ECT Watchman Nee quotes:

HisServant

That's his theology. Ours enculturation is different from his. His preaching and teaching can take hold upon anyone willing to have their eyes opened. He's a martyr and there have probably been more martyrs in China than anywhere else in the world.

That is what I call accommodating the local culture... which is exactly what got the RCC into such a mess.

There is no need to retrofit the Gospel into a culture... that is where Watchman Nee goes off the rails into heresy.

Aimiel

There is no need to retrofit the Gospel into a culture... that is where Watchman Nee goes off the rails into heresy.
There is NONE righteous, not one. If you need a perfect Pastor, Evangelist, Apostle, Prophet or Teacher to be able to endorse them or like their teaching, you'll never learn anything. Everyone has faults. None of us is perfect, yet. I've found a LOT less fault with Watchman Nee than most US televangelists. Many of them are not even preaching orthodox Christianity.

Cross Reference

There is NONE righteous, not one. If you need a perfect Pastor, Evangelist, Apostle, Prophet or Teacher to be able to endorse them or like their teaching, you'll never learn anything. Everyone has faults. None of us is perfect, yet. I've found a LOT less fault with Watchman Nee than most US televangelists. Many of them are not even preaching orthodox Christianity.

God has always favored the righteous and still does so, what do you mean by such a broad statement that is not accurate? If Nee was not a righteous man do you suppose God would have used him and prosper him as we read of him?

Aimiel

God has always favored the righteous and still does so, what do you mean by such a broad statement that is not accurate? If Nee was not a righteous man do you suppose God would have used him and prosper him as we read of him?
No one is Righteous. In God's Eyes, we are His very righteousness. He looks upon us as if we have never sinned. We have. None of us is perfect. Not one. Watchman Nee was a great man. He was one of the greatest preachers and Apostles who ever lived. He had faults, just like everyone does.

Top 12 Watchman Nee Quotes

1. “Grace means that God does something for me; law means that I do something for God. God has certain holy and righteous demands which he places upon me: that is law. Now if law means that God requires something of me for their fulfillment, then deliverance from law means he no longer requires that from me, but himself provides it.”

2. “So we can say, reverently, that God never gave us the Law to keep: he gave us the Law to break! He well knew that we could not keep it.”

3. “The Law requires much, but offers no help in the carrying out of its requirements. The Lord Jesus requires just as much, yea even more (Matt. 5:21-48), but what he requires from us he himself carries out in us. The law makes demands and leaves us helpless to fulfill them; Christ makes demands, but he himself fulfills in us the very demands he makes.”

4. “What does it mean in everyday life to be delivered from the Law? At risk of a little overstatement I reply: It means that henceforth I am going to do nothing whatever for God; I am never again going to try to please Him. ‘What a doctrine!’ you exclaim. ‘What awful heresy! You cannot possibly mean that!’ But remember, if I try to please God ‘in the flesh,’ then immediately I place myself under the Law.”

5. “God’s requirements have not altered, but we are not the ones to meet them. Praise God, he is the Lawgiver on the Throne, and he is the Lawkeeper in my heart. He who gave the Law, himself keeps it.”

6. “Though the Law in itself is all right, it will be all wrong if it is applied to the wrong person. The ‘wretched man’ of Romans 7 tried to meet the claims of God’s law himself, and that was the cause of his trouble. The repeated use of the word ‘I’ in this chapter gives the clue to the failure.”

7. “We think of the Christian life as a ‘changed life’ but it is not that. What God offers us is an ‘exchanged life,’ a ‘substituted life,’ and Christ is our Substitute within.”

8. “From start to finish, he is the One who does it all.”

9. “It does not matter what your personal deficiency, or whether it be a hundred and one different things, God has always one sufficient answer, His Son Jesus Christ, and he is the answer to every need.”

10. “Many Christians endeavor to drive themselves by will-power, and then think the Christian life a most exhausting and bitter one.”

11. “God must bring us to a point – I cannot tell you how it will be, but he will do it – where, through a deep and dark experience, our natural power is touched and fundamentally weakened, so that we no longer dare trust ourselves… At length there comes a time when we no longer ‘like’ to do Christian work – indeed we almost dread to do things in the Lord’s Name. But then at last it is that he can begin to use us.”

12. “We have spoken of trying and trusting, and the difference between the two. Believe me, it is the difference between heaven and hell.”

SOURCE ARTICLE

Number 8 and 10 are two of my favorites. :thumb:

Cross Reference

No one is Righteous. In God's Eyes, we are His very righteousness. He looks upon us as if we have never sinned. We have. None of us is perfect. Not one. Watchman Nee was a great man. He was one of the greatest preachers and Apostles who ever lived. He had faults, just like everyone does.
No one righteous in His eyes for what __ His favor or for reconciliation-salvation with Him?

Cross Reference

Top 12 Watchman Nee Quotes

1. “Grace means that God does something for me; law means that I do something for God. God has certain holy and righteous demands which he places upon me: that is law. Now if law means that God requires something of me for their fulfillment, then deliverance from law means he no longer requires that from me, but himself provides it.”

2. “So we can say, reverently, that God never gave us the Law to keep: he gave us the Law to break! He well knew that we could not keep it.”

3. “The Law requires much, but offers no help in the carrying out of its requirements. The Lord Jesus requires just as much, yea even more (Matt. 5:21-48), but what he requires from us he himself carries out in us. The law makes demands and leaves us helpless to fulfill them; Christ makes demands, but he himself fulfills in us the very demands he makes.”

