Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Anybody can say they obey the command to love the Lord God with all their heart, soul and mind...Christians will know that it is a lie.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Correct.
But you still sin in the flesh.
Now what?
I did not say that. You are telling me what my reality is and I do not accept your words.

No one should sin so no one should sin in the flesh. You say I do, but are you able to say I sin and point out what my sin is? If you are going to accuse me of sin you need to say what the sin is. Otherwise I am blameless in what you accuse me of. If you can point out sin in my life, or anyone's life, the proper response is repentance. If you have sin in your life you should repent.

beloved57

You asked two different questions. With the last question you implied I had not answered you.

No they are not, they are the same question. In post # 62 in which in post # 63 you said no, the question was this:

Look, did Jesus Christ obey the law of God for everyone without exception? Yes or no.

Now in post 67 I asked you once again:

This is the last time I am going to ask you, do you believe that Jesus Christ obeyed the law of God perfectly for all without exception? Yes or no.

In post 71 you answered :

Yes. First though He obeyed the Law of God.

So now you are guilty of inconsistency and dishonesty !

beloved57

Anybody can say they obey the command to love the Lord God with all their heart, soul and mind...Christians will know that it is a lie.

I do, through the imputation of Christ's Obedience to Gods Law for me. Now did He obey the command to love the Lord God with all His Heart, Soul and Mind ?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Christians obey God and Jesus.

People as say they are Christians but who are not say they do, they will be found out...they will come saying
"Lord did we not do this and did we not do that? did we not obey thy commands?"

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am not speaking for him.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

The very fact that our only confidence is that HE obeyed on our behalf is PROOF that as individuals we have failed to obey even the least of His commands.

To preach obedience to commandments as Jacob does is actually disobedience in itself, Paul says it is an accursed gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
People as say they are Christians but who are not say they do, they will be found out...they will come saying
"Lord did we not do this and did we not do that? did we not obey thy commands?"
Are you familiar with the following?

Luke 17
1 He said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks come, but woe to him through whom they come!
2 “It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.
3 “Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
4 “And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”
6 And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and be planted in the sea’; and it would obey you.
7 “Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come immediately and sit down to eat’?
8 “But will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’?
9 “He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?
10 “So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You are the man

You are casting stumbling blocks in front of people, they are looking to be saved and you say "you must obey God's commands"

They are more honest than you, they know they are unable.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are the man

You are casting stumbling blocks in front of people, they are looking to be saved and you say "you must obey God's commands"

They are more honest than you, they know they are unable.

I posted this so that you would see verse 10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Deuteronomy 6:5 NASB - 5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 NASB - 12 "Now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require from you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and love Him, and to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, 13 and to keep the LORD'S commandments and His statutes which I am commanding you today for your good?

Deuteronomy 11:13-15 NASB - 13 "It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, 14 that He will give the rain for your land in its season, the early and late rain, that you may gather in your grain and your new wine and your oil. 15 "He will give grass in your fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 NASB - 1 "If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 and the sign or the wonder comes true, concerning which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods (whom you have not known) and let us serve them,' 3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God is testing you to find out if you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 30:6 NASB - 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Matthew 22:37 NASB - 37 And He said to him, "'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:28-30 NASB - 28 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" 29 Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD; 30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:25-28 NASB - 25 And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 26 And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?" 27 And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 28 And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."