The Word Made Flesh

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Your shying away from the answer BR. A copy is never the original. Christ is a copy, not God.

Jesus Christ is the captain of our salvation and we are all copies. None of us are the Most High.

Your statement is inane.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is our mediator between us and God, therefore he is not God.

Nathanael said, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!" (John 1:49)

Jesus did not dispute Nathanael's claim so it stands.

Paul said, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever." (1 Timothy 1:17)

Ben Masada

If Jesus died then he is not God for God can not die.

I agree with you Keypurr. But then, when did he die? No one knows; probably when his time arrived for that. BTW, do you remember when Joseph of Arimathea was trying to bring Jesus down the cross, he found out Jesus was still alive. He laid him in his tomb for an hour or two and went back for Nicodemus and brought him along to help him remove Jesus from his tomb into another place where they could mend his wounds. Hence, Nicodemus had brought about 100 pounds of medication for that purpose. (John 19:39) Then, after 40 days with his disciples for some instructions about the Sect of the Nazarenes, they had to leave the Land: Jesus, Joseph and Mary Magdalene. Otherwise, if Pilate found out how badly he had been cheated by Joseph, he would not only rearrest Jesus but also Joseph of Arimathea back to the cross.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
BTW, do you remember when Joseph of Arimathea was trying to bring Jesus down the cross, he found out Jesus was still alive.

Big wheel keep on turnin'
Proud Mary keep on burnin'
Trollin', trollin', trollin' on the river

keypurr

I agree with you Keypurr. But then, when did he die? No one knows; probably when his time arrived for that. BTW, do you remember when Joseph of Arimathea was trying to bring Jesus down the cross, he found out Jesus was still alive. He laid him in his tomb for an hour or two and went back for Nicodemus and brought him along to help him remove Jesus from his tomb into another place where they could mend his wounds. Hence, Nicodemus had brought about 100 pounds of medication for that purpose. (John 19:39) Then, after 40 days with his disciples for some instructions about the Sect of the Nazarenes, they had to leave the Land: Jesus, Joseph and Mary Magdalene. Otherwise, if Pilate found out how badly he had been cheated by Joseph, he would not only rearrest Jesus but also Joseph of Arimathea back to the cross.
Ben you know that Joe did not find Jesus alive. Wishful thing on your part.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

You did not answer the question? Did you ever believe that He was God?

I started to question that when I was about 20. I believed about another five years. But then I was really deep in my studies and I could see no reason to continue believing in something that is not in the scriptures. I got involved in the church to see it could enlighten me as to their doctrine more, even became a board member, three nights a week I spent with this and that at the church. I only got further away from what they called truth. For my wife's sake I stayed a few more years but I just could not do it any more. I had to leave. She stayed, she was a charter member.

But I left with mixed feelings, I love the folks but I could no longer comit myself to their faith. In the process I lost some friends and family. I was not easy to be myself. The price was high. But I put the Lord first and did what I believed he wanted me to do.

BR, Only God the Father is greater than our Lord Jesus Christ. We agree that he is high on the Holy ladder. We just see him from a different side friend. I see one most high God, the ONLY true God and one Lord, his son, the spirit son who dwelled in God's flesh son. The first of all creation who was given the fullness of his Father.

keypurr

John 2:19 Mark 14:58 The Lord Jesus Christ Galatians 1:1 Ephesians 1:17 The Father Romans 8:11 the Spirit

Just a thought to consider:
When we have conflicting verses we need to decide which is correct. Logic tells me that if Christ was really dead, and I think he was, his thoughts perished and he could not raise himself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I started to question that when I was about 20. I believed about another five years. But then I was really deep in my studies and I could see no reason to continue believing in something that is not in the scriptures. I got involved in the church to see it could enlighten me as to their doctrine more, even became a board member, three nights a week I spent with this and that at the church. I only got further away from what they called truth. For my wife's sake I stayed a few more years but I just could not do it any more. I had to leave. She stayed, she was a charter member.

But I left with mixed feelings, I love the folks but I could no longer comit myself to their faith. In the process I lost some friends and family. I was not easy to be myself. The price was high. But I put the Lord first and did what I believed he wanted me to do.

BR, Only God the Father is greater than our Lord Jesus Christ. We agree that he is high on the Holy ladder. We just see him from a different side friend. I see one most high God, the ONLY true God and one Lord, his son, the spirit son who dwelled in God's flesh son. The first of all creation who was given the fullness of his Father.

So then from my perspective, you knew the truth and left it for a lie. Would that be correct form the way I believe? You know what Keypurr? I believe in eternal security. Once you are saved, nothing can take you out of that relationship. You see, my relationship is with Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And no one can take away the relationship I have with Him through grace. Does that make sense to you?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just a thought to consider:
When we have conflicting verses we need to decide which is correct. Logic tells me that if Christ was really dead, and I think he was, his thoughts perished and he could not raise himself.
What do you do with the verses that say He could. Did He not say that He would rebuild the temple of His body in three days?

Reactions: Lon

keypurr

:duh: :crackup:

Prove that the statement is wrong if you can.

Christ is a copy of the Father, that does not make him the Father. That does not make him God either. He is said to be a FORM of God, not God. Being a copy tells you he is created, a creature.

keypurr

What do you do with the verses that say He could. Did He not say that He would rebuild the temple of His body in three days?

Same thing you do with them, study then pick which one makes the most sense. Prove all things BR. Got to go to bed now, I am driving the old folks at the Senior Center around in the morning.

Catch ya later.