Ukraine Crisis

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Well, best get some better grain then. Do you believe in papal infallibility? I happen to like Pope Francis as it goes as he's not mired in patriarchy or zealous mindset run amok and he happens to condemn the invasion and the appalling atrocities associated, as do many within the Russian Orthodox Church. What say you?
I condemn it too. I believe in papal infallibility but that's a very precise and particular term so I have to qualify that what I mean by it is exactly word-for-word verbatim how papal infallibility is defined in the Catechism (circa 1992) and in no other source. It's in this Catechism where the modern Catholic regard for universal human rights is made clear also.

Hoping

Banned
The fearmongers make a false dichotomy for themselves for some reason and then fail to recognize it. They imagine that the two mutually exclusive choices are between the 'status quo', and Washington surrendering absolute sovereignty. There is a third option. Expand the United States. Swallow the whole world into Washington federal power and into the United States Constitution. I don't know why any of the fearmongers wouldn't support that. Marke has even said that he wouldn't be opposed to that model of a one world government, he just doesn't support Washington losing sovereignt

He's the patriarch. He's like the king of the Church. He is the grain of the Russian Orthodox Church.
God says "thou shalt not kill", so anyone blessing killers is not of God.

Idolater

God says "thou shalt not kill", so anyone blessing killers is not of God.
You say.

The Apostles say God says don't murder. They don't say that God says don't kill in self defense. That's just what you say.

Idolater

That depends on which translation you use.
There are tons of translations of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, you're correct. Interestingly the first edition was published I believe in French, and then it was translated into Latin, and then Latin (like retroactively) was pronounced the authoritative version used to answer any disputes about different translations, all of which were then made from the Latin into all the other languages.

I do not know if the Latin was then used to make a new French version though. I doubt it, but I honestly didn't confirm.

Hoping

Banned
You say.

The Apostles say God says don't murder. They don't say that God says don't kill in self defense. That's just what you say.
It is written..."And he killed James the brother of John with the sword." (Acts 12:2)
Isn't that murder?
And where does God distinguish between murder and killing in self defense?
Jesus said to turn the other cheek.
Pray for enemies, and do them good.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can't do that if you are killing them.
And you can’t pray or defend your family if you are dead. We already know that Putin and his followers have no issue with slaughtering children … OR anyone else.

Motives matter. I believe that God expects parents to protect and defend their children’s lives by any means necessary.

Hoping

Banned
nd you can’t pray or defend your family if you are dead.
If we have faith in God that something like that won't happen, it won't happen.
How many scriptural exhortations and admonissions are there that illustrate how and where we are to, and not to walk among the wicked, for our own protection?
Dozens.
Like..."But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor 11:15)
If the woman forgoes the long hair, she has forfeited the covering protection of God.
If God does have a reason for you or yours to die, why fight it?
You're going to die eventually.
We already know that Putin and his followers have no issue with slaughtering children … OR anyone else.
Motives matter. I believe that God expects parents to protect and defend their children’s lives by any means necessary.
I believe God will do the defending for us.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If we have faith in God that something like that won't happen, it won't happen.
How many scriptural exhortations and admonissions are there that illustrate how and where we are to, and not to walk among the wicked, for our own protection?
Dozens.
Like..."But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." (1 Cor 11:15)
If the woman forgoes the long hair, she has forfeited the covering protection of God.
If God does have a reason for you or yours to die, why fight it?
You're going to die eventually.

I believe God will do the defending for us.
I believe God helps those who help themselves. Putin and his army of Little Puters deserve the Old Yeller treatment…

Hoping

Banned
God has given parents the responsibility of protecting one another and especially their children … as well as using common sense.

Common sense should tell them that the invaders wish to murder their children.
Common sense would tell them to get out of town quick.

Hoping

Banned
Many have tried and have been murdered on their journey…

Putin and his gang have no intention of allowing safe passage from THEIR country …
Many have tried and are now in Poland, Romania, Moldova, and elsewhere.