Watch out, do not be deceived.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay well I am in agreement that his return is near as I believe He returns in 2029 and that the tribulation will therefore begin in 2022. So If you believe we are in the last 3.5 years of the tribulation then we will both see who was right by 2022. Hopefully by then you will have stopped funding the false prophets future platform.

Well, I give up. I am talking about now and you are talking about 2022. Whatever. Let's see what happens, bro'!!

WatchmanOnTheWall

Well, I give up. I am talking about now and you are talking about 2022. Whatever. Let's see what happens, bro'!!

Yes okay but when does your 3.5 years come to an end? I'm guessing it's 2019 and who do you think the false prophet will be? I will tell you that I believe the Anti-Christ will be the Muslim Madhi.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes okay but when does your 3.5 years come to an end? I'm guessing it's 2019 and who do you think the false prophet will be? I will tell you that I believe the Anti-Christ will be the Muslim Madhi.
The Bible says this about the anti-Christ.

Dan 11:37 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:37) Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The Bible says this about the anti-Christ.

Dan 11:37 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:37) Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers: The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

nor the desire of women: The Messiah Jesus.

nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all: The Anti-Christ will believe he is God.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Daniel 11:37 is ALL about the anti-Christ, as is most of chapter 11.

That's what I said:

Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers: The God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob.

nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all: The Anti-Christ will believe he is God.

Which bit don't agree with (understand).

Right Divider

Body part
That's what I said:

Which bit don't agree with (understand).
I appeared that you were trying to say that "nor the desire for women" referred to Christ. It does not. That whole chapter is describing the anti-Christ and his actions and characteristics.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I appeared that you were trying to say that "nor the desire for women" referred to Christ. It does not. That whole chapter is describing the anti-Christ and his actions and characteristics.

"nor the desire of women"

Refers to the desire the Jewish woman had to be the mother of the Messiah, who turned out to be Jesus.

Is that clear? This is a well know teaching and I'm surprised each time I see someone who thinks it is talking about the Anti-Christ. Just like Eusebius did.

Right Divider

Body part
"nor the desire of women"

Refers to the desire the Jewish woman had to be the mother of the Messiah, who turned out to be Jesus.

Is that clear? This is a well know teaching and I'm surprised each time I see someone who thinks it is talking about the Anti-Christ. Just like Eusebius did.
You are crazy.

WatchmanOnTheWall

The NIV is a complete and utter piece of garbage.

You have forgotten the point of our little side debate, it was why Daniel 11:37 is about the Anti-Christ and not the Messiah. All the translations don't differ on this point. You've gone off topic.

As the link I gave says; "Traditionally it was every Jewish woman’s desire to be chosen to give birth to Israel’s Messiah."

Right Divider

Body part
You have forgotten the point of our little side debate, it was why Daniel 11:37 is about the Anti-Christ and not the Messiah. All the translations don't differ on this point. You've gone off topic.
I followed your lead off topic when I replied to one of you posts in this thread.

As the link I gave says; "Traditionally it was every Jewish woman’s desire to be chosen to give birth to Israel’s Messiah."
That is not what Daniel 11:37 is talking about.

WatchmanOnTheWall

I followed your lead off topic when I replied to one of you posts in this thread.

That is not what Daniel 11:37 is talking about.

What we have here is a basic disagreement in interpretation. You say Christ I say anti-Christ. Only God can reveal the truth. Debating is pointless. But I reckon we could agree Jesus is Lord!

Right Divider

Body part
What we have here is a basic disagreement in interpretation. You say Christ I say anti-Christ. Only God can reveal the truth. Debating is pointless. But I reckon we could agree Jesus is Lord!
I did NOT say Christ.... you said Christ.

I said this: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-be-deceived&p=5138903&viewfull=1#post5138903
You said this: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-be-deceived&p=5138924&viewfull=1#post5138924

I said: "Daniel 11:37 is ALL about the anti-Christ, as is most of chapter 11."
You said: ..."
nor the desire of women: The Messiah Jesus."...

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Do either of you think that the phrase "nor the desire of women" has anything to do with the practice of celibacy in the Roman Catholic church?