ECT Watchman Nee quotes:

john w

Hall of Fame
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."-Yogi Berra

Truster

Meshugaduh

ʼa qʼámṗlymʻnt ʼwn ʼa brkh tʼaqʻ

or if you prefer

אַ קאָמפּלימענט און אַ ברכה טאַקע

To explain, he called me 'crazy' in Yiddish, so I said ''a compliment and a blessing indeed'' in Hebrew.

Cross Reference

It's Witness Lee and Watchman Nee, just to be clear.

And where do you see yourself in your inaccuracies, 'right divider'? Apparently you think you have connected all the dots. So lets have it. I'd like to know where you think me to "confused"? Do you have the guts to go one on one?

Truster

And where do you see yourself in your inaccuracies, 'right divider'? Apparently you think you have connected all the dots. So lets have it. I'd like to know where you think me to "confused"? Do you have the guts to go one on one?

Confused is not accurate and not powerful enough a word in describing you. Deranged would be a reasonable place to start.....

Cross Reference

Confused is not accurate and not powerful enough a word in describing you. Deranged would be a reasonable place to start.....

Put up or shut up, son. You have a lot of mouth without substance. You have been given facts you refuse to receive because of your conceit.

Grow up. Offer something more than one word and a haheheheheheh.

Cross Reference

I know the Bible and I am deranged. That's good coming from you.

I will gladly wear that badge when you present it bearing your name and organization.

Cross Reference

The Power God gave Adam and how it relates the Jesus, the second Adam:

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness” (Gen. 1.26). The words “image” and “likeness” may seem to be alike in meaning and may therefore appear repetitious. But in Hebrew the word “image” does not point to physical likeness, rather it denotes moral or spiritual similarity. Someone has put it as: “change into likeness”; that is, “to be conformed to a likeness”. The purpose in God creating man is for man to be transformed according to His image. God wanted Adam to be like Him. The devil said, “Ye shall be as God.” But God’s original intention was that Adam should be transformed to become like Him.

From this we conclude that before the fall Adam had in him the power to become like God. He possessed a hidden ability which made it possible for him to become like God. He was already like Him in outward appearance, but he was ordained by God to become like Him morally (I use the word “morally” to indicate that which is above the material, not what merely points to man’s good behavior). Thus are we shown how much loss mankind has suffered through the fall. The magnitude of the damage is probably beyond our imagination." . . W. Nee

Irrespective of any words by Jesus that might give us understanding of His origin, He set aside to be a mere man, can we see the mount transfiguration event in this as the completeness of what Jesus accomplished to become like God before going to the cross to enable those of us who are born again, to follow suit?

Note: The glory Jesus received on the mount was but a foretaste of what He would further receive upon His going to the cross. All the titles in Isaiah prophesied of Him would be realized by Him doing so..

OMT: If all of this was originally intended for Adam and we are of Adam, doesn't it stand to reason it is also FOR US to accomplish but only by the way Jesus accomplished it can it be possible? By the new birth He has enabled us to move into the "Becoming".

Adam is a soul. His spirit and body are joined in his soul:

Therefore, "Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently"1 Peter 1:22 (KJV 1900)

Last edited:

oatmeal

"The peril of the believer is to confuse the spirit for the soul and the soul for the spirit, and so be deceived into accepting the counterfeit of evil spirits to the unsettling of God's work. . . The greatest advantage in knowing the difference between spirit and soul is in perceiving the latent power of the soul and in understanding its falsification of the power of the Holy Spirit. Such knowledge is not theoretical but practical in helping people to walk in God's way". . . . from his booklet, "The Latent Power of the Soul".

Moral of the story: Buyer beware!

Hebrews 4:12

It is accurate knowledge of the scripture that gives us that enables us to separate soul from spirit

We have body and soul and spirit as believers, we need to be able to tell them apart. I Thessalonians 5:23

Aimiel

Someone actually wants to make fun of Watchman Nee? This guy single-handedly brought The Gospel to a godless nation. He established churches that are on fire, right now, with revival that is sweeping China. :duh:

Aimiel

That's his theology. Ours enculturation is different from his. His preaching and teaching can take hold upon anyone willing to have their eyes opened. He's a martyr and there have probably been more martyrs in China than anywhere else in the world.