What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Nice try but wrong. He is uncreated and was with the Father when the world began.

John 17:4-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

God created everything through his express IMAGE who is the spiritual son of God. But Jesus was born many years later to Mary. The Universe was not created by a man BR. You need to see the spiritual side of the equation. The spirit became flesh at the anointing of Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God created everything through his express IMAGE who is the spiritual son of God. But Jesus was born many years later to Mary. The Universe was not created by a man BR. You need to see the spiritual side of the equation. The spirit became flesh at the anointing of Jesus.

Image? That is what you say. My bible says;

Genesis 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The History of Creation
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR - You keep me baffled. In another post you state that Jesus is a man (as do the scriptures). Men are created at conception. Here you state that Jesus is uncreated and personally existed prior to the conception in Mary. Obviously that Jesus is not a man - and not taught in scripture.

I don't get it...

BTW - as to your use of Jn17:4,5 - you are mis-understanding the sense of the text. I suggest reading it in the context of v3 and Rev13:8, Eph1:4, IPet1:20, the whole Jewish conception of notional "pre-existence"etc.

You don't believe that Jesus is fully God and fully man?

keypurr

Image? That is what you say. My bible says;

Genesis 1:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

The History of Creation

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

He did, but he created it through his spirit son Christ. God is spirit, so is Christ.

Is it possible that Gen 1 reads like this?
The spirit of God (Christ) moved over the face of the waters.....

Open your mind BR, time is short.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He did, but he created it through his spirit son Christ. God is spirit, so is Christ.

Is it possible that Gen 1 reads like this?
The spirit of God (Christ) moved over the face of the waters.....

Open your mind BR, time is short.

Absolutely not. That is a grave error in interpretation. The Spirit that moved over the face of the waters was the Holy Spirit. If you will look at the verses properly and put them in their proper context, you will see that the Trinity was present at creation.

keypurr

Absolutely not. That is a grave error in interpretation. The Spirit that moved over the face of the waters was the Holy Spirit. If you will look at the verses properly and put them in their proper context, you will see that the Trinity was present at creation.

Thats possible BR, i just think it could be as Christ is a spirit from God so it could be said of God.got to keep thinking or you will get stuck in the muck friend.

Aner

BR

Are you familiar with the anhypostasis of the human nature of Christ?

Can you directly answer these two questions with your christological model?

Do you believe that the Jesus conceived was a created human person - human center of consciousness - just like you and I??

You believe this Jesus that was conceived could fully independently function independent of any incarnated deity just like you and I?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
He is not even slightly Most High. You can't defend God by saying Jesus is slightly or even fully Most High. The idolatry, if true, would make God untrustably flawed by being schizophrenic about having made Man and allowing Mankind to be sinful.

Mankind is neither sinful, nor God's mistake. But Mankind will conquer himself someday, and this someday will be an ugly day.

Jesus had to be fully human for his resurrection, and [his] wakening from the dead to be real.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All images are creations.
Why would say that, knowing that God manifested in many forms? (smoke, fire, dove, etc.)

1 Timothy 3 KJV
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God created the earth....
Yeppers.

Colossians 1 KJV
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4 KJV
(11) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

keypurr

Why would say that, knowing that God manifested in many forms? (smoke, fire, dove, etc.)

1 Timothy 3 KJV
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Because ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS.
Name one that is not created.

God created his exact image in Heb 1:3. He was pleased that IT contained his fullness in Col 1.

So who and what is this exact image of God.

He created all things through this image, it is his spiritual son. The true son that he sent to live in the body he prepared for it, Jesus. Heb 10:5. The mystery has been reveiled.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because ALL IMAGES ARE CREATIONS.
Name one that is not created.
Luke 3 KJV
(22) And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

keypurr

Luke 3 KJV

(22) And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

Was not the Dove a creation of the Holy Ghost?

Every Image is created.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was not the Dove a creation of the Holy Ghost?

Every Image is created.
Why would you assume it was created?

God appeared in many forms throughout scripture, even the form of a man. A man that ate with Abraham.

keypurr

Why would you assume it was created?

God appeared in many forms throughout scripture, even the form of a man. A man that ate with Abraham.

Whatever form was taken was created by the one taken the form.

God and his agents have taken many forms, that does not change the fact that the forms were created.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whatever form was taken was created by the one taken the form.

God and his agents have taken many forms, that does not change the fact that the forms were created.
Except that you have no scripture saying that the forms in which they manifested themselves were created.
You are adding something to scripture that is not there.
Obviously spirit beings can be both visible and invisible to the human eye.

I mean, what happened to the "man" form that ate with Abraham?
Did God create a corpse so a spirit could animate it for a short time, and then leave the corpse laying on the ground to rot afterward?

For Pete's sake, Keypurr, you make up so many non-scriptural defenses to try and justify your beliefs.