What is the Doctrine of Demons? 1 Timothy 4:1.

beameup

We know that ten of the twelve spies gave a negative report of the giants in Canaan.

Numbers 13:33 There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants) and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.

However, this might have been a reference to the NY Giants, who knows?

It's all about DNA. Have you ever heard of it?

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. - Isa 7:14
Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. - Matt 1:23

Chimera: a single organism composed of cells from different organisms.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It's all about DNA. Have you ever heard of it?

Hey, that's a really good point. We know God created Adam and Eve but why in the world would anyone think God could create DNA?

Oh well, it's all about DNA. Makes me wonder where DNA came from originally.

beameup

Hey, that's a really good point. We know God created Adam and Eve but why in the world would anyone think God could create DNA?

Oh well, it's all about DNA. Makes me wonder where DNA came from originally.

Yea, but you seem to think that it is above God's capabilities to create a Son in a virgin and deliver a God-Man through the birth-canal...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yea, but you seem to think that it is above God's capabilities to create a Son in a virgin and deliver a God-Man through the birth-canal...

I don't believe Mary gave birth to a God-man. I believe she gave birth to a tiny baby boy. I believe his cord was cut and he was washed and wrapped in a blanket to sleep and suckle. I believe she cleaned him and changed his diapers.

Jesus was born a king lower than the angels for the suffering of death. I believe God has life inherent but Mary's baby boy did not have life inherent, he had to be born again at a later date.

Jesus grew up to be a fine man and a master craftsman. Jesus is still plying his trade, he being the cornerstone (Psalm 118:22).

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
You do not know what you are talking about and I can prove it.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) makes Jesus' victory over sin, death, and the devil abundantly clear:

“The victory over sin and death through his Passover…” (CCC pg. 376)

“…Jesus did really die and through his death for us conquered death and the devil….” (CCC pg. 165)

Wrong again. There are over 200 pages dedicated to our Life in Christ.

You do not know what Catholicism is or teaches.

You do not even know what Christianity is. The best you have come up with is that Christianity is a "preoccupation".

Wrong again and I can prove it:

“Justification has been merited for us by the Passion of Christ….” (Catechism of the Catholic Church pg. 482)

You are beating up on a straw man here.

So tell me Robert, do you intentionally tell lies about what other people believe or is your ignorance level really that high?

I have probably forgotten more about Catholicism than you will ever know.

In the Gospel Jesus is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

In Catholicism Jesus is not completely able to save. He needs some help. It is not faith alone, Christ alone. It is faith plus works. Here is the problem with not only Catholicism, but all religions. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners of which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him. He is our substitute representative. All that Jesus does and all that he is, is ours by faith.

beameup

I don't believe Mary gave birth to a God-man. I believe she gave birth to a tiny baby boy. I believe his cord was cut and he was washed and wrapped in a blanket to sleep and suckle. I believe she cleaned him and changed his diapers.

Jesus was born a king lower than the angels for the suffering of death. I believe God has life inherent but Mary's baby boy did not have life inherent, he had to be born again at a later date.

Jesus grew up to be a fine man and a master craftsman. Jesus is still plying his trade, he being the cornerstone (Psalm 118:22).

The "cornerstone" of Christianity is the hypostatic union.
Translated that means that you are lost :burnlib: and not a Christian.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM
Then they took up stones to cast at him
- John 8:58-59a

Bard_the_Bowman

I have probably forgotten more about Catholicism than you will ever know.

Irrelevant. The point is, when you make claims about Catholicism it is really easy to check and see if what you are saying is true because the CCC is available free online.

Most of what you claim the Catholic Church teaches is false and it isn't difficult to show that.

In the Gospel Jesus is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

Amen.

In Catholicism Jesus is not completely able to save. He needs some help.

Uh, oh. You did it again. That is not true:

"By his glorious Cross Christ has won salvation for all men." (CCC, pg. 432)

It is not faith alone

Is there a bible verse that says it is "faith alone"? The only place I've been able to find "faith alone" is in James 2:24.

Christ alone. It is faith plus works.

I think I'll choose not to believe you just because you said it.

How about this? Prove it. Show me where the Catholic Church teaches we are saved by "faith plus works".

Here is the problem with not only Catholicism, but all religions. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners of which we are all one of. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ.

Here is the problem that I see. You misrepresent what other people believe and then rail against those misrepresentations.

It's fine if you want to disagree with what other people believe, but Geez, you ought to at least know what they actually believe first. You disagree with what you think other people believe but you are really just setting up straw men.

Another problem with your ideas, too many of them are not biblical. I've asked you this before and you haven't told me yet..

Where does the Bible teach that "God only accepts the works and obedience of Jesus Christ"?

Can you show me where the Bible teaches that please?

We are accepted only in him. He is our substitute representative. All that Jesus does and all that he is, is ours by faith.

Amen.

Peace.

fishrovmen

Irrelevant. The point is, when you make claims about Catholicism it is really easy to check and see if what you are saying is true because the CCC is available free online.

Most of what you claim the Catholic Church teaches is false and it isn't difficult to show that.

Amen.

Uh, oh. You did it again. That is not true:

"By his glorious Cross Christ has won salvation for all men." (CCC, pg. 432)

Is there a bible verse that says it is "faith alone"? The only place I've been able to find "faith alone" is in James 2:24.

I think I'll choose not to believe you just because you said it.

How about this? Prove it. Show me where the Catholic Church teaches we are saved by "faith plus works".

Here is the problem that I see. You misrepresent what other people believe and then rail against those misrepresentations.

It's fine if you want to disagree with what other people believe, but Geez, you ought to at least know what they actually believe first. You disagree with what you think other people believe but you are really just setting up straw men.

Another problem with your ideas, too many of them are not biblical. I've asked you this before and you haven't told me yet..

Where does the Bible teach that "God only accepts the works and obedience of Jesus Christ"?

Can you show me where the Bible teaches that please?

Amen.

Peace.

That is Roberts objective here, to knowingly bear false witness and run when asked questions. Nothing new there.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Immaculate Deception of Mary is a heresy, just like your anti-hypostatic union heresy. However, your heresy :burnlib: will send you to eternal destruction.

Speaking of immaculate conception, why do you think Mary was selected to be Jesus' mom?

fishrovmen

You ask the same questions over and over. You just don't like the answers.

It's not a matter of liking or not liking an answer. The issue is that you don't give answers. Not to me, nor anyone else as far as I can tell. You delight in giving comments that have nothing to do with the question, you delight in avoiding questions , you enjoy turning the attention away from yourself toward anyone who dare ask you a question with lies and suppositions and you enjoy starting even more repetitious threads filled with repeated nonsense, lies, straw men arguements and more suppositions based on what you THINK people believe, rather than what you have been told countless times that people ACTUALLY believe.

beameup

Speaking of immaculate conception, why do you think Mary was selected to be Jesus' mom?
Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, of the house and lineage of David and carrying legal title to the line, but without the blood curse of Jeconiah.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, of the house and lineage of David and carrying legal title to the line, but without the blood curse of Jeconiah.

True, but why did God choose Mary to be Jesus' mom?