Trinity Belief Is A Delusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Early Christians who wrote about the Trinity and the three in one. Proof that it was not invented in the 17th century as heretics would try to deceive us into believing

I said
I agree that deception started in the beginning. But I think we have refuted all the evidence that the trinity has ever came up with. If you have some evidence that we haven't refuted share it. I have been studying the trinity for 40 years. And I have never seen a valid argument for it yet. I have received the revelations of Jesus Christ. I have received over 2000 revelation in the past 25 years. And everyone of them refutes any claim of a trinity doctrine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I agree that deception started in the beginning. But I think we have refuted all the evidence that the trinity has ever came up with. If you have some evidence that we haven't refuted share it. I have been studying the trinity for 40 years. And I have never seen a valid argument for it yet. I have received the revelations of Jesus Christ. I have received over 2000 revelation in the past 25 years. And everyone of them refutes any claim of a trinity doctrine.

Because you have been blinded by the prince of this world. That is who you get your revelations from.

keypurr

Early Christians who wrote about the Trinity and the three in one. Proof that it was not invented in the 17th century as heretics would try to deceive us into believing

Truth can hurt if you believe in fables. This is a debating site, not a boxing ring. Most do not get personal here, just share what we think.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Early Trinitarian quotes from CARM.org

Early Trinitarian Quotes

It took a while for the Christian Church to finally figure out what the Trinity was. But, by God's grace, the Church has defined it. However, some say that the Trinity was never taught until the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. Not so. Following are some samples of quotes taken from early church leaders regarding the plural nature of God.

Polycarp (70-155/160) - Bishop of Smyrna. Disciple of John the Apostle.
"O Lord God almighty...I bless you and glorify you through the eternal and heavenly high priest Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, through whom be glory to you, with Him and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever" (n. 14, ed. Funk; PG 5.1040).

Justin Martyr (100?-165?) - He was a Christian apologist and martyr.
"For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water" (First Apol., LXI).

Ignatius of Antioch (died 98/117) - Bishop of Antioch. He wrote much in defense of Christianity.
"In Christ Jesus our Lord, by whom and with whom be glory and power to the Father with the Holy Spirit for ever" (n. 7; PG 5.988).
"We have also as a Physician the Lord our God Jesus the Christ the only-begotten Son and Word, before time began, but who afterwards became also man, of Mary the virgin. For ‘the Word was made flesh.' Being incorporeal, He was in the body; being impassible, He was in a passable body; being immortal, He was in a mortal body; being life, He became subject to corruption, that He might free our souls from death and corruption, and heal them, and might restore them to health, when they were diseased with ungodliness and wicked lusts." (Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson, eds., The ante-Nicene Fathers, Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1975 rpt., Vol. 1, p. 52, Ephesians 7.)

Irenaeus (115-190) - As a boy, he listened to Polycarp, the disciple of John. He became Bishop of Lyons.
"The Church, though dispersed throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and their disciples this faith: ...one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them; and in one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who became incarnate for our salvation; and in the Holy Spirit, who proclaimed through the prophets the dispensations of God, and the advents, and the birth from a virgin, and the passion, and the resurrection from the dead, and the ascension into heaven in the flesh of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and His manifestation from heaven in the glory of the Father ‘to gather all things in one,' and to raise up anew all flesh of the whole human race, in order that to Christ Jesus, our Lord, and God, and Savior, and King, according to the will of the invisible Father, ‘every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess; to him, and that He should execute just judgment towards all...'" (Against Heresies X.l)

Part of the reason that the Trinity doctrine was not "officially" taught until the time of the Council of Nicea, is because Christianity was illegal until shortly before the council. It wasn't really possible for official Christian groups to meet and discuss doctrine. For the most part, they were fearful of making public pronouncements concerning their faith.
Additionally, if a group had attacked the person of Adam, the early church would have responded with an official doctrine of who Adam was. As it was, the Person of Christ was attacked. When the Church defended the deity of Christ, the doctrine of the Trinity was further defined.
The early Church believed in the Trinity, as is evidenced by the quotes above, and it wasn't necessary to really make them official. It wasn't until errors started to creep in, that councils began to meet to discuss the Trinity, as well as other doctrines that came under fire.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Because you have been blinded by the prince of this world. That is who you get your revelations from.

I said
The prince of this world doesn't quote new testament scriptures. But if you are ever going to make the trinity delusion work. You must refute these verses. One by one.

Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 2:5
5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,
(NKJ)

James 2:19
19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-- and tremble!
(NKJ)

John 17:3
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Early Trinitarian Quotes

It took a while for the Christian Church to finally figure out what the Trinity was. But, by God's grace, the Church has defined it. However, some say that the Trinity was never taught until the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. Not so. Following are some samples of quotes taken from early church leaders regarding the plural nature of God.

"O Lord God almighty...I bless you and glorify you through the eternal and heavenly high priest Jesus Christ, your beloved Son, through whom be glory to you, with Him and the Holy Spirit, both now and forever" (n. 14, ed. Funk; PG 5.1040).

"For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water" (First Apol., LXI).

Ignatius of Antioch (died 98/117) - Bishop of Antioch. He wrote much in defense of Christianity.
"In Christ Jesus our Lord, by whom and with whom be glory and power to the Father with the Holy Spirit for ever" (n. 7; PG 5.988).
"We have also as a Physician the Lord our God Jesus the Christ the only-begotten Son and Word, before time began, but who afterwards became also man, of Mary the virgin. For ‘the Word was made flesh.' Being incorporeal, He was in the body; being impassible, He was in a passable body; being immortal, He was in a mortal body; being life, He became subject to corruption, that He might free our souls from death and corruption, and heal them, and might restore them to health, when they were diseased with ungodliness and wicked lusts." (Alexander Roberts and James Donaldson, eds., The ante-Nicene Fathers, Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1975 rpt., Vol. 1, p. 52, Ephesians 7.)

Irenaeus (115-190) - As a boy, he listened to Polycarp, the disciple of John. He became Bishop of Lyons.
"The Church, though dispersed throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and their disciples this faith: ...one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are in them; and in one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who became incarnate for our salvation; and in the Holy Spirit, who proclaimed through the prophets the dispensations of God, and the advents, and the birth from a virgin, and the passion, and the resurrection from the dead, and the ascension into heaven in the flesh of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and His manifestation from heaven in the glory of the Father ‘to gather all things in one,' and to raise up anew all flesh of the whole human race, in order that to Christ Jesus, our Lord, and God, and Savior, and King, according to the will of the invisible Father, ‘every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess; to him, and that He should execute just judgment towards all...'" (Against Heresies X.l)

Part of the reason that the Trinity doctrine was not "officially" taught until the time of the Council of Nicea, is because Christianity was illegal until shortly before the council. It wasn't really possible for official Christian groups to meet and discuss doctrine. For the most part, they were fearful of making public pronouncements concerning their faith.
Additionally, if a group had attacked the person of Adam, the early church would have responded with an official doctrine of who Adam was. As it was, the Person of Christ was attacked. When the Church defended the deity of Christ, the doctrine of the Trinity was further defined.
The early Church believed in the Trinity, as is evidenced by the quotes above, and it wasn't necessary to really make them official. It wasn't until errors started to creep in, that councils began to meet to discuss the Trinity, as well as other doctrines that came under fire.

I said
Raven don't bring me an idiots list. Bring me scripture. Its obvious that your faith is in human wisdom and not in scripture.

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

Last edited:

keypurr

Early Trinitarian Quotes

Read them again BR. They only call the Father God. I do not see the words God the Son or God the Holy Spirit. Your misunderstanding what they wrote.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Read them again BR. They only call the Father God. I do not see the words God the Son or God the Holy Spirit. Your misunderstanding what they wrote.

Yep.

There is not even a hint of trinity in those writings.

He misunderstands scripture the same way.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If it isn't accepted why wasn't it removed.

I said
You know there has been deceivers around sense the beginning. The blind leading the blind.

Luke 6:39
39 And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
(NKJ)

Matt 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(NKJ)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
A Greek language professional. Greek was the language the New Testament was written in.

Try to learn what this means young feller, afore yuh go disputin' with yer elders in Christ.

John 5:43 KJV

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive .

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A Greek language professional. Greek was the language the New Testament was written in.

I said
I had a dictionary, now you had a dictionary. So
That is why I thank God for the revelations of Jesus Christ. They go much deeper than any dictionary.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
what's YOUR point of these scriptures ? what are you saying exactly ? :think:

He asked in regards to this post of yers.

Originally Posted by Bright Raven
That is not what the scripture says. This is what it says;

John 17:4-5 Modern English Version (MEV)

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work You have given Me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify Me in Your own presence with the glory which I had with You before the world existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.