Ukraine Crisis

Hoping

Banned
Would you stand aside while someone killed your loved one in front of you?
I would rather do that than go to hell.
But I trust God's word that it will never happen.
As it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes God provides.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I would rather do that than go to hell.
But I trust God's word that it will never happen.
As it is written..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

Wow. So, like if you had a weapon in your hand and a chance to use it to prevent someone from killing/abducting your child, you wouldn't use it? Not even to save your own child?

Hoping

Banned
Wow. So, like if you had a weapon in your hand and a chance to use it to prevent someone from killing/abducting your child, you wouldn't use it? Not even to save your own child?
Are you a Christian?
I can't understand why you would ask such a question if you were.
In Christians circles, God's word is imperative.
He had this written for us to be able to "escape" a temptation to kill..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

He is our deliverer from evil, and those that love Him await His deliverance.
Christians pray that God will protect them from situations like your hypothetical one.
He is not far from any of us.

marke

Lara Logan is seeing the root of what's going on in Ukraine.

I agree with Lara but maybe not completely. I don't know where she stands with Russia and the invasion of Ukraine but I agree that globalists are exploiting the Ukrainian people just like globalists are exploiting the American people for evil purposes. However, Russia is a communist nation that murders innocent people and persecutes Christians as if a national sport. I do not support Russia's invasion of Ukraine no matter how many leftist globalists have infected the country.

marke

...and non-Christians. Or do you make a distinction on the value of an innocent life based on their religion?
I focus on Christians because God does. Russia cannot be excused for its persecution of Christians and neither can leftists in the US. Barbarians who persecute Christians will persecute anyone they don't like, like jailing protesters against democrat voter fraud without due process.

marke

Yes I am. Now can you answer my question?
Here is some good advice for all of us Christians:

2 Peter 1

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Arthur Brain

If we have faith in God that something like that won't happen, it won't happen.
How many scriptural exhortations and admonissions are there that illustrate how and where we are to, and not to walk among the wicked, for our own protection?
Dozens.
Like..."But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor 11:15)
If the woman forgoes the long hair, she has forfeited the covering protection of God.
If God does have a reason for you or yours to die, why fight it?
You're going to die eventually.

I believe God will do the defending for us.
Should the allied forces have laid down arms and let Hitler & The Third Reich ride roughshod over Europe?

Arthur Brain

Common sense would tell them to get out of town quick.
Many have tried but are trapped in besieged areas, especially Mariupol where there's no way out, there's little to nothing in the way of food water, no power and safe passage is deliberately blocked by Russian forces. Do you even watch any form of news?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I wouldn't be so quick to believe what's being reported. There is a lot going on that is kept under cover. Bio Labs being destroyed and records being obtained. Fake news can do so much.
Interesting that you and those who think like you would believe the lies of a murderous dictatorship as justification for their unwarranted invasion of another country. Do you think Putin doesn't have his own "bio labs"? Meanwhile, his army is bombing apartment buildings, hospitals, and maternity wards in Ukraine, killing innocent civilians with gleeful abandon. But who cares about that right? Certainly, not you.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

I wouldn't be so quick to believe what's being reported. There is a lot going on that is kept under cover. Bio Labs being destroyed and records being obtained. Fake news can do so much.
What "fake news" would that be? Claiming bio labs and whatnot is another leaf straight outta Russia's war machine playbook. Bombing maternity hospitals with false propaganda about it being full of insurgents is typical. What's going on is atrocious and Putin is a war criminal. He invaded a sovereign, independent nation with no provocation whatsoever. Mariupol is a smoldering wreck of a city after weeks of continual bombardment and this again, is typical of the war machine. His attempts to occupy and quell the Ukraine into submission have been a dismal failure. He underestimated the resolve of resistance, the incompetence and disrepair of his own forces and equipment and severely miscalculated on the unity of Western alliance in the condemnation of it all. His own people are going to suffer the force of sanctions imposed and does he care? Of course not, he's a psychopathic despot.

Where exactly do you get your "news" from?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Where exactly do you get your "news" from?
Tucker Carlson is probably one of the sources for these types. You may recall that last summer Carlson was laughed at for claiming that he was being investigated by the NSA. It turns out that he was being investigated because he was in secret communication with contacts within the Kremlin. Of course, American intelligence wanted to know what was being discussed. Fast forward to today, and Carlson is repeating Kremlin talking points on a nightly basis to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine to his audience.

Tucker Carlson is a supporter of Putin's dictatorship and a traitor.

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

Tucker Carlson is probably one of the sources for these types. You may recall last summer that Carlson was laughed at for claiming that he was being investigated by the NSA. It turns out that he was being investigated because he was in secret communication with contacts within the Kremlin. Of course, American intelligence wanted to know what was being discussed. Fast forward to today, and Carlson is repeating Kremlin talking points on a nightly basis to justify Putin's invasion of Ukraine to his audience.

Tucker Carlson is a supporter of Putin's dictatorship and a traitor.
Him, Lara Logan & Fox "news" are discredited jokes. Sad thing is, some will lap it up no matter what. Meanwhile, the bombing and the atrocities go on.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

marke

The latest insanity from Rudy Guiliani:

Democrats hate Guiliani for exposing democrat corruption they do not want broadcast and do not want to believe.