4. “What does it mean in everyday life to be delivered from the Law? At risk of a little overstatement I reply: It means that henceforth I am going to do nothing whatever for God; I am never again going to try to please Him. ‘What a doctrine!’ you exclaim. ‘What awful heresy! You cannot possibly mean that!’ But remember, if I try to please God ‘in the flesh,’ then immediately I place myself under the Law.”

5. “God’s requirements have not altered, but we are not the ones to meet them. Praise God, he is the Lawgiver on the Throne, and he is the Lawkeeper in my heart. He who gave the Law, himself keeps it.”

6. “Though the Law in itself is all right, it will be all wrong if it is applied to the wrong person. The ‘wretched man’ of Romans 7 tried to meet the claims of God’s law himself, and that was the cause of his trouble. The repeated use of the word ‘I’ in this chapter gives the clue to the failure.”

7. “We think of the Christian life as a ‘changed life’ but it is not that. What God offers us is an ‘exchanged life,’ a ‘substituted life,’ and Christ is our Substitute within.”

8. “From start to finish, he is the One who does it all.”

9. “It does not matter what your personal deficiency, or whether it be a hundred and one different things, God has always one sufficient answer, His Son Jesus Christ, and he is the answer to every need.”

10. “Many Christians endeavor to drive themselves by will-power, and then think the Christian life a most exhausting and bitter one.”

11. “God must bring us to a point – I cannot tell you how it will be, but he will do it – where, through a deep and dark experience, our natural power is touched and fundamentally weakened, so that we no longer dare trust ourselves… At length there comes a time when we no longer ‘like’ to do Christian work – indeed we almost dread to do things in the Lord’s Name. But then at last it is that he can begin to use us.”

12. “We have spoken of trying and trusting, and the difference between the two. Believe me, it is the difference between heaven and hell.”

SOURCE ARTICLE

Number 8 and 10 are two of my favorites. :thumb:

What I believe you are you overlooking is this: Man must submit to God for any of those quotes be made effective. Nee knew that.

Aimiel

No one righteous in His eyes for what __ His favor or for reconciliation-salvation with Him?
No one is perfect, having never sinned, except Christ. In God's Eyes, He sees us as perfect, because of The Blood. On earth, we have a fallen mind and walk in temples of flesh, so we aren't perfect. We cannot even see our own flaws, clearly.

Cross Reference

No one is perfect, having never sinned, except Christ. In God's Eyes, He sees us as perfect, because of The Blood. On earth, we have a fallen mind and walk in temples of flesh, so we aren't perfect. We cannot even see our own flaws, clearly.

Indeed, no one is perfect however, many are and were righteous and found favor with God. How many accounts are needed to convince you of that? The quote you use to make your point has been mis-quoted by the religion of man to promote their religious agenda. Why not ponder the accounts of those that were like, Noah, Enoch, Abel, Abraham, David, who had a heart after God, Mary and Joseph, Simeon, Anna ,etc __ shall I go on?

If one is born again, He makes us see our flaws that we must die to. That is what it means to pick up our cross everyday. A relationship with the Holy Spirit by Christ Jesus accomplishes our perfection in Him IF we submit to His indwelling life because we can do nothing of ourselves in that regard. Submission is our part __ and it can be hard work.

Watchman Nee was also a faithful martyr for our Lord Jesus, who endured much, much suffering, find it near impossible to fathom anybody here worthy of his crown, his critics in quicksand, of this no doubt.

What I always find most revealing, regarding online forums, is how so many people post things that reveal what is really inside them, and it is not Christ.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

HisServant

If a teacher teaches but one error, we know they are false and are commanded to have nothing to do with them since they are not preaching/writing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Why do we discount scriptures and tolerate errant teaching?.... the fact is that a true teacher would commit very little to paper and let his actions speak for themselves. Just as Jesus never wrote a single word during his ministry.

Aimiel

If a teacher teaches but one error, we know they are false and are commanded to have nothing to do with them since they are not preaching/writing under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
That would close every single school, college and church in the country.
Why do we discount scriptures and tolerate errant teaching?.... the fact is that a true teacher would commit very little to paper and let his actions speak for themselves. Just as Jesus never wrote a single word during his ministry.
He inspired the entire Bible. He did more in three years' ministry than anyone who's ever lived in their lifetime.

While no teacher is perfect, teaching one false doctrine doesn't make them anathema. A Prophet is held to this standard, but no other office.

Cross Reference

You haven't as yet pointed up his error in teaching. While you are pondering it all, why not consider what you have taken to yourself as a plumbline for judging another man's ministry is of itself a 'slanted' plumbline?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

God inspired other men to do so.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What I believe you are you overlooking is this: Man must submit to God for any of those quotes be made effective. Nee knew that.

The true faith is of how God has entered the life of the believer and works with them after first preparing in them.

It is better to say that the Father works with people who Jesus has prepared.

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

LA

Cross Reference

The true faith is of how God has entered the life of the believer and works with them after first preparing in them.

???

It is better to say that the Father works with people who Jesus has prepared.

????

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. LA

You are screwed up in your thinking about what you believe to be the reason for the new birth.

I ask you again, what 'stripe' of Pentecostalism are you?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
???

????

You are screwed up in your thinking about what you believe to be the reason for the new birth.

I ask you again, what 'stripe' of Pentecostalism are you?

If you do not know the truth of this then you need to seek the Lord about it and He will tell you.

Joh 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Joh 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
Joh 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

LA