Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

God's Truth

Bs"d

There is a lot more that refutes faith alone, even from the NT:

"What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also."

James 2

You are right about that, faith alone is DEAD and CANNOT save anyone.

Do not listen to Christians who preach such nonsense as faith alone; not all Christians are ensnared in that falseness.

However, you know you do not obey Moses.

You can obey everything that Moses says if you believe and obey what the Holy Bible says about Jesus.

Jesus is the Lamb who had his blood shed for the atonement of sins.

Obeying Jesus takes away the sins you repent of doing, and you do not have to go to a tent, or temple to be near God's Spirit, because YOU WILL BECOME THE TEMPLE OF GOD's SPIRIT.

Elia

They transgress God's law, and so do you, if you do not believe in the New Covenant of Jesus' blood.

Bs"d

There is no new covenant:

Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that God will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith Y-H-W-H, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith Y-H-W-H. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith Y-H-W-H, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there God, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know Y-H-W-H, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith Y-H-W-H, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about Y-H-W-H? That nobody has to teach his neighbor about God?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Again, you are disobeying. Come to God through Jesus and you will obey everything that God says.

Bs"d

Nobody can come to God through a human. You want to go to God, go directly to Him.

Not through an idol .

And there is no Christian who obeys what God says, so that too is nonsense.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Epoisses

The law that said to do various external washings---that was a teaching tool, a shadow of what was coming. It is about Jesus. Jesus washes us once and for all.

The law that said to observe special days---that was a teaching tool, a shadow of Jesus. All those special days are about Jesus. We observe Jesus all day every day. Observing special days is now worthless.

The law that said to sacrifice animals, to use their blood---that was a teaching tool about Jesus. Jesus is the Lamb of God and Jesus' blood takes away sins once and for all.

Jesus came; he circumcises our hearts with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus fulfilled the law. The whole law was about him. Since we have salvation through Jesus, it is a greater salvation. Is it greater to observe the Son of God instead of special days? Is it better to be cleaned by the blood of God than by animals? Is it better to be circumcised in the heart by the Holy Spirit, than with a physical circumcision done by the hands of men

You're post was good until here then you threw Jesus away so I could hear about your carnal obedience.

God's Truth

Bs"d

There is no new covenant:

Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that God will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus. Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith Y-H-W-H, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith Y-H-W-H. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith Y-H-W-H, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there God, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know Y-H-W-H, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith Y-H-W-H, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about Y-H-W-H? That nobody has to teach his neighbor about God?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"

The New Covenant came with Jesus and his shed blood on the cross. It is the blood Covenant, and you are missing it, just as many other do, Jew and Gentile miss it.

Those who think Paul taught something different miss it, and all those who reject Christ miss it.

God's Truth

Bs"d

Nobody can come to God through a human. You want to go to God, go directly to Him.

Not through an idol .

And there is no Christian who obeys what God says, so that too is nonsense.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”

Joshua 24:14-15

Then where is your tent or temple? Where is your blood offering? You are not obeying, nor has any so called Jewish person who rejects Jesus.

God's Truth

You're post was good until here then you threw Jesus away so I could hear about your carnal obedience.

You call what is good 'evil'. It will not go well for you.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Epoisses

You call what is good 'evil'. It will not go well for you.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees of the 21st century who try and make your sinful flesh holy.

beloved57

You did not obey God or Jesus, you say, and for this you are proud?

Tell me, when did Jesus' words become dead words?

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

How did you enter if you did not obey?

We dont serve the same Jesus Christ. The One I serve, I did nothing to become Righteous before God, He did everything, and by what He did, I was made Righteous Rom 5:19 !

Elia

The law that said to do various external washings---that was a teaching tool, a shadow of what was coming. It is about Jesus. Jesus washes us once and for all.

Bs"d

That is not what your messiah said. He said: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

Why don't you listen to what your messiah says?

Elia

Then where is your tent or temple? Where is your blood offering? You are not obeying, nor has any so called Jewish person who rejects Jesus.

Bs"d

God instructed us to reject and even execute false prophets, and people who came to bring a new god, that nobody ever knew before, another God than Y-H-W-H.

Also, you messiah didn't fulfil the messianic prophecies.

For all these reasons your messiah is rejected.

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which Y-H-W-H has not spoken?’— 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of Y-H-W-H, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which Y-H-W-H has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him."
Deut 18

If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for Y-H-W-H your God is testing you to know whether you love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after Y-H-W-H your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which Y-H-W-H your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

If anyone secretly entices you—even if it is your brother, your father’s son or your mother’s son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend—saying, “Let us go worship other gods,” whom neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 any of the gods of the peoples that are around you, whether near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other, 8 you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. 9 But you shall surely kill them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11 Then all Israel shall hear and be afraid, and never again do any such wickedness.
"
Deut 13

God's Truth

Bs"d

That is not what your messiah said. He said: “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5

Why don't you listen to what your messiah says?

You have to think about it harder because I already explained how the various washings for the purification works were a teaching tool about Jesus who was coming.

Jesus came and we get cleaned by him. That is about fulfilling the old law, just by Jesus coming and obeying God.

Elia

You have to think about it harder because I already explained how the various washings for the purification works were a teaching tool about Jesus who was coming.

Bs"d

What you are trying to explain is totally irrelevant. The washings are the law.

He said he didn't come to abolish the law, and that the law stands forever.

That's all we need to know.

You messiah says obey the law. You say: Throw the law overboard. Why do you go against your messiah?

beameup

Bs"d

What you are trying to explain is totally irrelevant. The washings are the law.

He said he didn't come to abolish the law, and that the law stands forever.

That's all we need to know.

You messiah says obey the law. You say: Throw the law overboard. Why do you go against your messiah?

The "problem" was not with the Law of Moses, the "problem" is with your endless "oral traditions" which he rightly called the "traditions of men".
BTW, do you have 2 refrigerators - one for "dairy products"?

Epoisses

Bs"d

That's what the text says which he himself brings: "For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous."

LOL, the gospel rejector knows more than God's truth. for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. Luke 16:8

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I propose several questions:

1. What are the books of Galatians, Hebrews and Corinthians speaking of when they name 2 covenants?

2. When Jesus walked amongst us in flesh, what words followed His Commands? In other words, what did He specifically Command?

3. Why does Judaism, the origin of the 66 books we read today, understand the Torah to consist of at least 613 commands, while Christianity cherry picks portions of the 10 and portions of the Torah?

4. Is there a difference between Moses' Laws and God's Laws according to Jesus and the writings of Paul?

5. Where does Hebrews 8 and 9, when read in context place the Covenant of Stone?

6. What does this mean?

2nd Corinthians

7 Now if the ministry of death , chiseled in letters on stones , came with glory , so that the Israelites were not able to look directly at Moses’ face because of the glory from his face — a fading glory — 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious ? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory , the ministry of righteousness overflows with even more glory . 10 In fact , what had been glorious is not glorious now by comparison because of the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if what was fading away was glorious , what endures will be even more glorious . 12 Therefore , having such a hope , we use great boldness . 13 We are not like Moses , who used to put a veil over his face so that the Israelites could not stare at the the end of what was fading away , 14 but their minds were closed . , For to this day , at the reading of the old covenant , the same veil remains ; it is not lifted , because it is set aside only in Christ . 15 Even to this day , whenever Moses is read , a veil lies over their hearts , 16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord , the veil is removed . 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit , and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom . 18 We all , with unveiled faces , are looking as in a mirror at , the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory ; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit . ...........

Sent from my iPad using TOL