To teach that people are born in sin is to teach against what Jesus taught

glorydaz

Apparently glorydaz also believes that God, through Christ, is NOT the ONLY Savior of all men since there is no ONLY in the verse:

KJV 1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe

I wonder, does she have another saviour in mind?

APPARENTLY, you need to stop guessing. :chuckle:

ALL MEN? And what does that tell you?

I don't have to add or subtract words from the Holy Scripture to find the TRUTH.

I just have to be willing to look.

And when I do look, I find even more than what I might expect to find. Which is why you cannot ever add to the word of God, and you should be called on it every single time you do such.

So, when you read these verses and the verse you offered, you find out something amazing. Something you would not find by adding your own words to what is written.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.​

TA DA :banana:

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:​

Samie

Oh good, glorydaz.

So then, you did use other verses.

So why is it that when I used other verses to prove that Christ is the ONLY Source of power, being the power of God, why do you complain because there is no ONLY in the initial verse I used?

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

KJV Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

If Christ was given all power in heaven and in earth, why would He not be the ONLY source of power?

Are you now throwing in the towel, sister?

Epoisses

Poor Samie has to beat this horse to death. We are all born sinners Samie and we don't get connected to Christ until we come to genuine repentance and are converted. The Holy Spirit convicts all men of sin so we are not left adrift like you suppose. Some men hear the Spirit and surrender to Christ but the majority resist and rebel and go down the broad path to destruction.

Samie

Epoises;

Unless you directly address the issue raised in the OP using Scriptures, your objection is nothing.

DAN P

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Hi and BR has answered your post in Rom 3:23 , and reads , For all have SINNED and are FALLING short of the glort of God 11

Rom 5;12 SAYS , For this reason , just as by one man sin entered into the world and death by sin , so also feath passed through ALL MEN , because all have sinned !!

SO your PREMISE IS WRONG !!

dan p

Last edited:

Epoisses

Epoises;

Unless you directly address the issue raised in the OP using Scriptures, your objection is nothing.

Your dead horse that you prance about over and over and over is nothing. Christ the great physician has nothing for you if you're not a sinner. The church is a hospital for sick people. Sinners go there to hear the good news and get cured of sin but all they hear today is slick song and dance numbers from false teachers like Samie.

glorydaz

Poor Samie has to beat this horse to death. We are all born sinners Samie and we don't get connected to Christ until we come to genuine repentance and are converted. The Holy Spirit convicts all men of sin so we are not left adrift like you suppose. Some men hear the Spirit and surrender to Christ but the majority resist and rebel and go down the broad path to destruction.

Are they forced to surrender, or do they choose to surrender?

Samie

Your dead horse that you prance about over and over and over is nothing. Christ the great physician has nothing for you if you're not a sinner. The church is a hospital for sick people.
You're barking up the wrong tree.

Sinners go there to hear the good news and get cured of sin but all they hear today is slick song and dance numbers from false teachers like Samie.
No need for ad-hominems, is there?

Just directly address the issue raised in the OP. It appears you can't.

glorydaz

Oh good, glorydaz.

So then, you did use other verses.

So why is it that when I used other verses to prove that Christ is the ONLY Source of power, being the power of God, why do you complain because there is no ONLY in the initial verse I used?

KJV 1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

KJV Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

If Christ was given all power in heaven and in earth, why would He not be the ONLY source of power?

Are you now throwing in the towel, sister?

LOL Let's try this....

A King can have the authority (power) to declare war.

But it is the army who has the ability (power) to conduct that war on his behalf.​

Back to school with you, Samie. ;)

Christ Jesus has deemed the Gospel has the POWER to conduct His work of Salvation.

The Gospel is God's FIGHTING FORCE through which men can be saved. :salute:

Samie

LOL Let's try this....

A King can have the authority (power) to declare war.

But it is the army who has the ability (power) to conduct that war on his behalf.​

Back to school with you, Samie. ;)

Christ Jesus has deemed the Gospel has the POWER to conduct His work of Salvation.

The Gospel is God's FIGHTING FORCE through which men can be saved. :salute:
The army goes to war for the King it is CONNECTED to. Same with preachers. Their King is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. They are CONNECTED TO or PLUGGED IN to Him.

But back to my question, glorydaz:

Why would Christ NOT be the source of all power when He was given all power in heaven and in earth?

glorydaz

The army goes to war for the King it is CONNECTED to. Same with preachers. Their King is the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. They are CONNECTED TO or PLUGGED IN to Him.

That stubborn streak keeps you from hearing what is written, and that is why you allow yourself to used words like "connected to" or "plugged in". You cannot rewrite the Bible.

The army isn't connected to the King...nor are they plugged into him.

The King authorizes them to use THEIR POWER to perform what he sends them to perform.

Samie

That stubborn streak keeps you from hearing what is written, and that is why you allow yourself to used words like "connected to" or "plugged in". You cannot rewrite the Bible.

The army isn't connected to the King...nor are they plugged into him.

The King authorizes them to use THEIR POWER to perform what he sends them to perform.
So you want the army to work for the king they aren't connected to? Too bad.

But back to my question, glorydaz:

Why would Christ NOT be the source of all power when He was given all power in heaven and in earth?