Ukraine Crisis

marke

Russia is regressing rapidly, hour by hour. This is terrible for the Russian people who are being dragged into something they didn't want, and are helpless as to what to do about it. Easy for me to say from here that they should go into the streets by the millions upon millions but unless they do, Putin will continue to commit genocide on the Ukrainian people in the name of empire, because he thinks no one can stop him.
Wicked rulers like Putin do not have compassion for people or respect for God. Their wickedness will be judged in the coming white throne judgment of God.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Wicked rulers like Putin do not have compassion for people or respect for God. Their wickedness will be judged in the coming white throne judgment of God.
It could be sooner than that. Assassination.

marke

I've been reading their words. If you're interested, go to the media where they are at: Twitter is very commonly used by journalists because of its accessibility and immediateness. Look for verified and established news outlets and journalists/diplomats/analysts/historians/etc. who are there, who've been there for years, who are Russian or Ukrainian themselves or work with them, live among them, etc. Who have the pulse of the people where they are at. Those who I'm not paying too much attention to aren't any of the above.

This is the balancing act. Because Putin can mobilize his people against NATO. Against Ukraine, no, they can't understand why he's doing this.
NATO cannot deliver people from the devil and his unwitting disciples, only Jesus can.

marke

Ron DeSantis: What a colossal idiot.

Ron Desantis says France ‘would not put up a fight’ if Russia invaded

Ron DeSantis has sparked outrage by suggesting France would "fold" if Russia attempted to invade.

The Florida governor praised Ukraine's fighting spirit during a press conference on Wednesday but bizarrely noted that French forces probably wouldn't "put up a fight" if Vladimir Putin invaded their country.

"A lot of other places around the world, they just fold the minute there’s any type of adversity,” Mr DeSantis said.
"Can you imagine if he went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not."
There are many in France, no doubt, who would not fight for world freedom, just as there are many in other nations, like the US, unwilling to lift a finger to help others who are in distress.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Eh, President Trump targeted President Biden and Senator Warren way before the 2020 election. It's just electioneering, no harm in that. You know ... unless they're being criminals about it.
I'm just amused that Anna is parroting the same faux outrage that I'm seeing on three other social media platforms. It's clearly organized

marke

Eh, President Trump targeted President Biden and Senator Warren way before the 2020 election. It's just electioneering, no harm in that. You know ... unless they're being criminals about it.
Trump campaigned against political enemies of freedom and rights in America, but he never had them placed under surveillance by government intelligence gathering organizations like Obama did in spying on Trump.

marke

It could be sooner than that. Assassination.
God may allow wicked rulers to steal elections, avoid prosecution for crimes, and live rich lives well into the sunset, but He will judge all sinners and justly reward or recompense each for what he did.

marke

I'm just amused that Anna is parroting the same faux outrage that I'm seeing on three other social media platforms. It's clearly organized
There is a sort of loose-knit unity among those rubes willingly buying into leftist ideology and every stupid thing promoted by leftists in opposition to what is good, right, and true.

Arthur Brain

Russia is regressing rapidly, hour by hour. This is terrible for the Russian people who are being dragged into something they didn't want, and are helpless as to what to do about it. Easy for me to say from here that they should go into the streets by the millions upon millions but unless they do, Putin will continue to commit genocide on the Ukrainian people in the name of empire, because he thinks no one can stop him.
This is another tragedy that this despotic tyrant doesn't care about. The Russian people aren't allowed any sort of critical voice and he doesn't care about any of them anyway. Those who do protest are hauled away to be incarcerated and those who decry democracy on here want to be glad that they live in countries that allow it.

Arthur Brain

Agreed but I wouldn't call them sycophants? Not even toadies. They're I think lieutenants, more military except not formally military. The whole polity seems 'built' for an absolute hierarchy. The thing crumbled to the ground in 1991 but we didn't 'kick them' when they were down and they've risen right back up. We're right back in the Cold War again. This was supposed to be over.

Or assassinated. But is the devil we know better than the one we don't?
Oh for the days of Gorbachev and Yeltsin again. I'd hoped the days of hardline dictatorship in Russia was over but no. Not by a long shot and too much leeway was given to Putin, seemingly in the hopes that he wouldn't be a complete despot and trade/energy deals could be done with the West.

No such luck on the former and there were enough warnings that this guy, ex KGB, was/is a psychopath and lo and behold....

marke

This is another tragedy that this despotic tyrant doesn't care about. The Russian people aren't allowed any sort of critical voice and he doesn't care about any of them anyway. Those who do protest are hauled away to be incarcerated and those who decry democracy on here want to be glad that they live in countries that allow it.
The whole world is becoming increasingly dominated by politicians who force satanic wickedness on unwilling citizens.

Arthur Brain

The "great" crime Putin and associated committed was invading an independent country with no provocation and his actions are rightfully condemned around the world. If you endorse or even remotely make excuses for the actions of this despotic dictator then you are beyond an idiot.

Oh, don't bother with your "confession through projection" garbage either if you happen to *respond*.