Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did not say that. You are telling me what my reality is and I do not accept your words.

No one should sin so no one should sin in the flesh. You say I do, but are you able to say I sin and point out what my sin is? If you are going to accuse me of sin you need to say what the sin is. Otherwise I am blameless in what you accuse me of. If you can point out sin in my life, or anyone's life, the proper response is repentance. If you have sin in your life you should repent.
Got it!
You no longer need the blood of Christ because you no longer EVER sin in the flesh.
Even the apostle Paul did not claim he no longer sinned in the flesh, but said he did still sin in the flesh.
Congrats, your are better than Paul (in your own mind)!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB - 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 NASB - 12 "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good?

Deuteronomy 11:13-15 NASB - 13 "It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, 14 that He will give the rain for your land in its season, the early and late rain, that you may gather in your grain and your new wine and your oil. 15 "He will give grass in your fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 NASB - 1 "If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NASB - 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Matthew 22:37 NASB - 37 And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:28-30 NASB - 28 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" 29 Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; 30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - 25 And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 26 And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" 27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 28 And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."

All these will bring a curse upon you, just as it did the Jews when they disobeyed so will it you when you disobey.

If you could do them and live it would be fine....but nobody ever has.

beloved57

The very fact that our only confidence is that HE obeyed on our behalf is PROOF that as individuals we have failed to obey even the least of His commands.

To preach obedience to commandments as Jacob does is actually disobedience in itself, Paul says it is an accursed gospel.
You believe that Christ obeyed on behalf of all men without exception don't you?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
All these will bring a curse upon you, just as it did the Jews when they disobeyed so will it you when you disobey.

God wants you to obey His commands. No one, you included, should disobey God's commands. Obeying God's commands brings blessing, not a curse.

God's Truth

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Jesus obeyed and that is why we have someone to go through to be reconciled to God.

Jesus says he obeyed and that we are to obey too.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Got it!
You no longer need the blood of Christ because you no longer EVER sin in the flesh.
Even the apostle Paul did not claim he no longer sinned in the flesh, but said he did still sin in the flesh.
Congrats, your are better than Paul (in your own mind)!

Jesus died once, and He is never to die again. If you have faith in God you are saved (forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life) by the blood of Jesus.

God's Truth

Jesus doesn't tell us we will be cursed if we obey him.

Jesus says WE ARE BLESSED IF WE OBEY.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

This scripture refutes faith alone:

Deuteronomy 29:19 When such a person hears the words of this oath and they invoke a blessing on themselves, thinking, "I will be safe, even though I persist in going my own way," they will bring disaster on the watered land as well as the dry.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God wants you to obey His commands. No one, you included, should disobey God's commands. Obeying God's commands brings blessing, not a curse.

And disobeying brings a curse...you disobey, you do not love the Lord thy God as you should.

God's Truth

You say it is not free...we have to obey the commands too...just like those false apostles in Galatia

The Galatians were talked into doing the old purification works...observing special days and getting circumcised in the flesh. Those were WORKS the Jews used to have to do to clean themselves. Paul was explaining that no one has to do THOSE works anymore because Jesus' blood cleans us.

Paul never rebuked anyone for obeying Jesus. What you have been convinced of by false teachers is not the truth.

Show one scripture where Paul, or anyone was rebuked for obeying.

beloved57

Jesus died once, and He is never to die again. If you have faith in God you are saved (forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life) by the blood of Jesus.

Are those Christ Lived and died for forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life while they are unbelievers and enemies ? Are they granted eternal life and forgiveness based soley upon His Blood and Obedience apart from their faith, and while they are unbelievers ? Yes or No

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And disobeying brings a curse...you disobey, you do not love the Lord thy God as you should.
Again, saying a person should and saying they cannot are two different things. I think you are either confused or believe you are talking about the unbeliever while you actually obey God yourself... but you have not stated that you do.

beloved57

The Galatians were talked into doing the old purification works...observing special days and getting circumcised in the flesh. Those were WORKS the Jews used to have to do to clean themselves. Paul was explaining that no one has to do THOSE works anymore because Jesus' blood cleans us.

Paul never rebuked anyone for obeying Jesus. What you have been convinced of by false teachers is not the truth.

Show one scripture where Paul, or anyone was rebuked for obeying.

The Jesus I served, I was made Righteous by His One Obedience Rom 5:19, I did not obey God or Jesus !

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are those Christ Lived and died for forgiven and granted the free gift of eternal life while they are unbelievers and enemies ? Are they granted eternal life and forgiveness based soley upon His Blood and Obedience apart from their faith, and while they are unbelievers ? Yes or No

No. Only those who repent and believe the gospel are saved.

God's Truth

The Jesus I served, I was made Righteous by His One Obedience Rom 5:19, I did not obey God or Jesus !

You did not obey God or Jesus, you say, and for this you are proud?

Tell me, when did Jesus' words become dead words?

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

How did you enter if you did not obey?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, saying a person should and saying they cannot are two different things. I think you are either confused or believe you are talking about the unbeliever while you actually obey God yourself... but you have not stated that you do.
I'll state it, just as Paul did.
I still sin in the flesh.
Lucky for me, it is the obedience and righteousness of one that I rely on for my salvation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'll state it, just as Paul did.
I still sin in the flesh.
Lucky for me, it is the obedience and righteousness of one that I rely on for my salvation.
Romans 8:3 NASB - 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.
But just as Paul, my flesh body still sins,