Thinking and reflecting on obeying God's commands.

beloved57

Don't tell me I said something I didn't say, step to a question by extension from what you are thinking and then tell me to answer your question.

If you are saved, obey God... period.
Answer the question yes or no!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

beloved57

jacob said earlier

I know Jesus obeyed God's commands without error. He did this for you and for me.

Now jacob please explain what you mean by this comment YOU Made. Do you mean that you and i are the only two people Christ did this for ? Yes or no ? Or can i assume you meant that He did this for everyone without exception? You need to explain !

marhig

Why would anyone ever experience the second death if they were saved by Jesus Christ obeying the law of God for them perfectly? That means God does not charge them with sin and death.

Do you mean that you believe that you don't have to obey God, because Christ obeyed him for you. What do you mean by that? I'm a bit confused. It clearly says in the Bible that we must obey God also.

beloved57

Do you mean that you believe that you don't have to obey God, because Christ obeyed him for you. What do you mean by that? I'm a bit confused. It clearly says in the Bible that we must obey God also.

First of all, do you believe that Jesus Christ obeyed Gods Law for sinners ? Yes or No. And if He did, what was the ramifications of that ?

marhig

jacob said earlier

Now jacob please explain what you mean by this comment YOU Made. Do you mean that you and i are the only two people Christ did this for ? Yes or no ? Or can i assume you meant that He did this for everyone without exception? You need to explain !
He did do it for everyone, to show us the way. He came as a perfect example for us to follow and he said follow me. We are to obey God also and lay down our lives as Jesus did, doing Gods will and not our own. If we love God, we'll obey God.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Will you lie as with a brazen face? you are saying that you do not find it difficult to love the Lord thy God with all your heart, soul and mind and that you love your neighbour as you love yourself.

I say it is not just difficult but impossible.

marhig

marhig

Please provide scripture that states that !

We must deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus, he is the way and must follow him. He is the truth.

1 Peter 2

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps

1 Peter 4

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

2 Timothy 2

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us

Denial isn't only not believing, denial is when you know it's right to do and you do it not. It's the doers of the word that are justified, not the hearers only.

We must be put to death in the flesh and live by the spirit. We must die daily and live in God, of we die to the flesh then we live. And Jesus is the way.

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

We must decrease so Christ can increase, we must die so Christ can live in us.

beloved57

We must deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow Jesus, he is the way and must follow him. He is the truth.

1 Peter 2

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps

1 Peter 4

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin

2 Timothy 2

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us

Denial isn't only not believing, denial is when you know it's right to do and you do it not. It's the doers of the word that are justified, not the hearers only.

We must be put to death in the flesh and live by the spirit. We must die daily and live in God, of we die to the flesh then we live. And Jesus is the way.

Romans 6

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

We must decrease so Christ can increase, we must die so Christ can live in us.
None of those scriptures say that.

marhig

None of those scriptures say that.

I'm just on my way out, I will answer any more later, but I'm afraid that Jesus hasn't done it all for us, we must obey God. We must deny ourselves, Jesus told you to in the scriptures. What do you think it means when Jesus said he is the way?

beloved57

I'm just on my way out, I will answer any more later, but I'm afraid that Jesus hasn't done it all for us, we must obey God. We must deny ourselves, Jesus told you to in the scriptures. What do you think it means when Jesus said he is the way?
So far your comment is invalid. And I know nothing of the Jesus you speak of.

marhig

I don't know your jesus and you don't know mine.

We're not to be just hearers, it's not a nice rosey bed that Jesus has made for you, it's a narrow way and there are only few that find it. We must live it out and be doers of the word.

Matthew 16

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any*man*will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 10

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

If we come after him we must deny ourselves and take up our cross and by doing this we follow him.

beloved57

We're not to be just hearers, it's not a nice rosey bed that Jesus has made for you, it's a narrow way and there are only few that find it. We must live it out and be doers of the word.

Matthew 16

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any*man*will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 10

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

If we come after him we must deny ourselves and take up our cross and by doing this we follow him.
I know nothing of your worthless jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
jacob said earlier

No. I mean I am discussing this with you, that I believe I am saved and that I believe you believe you are saved. You are saved by what Jesus did for you, as I am saved by what Jesus did for me. What Jesus did for you and for me is obey God, dying on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins. What I am saying is that if you believe you are saved then you are probably not an exception. Not all people are saved. You find difficulty that any would experience the second death, the lake of fire. But that is what I believe scripture reveals. You need to accept all of scripture. I have provided you with this answer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Will you lie as with a brazen face? you are saying that you do not find it difficult to love the Lord thy God with all your heart, soul and mind and that you love your neighbour as you love yourself.

I say it is not just difficult but impossible.

It is not impossible to obey God. Read what scripture says about this.

beloved57

No. I mean I am discussing this with you, that I believe I am saved and that I believe you believe you are saved. You are saved by what Jesus did for you, as I am saved by what Jesus did for me. What Jesus did for you and for me is obey God, dying on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins. What I am saying is that if you believe you are saved then you are probably not an exception. Not all people are saved. You find difficulty that any would experience the second death, the lake of fire. But that is what I believe scripture reveals. You need to accept all of scripture. I have provided you with this answer.
Did Jesus Christ obey the law of God for everyone without exception? Yes or no? I say NO, what say you?