Trinity Belief Is A Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Talk about a bogus argument. :carryon:

I said
ROFLOL And I was afraid I would miss your opinion. That was close.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Not in everything. Satan doesn't have a son named Jesus. And your trinity is of the devil, satan, serpent.

Mine is Father, Son and Holy Spirit thank you. Yours is the devil, the beast and the false prophet.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Mine is Father, Son and Holy Spirit thank you. Yours is the devil, the beast and the false prophet.

I said
Wait aminute. Is not a three in one God. The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are all separate beings. Three different being in three different places. All at the same time.

Matt 3:16-17
16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Wait aminute. Is not a three in one God. The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are all separate beings. Three different being in three different places. All at the same time.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.
17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
(NKJ)

Nope! One essence, three persons.

JFish123

I said

16When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

17And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

(NKJ)

Curious what are your beliefs? Are you a Jehovahs Witness who doesn't believe in the Trinity or someone else?

JFish123

THE TRINITY
The pagans believed in a Triad of gods. They were polytheists. That means they believed in three main gods (Triad) who were completely separate beings. And they ruled over the rest of the gods.
The Trinity is 1 God with three persons-The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit that are equal in essence and nature as One God. And they rule over No other gods as there's only one God. A triangle has three point but it is still One triangle.
We have One-The Trinity. And the Bible clearly states in the Trinity, so it's not from "outside pagan religions."
For example, Peter refers to the saints who have been chosen "according to the foreknowledge of God The Father." (1 Peter 1:2) when Jesus made a post resurrection appearance to Thomas, the disciple worshipfully responded by addressing Him, "My Lord and MY GOD." (John 20:28) The Father also said of the Son, "Your throne O God, is forever and ever." In Acts 5:3-4, we are told that lying to the Holy Spirit is equivalent to lying to God. Peter said,"Ananias, why has satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit,,, You have not lied to men but to God."
Besides being called God, each of the three persons are seen on different occasions to possess the attributes of deity. Note the following examples:
All three persons possess the attribute of omnipresence:
The Father (1 Kings 8:27)
The Son (Matthew 28:20)
The Holy Spirit (psalm 139:7)
All three have the attribute of omniscience:
The Father (psalm 147:5)
The Son (John 16:30)
The Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:10)
All three have the attribute of omnipotence:
The Father (Psalm 135:6)
The Son (Matthew 28:18)
The Holy Spirit (Romans 15:19)
Holiness is ascribed to each of the three persons:
The Father (Revelation 15:4)
The Son (Acts 3:14)
The Holy Spirit (Romans 1:4)
Eternity is ascribed to each of the three persons:
The Father (Psalm 90:2)
The Son (Micah 5:2, John 1:4)
The Holy Spirit (Hebrews 9:14)
Each if the three persons is described as the Truth:
The Father (John 7:28)
The Son (Revelation 3:7)
The Holy Spirit (1 John 5:6)
Each of the three is called Lord (Luke 2:11, Romans 10:12, 2 Corinthians 3:17) Each is called Everlasting (Romans 16:26, Hebrews 9:14, Revelation 22:13) Each is called Almighty (Genesis 17:1, Romans 15:19, Revelation 1:8)
And each is called Powerful (Jeremiah 32:17, Zechariah 4:6, Hebrews 1:3)
Can any one other than God have the Attributes of God?
In addition to having the attributes of deity, each of the three persons were involved in doing the works of deity. For example, all three were involved in the creation of the world:
The Father (Genesis 2:7, Psalm 102:25, 1 Corinthians 8:6)
The Son (John 1:3, Colossians 1;16, Hebrews 1:2)
The Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2, Job 33:4, Psalm 104:30)
They were also involved in the incarnation and resurrection but I won't go into those verses as I think these are good for now.
Also to mention, that the pagans taught the concept of a flood that killed most of humankind and the concept of a messiah like figure named Tammuz who was allegedly resurrected. Are those concepts false just because pagans taught remotely similar accounts?
And if you still don't understand the Trinity, does it mean it's not True? I mean do you think it is possible for human beings to know everything about God? If yes, please explain Isaiah 55:8-9, Romans 11:33, and 1 Corinthians 13:12.
We should not reject a doctrine simply because we cannot fully comprehend it. Especially since it's in the Bible :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
We should not reject a doctrine simply because we cannot fully comprehend it. Especially since it's in the Bible :)

I said
Yes we should. The rules of believing are. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lolo Now your changing your story from before. But lets go with this one. Is one essence in the bible, anywhere?

Yep.

1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yep.

1 John 5:7 Modern English Version (MEV)

7 There are three who testify in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and the three are one.

I said
I don't see the word essence in there anywhere. But lets go with the context of the verse. The Father the word and the Holy Spirit agree as one. That is what Jesus came to teach us that we also agree with them.

I Jn 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
(NKJ)

John 17:22
22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I don't see the word essence in there anywhere. But lets go with the context of the verse. The Father the word and the Holy Spirit agree as one. That is what Jesus came to teach us that we also agree with them.

I Jn 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
(NKJ)

22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
(NKJ)

Well how about that Squeaky, you agree with the trinity.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well how about that Squeaky, you agree with the trinity.

I said
Oh I see. If you can make Jesus into God, then you make yourself a God also. I would say you have an ego problem.

(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Oh I see. If you can make Jesus into God, then you make yourself a God also. I would say you have an ego problem.

(NKJ)

Noooo. I never said that. That is an invention of your overactive imagination.

JFish123

I said

Yes we should. The rules of believing are. Don't think beyond what is written, and don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses.

1 Cor 4:6

6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19

18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;

19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

(NKJ)

But it IS what is written. I gave pretty clear biblical verses. A couple dozen actually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.