Ukraine Crisis

Arthur Brain

The multiplicity of stories surrounding this war make one confusing mess so I will just say this about the entire situation,

I have known a lot of Ukrainians during my lifetime and they have been some of the best people I've ever known. I do not recall ever knowing a dishonest one. I'm sure there are some because we live in a sinful world, but I have never known one. I don't know of a higher compliment to give them. I will also say I have yet to meet a Ukrainian without a good sense of humor.

Ukrainian food, cooked by the Ukrainian women I have known, is the best food I have eaten. I love it.

My sympathies lie with the Ukrainian people. They have suffered far more than their fair share and I would love to see all this corruption and cruelty come to an end so these people can live decent lives. The US, the Russians and the WEF need to get out of their lives and just let them live.
Well, this is a first. I don't agree with the entirety of your post but I do relate to the sentiment. However, it's solely Putin and his horde of sycophants in power who are responsible for the travesty that's unfolded/unfolding before us each day. One can only hope that Putin and associated are tried and convicted of war crimes for the horror they've inflicted, and not just on the Ukraine but on their own homeland.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Well, this is a first. I don't agree with the entirety of your post but I do relate to the sentiment. However, it's solely Putin and his horde of sycophants in power who are responsible for the travesty that's unfolded/unfolding before us each day.
Agreed but I wouldn't call them sycophants? Not even toadies. They're I think lieutenants, more military except not formally military. The whole polity seems 'built' for an absolute hierarchy. The thing crumbled to the ground in 1991 but we didn't 'kick them' when they were down and they've risen right back up. We're right back in the Cold War again. This was supposed to be over.
One can only hope that Putin and associated are tried and convicted of war crimes for the horror they've inflicted, and not just on the Ukraine but on their own homeland.
Or assassinated. But is the devil we know better than the one we don't?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well, this is a first. I don't agree with the entirety of your post but I do relate to the sentiment. However, it's solely Putin and his horde of sycophants in power who are responsible for the travesty that's unfolded/unfolding before us each day. One can only hope that Putin and associated are tried and convicted of war crimes for the horror they've inflicted, and not just on the Ukraine but on their own homeland.

Russia is regressing rapidly, hour by hour. This is terrible for the Russian people who are being dragged into something they didn't want, and are helpless as to what to do about it. Easy for me to say from here that they should go into the streets by the millions upon millions but unless they do, Putin will continue to commit genocide on the Ukrainian people in the name of empire, because he thinks no one can stop him.

Idolater

Russia is regressing rapidly, hour by hour. This is terrible for the Russian people who are being dragged into something they didn't want, and are helpless as to what to do about it.
That's a bold claim that requires some substantiation. I see that there are many Russians who are demonstrating and speaking out, but you're making a big assumption that they are representative of a true majority or even super-majority of Russians. I haven't seen evidence sustaining that claim, but I have seen many Russians demonstrating and speaking out against what Putin's doing, it's just not enough for me to conclude that it's a majority.
Easy for me to say from here that they should go into the streets by the millions upon millions but unless they do, Putin will continue to commit genocide on the Ukrainian people in the name of empire, because he thinks no one can stop him.
Or unless someone else stops him. Which can't even appear to be the US, because that's ... WWIII.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's a bold claim that requires some substantiation. I see that there are many Russians who are demonstrating and speaking out, but you're making a big assumption that they are representative of a true majority or even super-majority of Russians. I haven't seen evidence sustaining that claim, but I have seen many Russians demonstrating and speaking out against what Putin's doing, it's just not enough for me to conclude that it's a majority.

I've been reading their words. If you're interested, go to the media where they are at: Twitter is very commonly used by journalists because of its accessibility and immediateness. Look for verified and established news outlets and journalists/diplomats/analysts/historians/etc. who are there, who've been there for years, who are Russian or Ukrainian themselves or work with them, live among them, etc. Who have the pulse of the people where they are at. Those who I'm not paying too much attention to aren't any of the above.

Or unless someone else stops him. Which can't even appear to be the US, because that's ... WWIII.

This is the balancing act. Because Putin can mobilize his people against NATO. Against Ukraine, no, they can't understand why he's doing this.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ron DeSantis: What a colossal idiot.

Ron Desantis says France ‘would not put up a fight’ if Russia invaded

Ron DeSantis has sparked outrage by suggesting France would "fold" if Russia attempted to invade.

The Florida governor praised Ukraine's fighting spirit during a press conference on Wednesday but bizarrely noted that French forces probably wouldn't "put up a fight" if Vladimir Putin invaded their country.

"A lot of other places around the world, they just fold the minute there’s any type of adversity,” Mr DeSantis said.
"Can you imagine if he went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ron DeSantis: What a colossal idiot.

Ron Desantis says France ‘would not put up a fight’ if Russia invaded

Ron DeSantis has sparked outrage by suggesting France would "fold" if Russia attempted to invade.

The Florida governor praised Ukraine's fighting spirit during a press conference on Wednesday but bizarrely noted that French forces probably wouldn't "put up a fight" if Vladimir Putin invaded their country.

"A lot of other places around the world, they just fold the minute there’s any type of adversity,” Mr DeSantis said.
"Can you imagine if he went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not."
France - home of the cheese eating surrender monkey.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Even if true: he's a lightweight compared with Putin, who is an unmitigated IDIOT of EPIC PROPORTION.
The left is trying to generate a ground swell of outrage against DeSantis because they see him as the likely successor to Trump

This pathetic effort is way too early

But I'm amused by the bots on Facebook who are trying to Gin up the outrage. Bots just like Anna.

Idolater

The left is trying to generate a ground swell of outrage against DeSantis because they see him as the likely successor to Trump

This pathetic effort is way too early

But I'm amused by the bots on Facebook who are trying to Gin up the outrage. Bots just like Anna.
Eh, President Trump targeted President Biden and Senator Warren way before the 2020 election. It's just electioneering, no harm in that. You know ... unless they're being criminals about it.