Thoughts about why identify as Jewish.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What would lead you to believe it was?

Paul said the law was added to God's covenant because of transgressions until the Seed should come to whom the promise was made. (Galatians 3:19)

The Seed, which is Christ, has come.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul said the law was added to God's covenant because of transgressions until the Seed should come to whom the promise was made. (Galatians 3:19)

The Seed, which is Christ, has come.
That makes sense. Paul makes sense I mean. But I don't understand why anyone would think the Law is temporary.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because the Jews are no longer under a tutor. (Galatians 3:24-25 NKJV)
Is the "our" talking about the Jews or believers when they come to Christ?

The Law is a tutor that leads people to Christ. But that is not exactly what the verse says.

When the Law was given was there any indication that it was temporary? If not, why should we think it was temporary.

People are still being led to Christ. And even by the Law.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thoughts about why identify as Jewish.
Thoughts about why we don't

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thoughts about why we don't

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
No one has to identify as Jewish. If a person is not Jewish there is no reason they need to become Jewish. Salvation is not based on whether a person is Jewish or not. It's not about the benefits of being Jewish. It's about doing what God has called you to do. And he has likely not called you to be Jewish, from what you are saying.

chair

Earth to Christians!
Judaism is the religion of a people, a nation, called "the Jews". It is not a universal religion like Christianity claims to be. You cannot become "a believer in Judaism"- if you "convert" you will join the Jewish nation. Our law is not meant to provide Christian salvation to anybody, and never was.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Earth to Christians!
Judaism is the religion of a people, a nation, called "the Jews". It is not a universal religion like Christianity claims to be. You cannot become "a believer in Judaism"- if you "convert" you will join the Jewish nation. Our law is not meant to provide Christian salvation to anybody, and never was.
Amen! To be Jewish and a believer is also not wrong. It's not about believing in Judaism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sure it's wrong. It is a way of assimilating with an outside world.
You and I both believe in God. We actually believe in the only true God. The God of the Bible is the God of the Jew and the God of the Gentiles. Believing in any other god is idolatry. According to the law it carries the death penalty. So people who worship a false god need to repent and cry out to the one true God for salvation, else they will be lost as a consequence for their sin, whatever their sin is (idolatry is not the only sin, but any sin may be evidence of idolatry or related to it). The Law tells us what is right and what is wrong. It can convict the Jew if he leaves the truth, and it can convict the Gentile even if they do not know any Jews.

chair

You and I both believe in God. We actually believe in the only true God. The God of the Bible is the God of the Jew and the God of the Gentiles. Believing in any other god is idolatry. According to the law it carries the death penalty. So people who worship a false god need to repent and cry out to the one true God for salvation, else they will be lost as a consequence for their sin, whatever their sin is (idolatry is not the only sin, but any sin may be evidence of idolatry or related to it). The Law tells us what is right and what is wrong. It can convict the Jew if he leaves the truth, and it can convict the Gentile even if they do not know any Jews.

You are taking your Christian ideas and projecting them onto the Jews.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No one has to identify as Jewish. If a person is not Jewish there is no reason they need to become Jewish. Salvation is not based on whether a person is Jewish or not.
No one today is (Hosea 1:9 KJV)
It's not about the benefits of being Jewish.
Galatians 5:2 KJV
It's about doing what God has called you to do.
God is calling all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The saved are called to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called/endevouring to keep the unity of the faith (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) and it has NOTHING to do with being Jewish or doing Jewish things (Galatians 2:18-21 KJV, Colossians 2:21-22 KJV)!
And he has likely not called you to be Jewish, from what you are saying.
Nor you!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are taking your Christian ideas and projecting them onto the Jews.
No. I love all Jews. My Messiah was a Jew. I practice Judaism because I want to, not because I have been forced to. Salvation is not by works but by God's grace. It is because of God's loving me and choosing me that I have come to love Him. He demands my perfection. But He provides me with salvation and the way to live and walk it out.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No one today is (Hosea 1:9 KJV) Galatians 5:2 KJVGod is calling all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The saved are called to walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called/endevouring to keep the unity of the faith (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) and it has NOTHING to do with being Jewish or doing Jewish things (Galatians 2:18-21 KJV, Colossians 2:21-22 KJV)!
Nor you!
I think you are wrong on two counts. One, you say no one is a Jew. Two, you say I was not called to be a Jew. To be Jewish or be doing Jewish things. I continue to learn about my Messiah from the Law that I was not exposed to as a child.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I think you are wrong on two counts. One, you say no one is a Jew.
Romans 11:32 KJV
Two, you say I was not called to be a Jew.
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
To be Jewish or be doing Jewish things. I continue to learn about my Messiah from the Law that I was not exposed to as a child.
Our teacher is the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 2:12-13 KJV) and the grace of God (Titus 2:11 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber

I just showed you how you are wrong. You can't be identified as a Jew as they were all concluded in unbelief! Those who are saved are not identified as Jews but a new creature. You're wrong again. The law is not our teacher, but the Holy Ghost and the grace of GOD. You are wrong on all counts and showing yourself to be just another "Jewish" wannabe.