chrysostom

Hall of Fame
before you look to the future
-look at the past
-history is the key to open the door to understanding
-there was a christian empire that lasted 1000 years
-how can you ignore it?

iamaberean

As soon as the Lord Jesus returns to the earth then He will sit upon His throne and begin to reign:

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

What you are saying is that the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah and their dead have not been resurrected. That is not only Unjewish it is Unchristian and is ludicrous.

1. Jesus said he would return in judgment in the disciples generation.

2. Martha said she knew that the dead would rise again at the last day, but Jesus told her that if one would believe in Him, they would never die.

3. Jesus told his disciples that they would sit around the throne with him judging the Jews,not Christians.

4. Jesus plainly stated that His kingdom is not of this world.

Apple7

the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse

We are in the 1K earthly reign right now.

iamaberean

the thousand years

You have to start with the thousand years. It should be the easiest to find and it is easy to find as long as you are not looking for Jesus to reign. Chapter twenty does not say Jesus will reign even though many think so. It says the saints will reign with Christ and any time two or more are gathered in His name, He said He would be with them. The Byzantine Empire consisted of a whole lot of Christians gathered in His name and they reigned for over a thousand years.

back to
the apocalypse

No, the reign Jesus was talking about did not last a thousand years. When scripture speaks of 'a thousand', it is an unknown. But we know when judgment came, because he told his disciples he would come in judgment in their generation.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

He stated what the sign would be when He and his disciples were at the temple and he told them that the temple would be destroyed. The disciples asked 'when shall these things be, the sign of thy coming and the end of the age'? They didn't know when the temple would be destroyed,thus signifying judgment and the end of the age, but we know from history it was in 70 AD.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Those Jews, believers that were alive at Jesus' crucifixion, but had died before 70 AD, as well as the rest of the Christians, were resurrected as they passed away, but the disciples would take their seat around the throne to judge the Old Testament Jews at the end of the age.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Jews, those that had died under the law, would be judged by their works, one book was the Old Testament, and the other was the book of each individual that was being judged. No Christians!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, the reign Jesus was talking about did not last a thousand years.

it says they reigned for a thousand years
-if
-it doesn't make sense
-you have to make sense of it
-if
-it contradicts something else in the bible
-either way
-you have to make sense

Apple7

based on what?

And they sing a new song, saying, Worthy are You to receive the scroll, and to open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood purchased us to God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and made us kings and priests to our God; and we shall reign over the earth. (Rev 5.9 – 10)

The 1k earthly reign initiated at The Cross, and continues to this very day.

iamaberean

it says they reigned for a thousand years
-if
-it doesn't make sense
-if
-it contradicts something else in the bible
-either way
-you have to make sense

It does make sense, Jeb. Unless thousand is qualified with a number, it is an unknown. But it does not make sense that Jesus came as the Jews Messiah, who would bring about the new kingdom and judgment, and you say, in effect, "He must not have been the Messiah because he did not come back". Are we living under the new covenant or not?
We are and He did come back!

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

χίλιοι
chilioi
khil'-ee-oy
Plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand: - thousand.

iamaberean

He came back just as he had told them, when the temple was destroyed. It was destroyed in 70 AD.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They would not know the hour or the day, but they did know the temple would be destroyed.

Mat 24:15 When ye (disciples) therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

It happened in 70 AD, you and I didn't see it, but some of the disciples did.

Again, I ask you. "Are you living in the new covenant age" if you don't think so, then answer this "Was Jesus the Messiah or not?"

How can one can say they believe in the new covenant, but say Jesus did not complete what he said he would do?

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
All things which are written, is all prophecy in the old testament.

iamaberean

why is there no record of it?

You can't answer my questions, so you just throw me a foolish question back. I'll just say what has to be said.

I believe that Jesus is God, and God can not lie. When Jesus told his disciples he would return in their generation, then there is no devil around that can tell me he didn't return. However physical proof is undeniable, the temple was destroyed just as Jesus said it would be, in their generation.

It would please me if the words of Jesus did convince you, but I think they will not.

Apple7

He came back just as he had told them, when the temple was destroyed. It was destroyed in 70 AD.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

They would not know the hour or the day, but they did know the temple would be destroyed.

Mat 24:15 When ye (disciples) therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

It happened in 70 AD, you and I didn't see it, but some of the disciples did.

Jesus, Himself, told us in Mat 24 that terrible things would occur before the end comes, and before the release of the 'abomination of desolation' (i.e. Satan).

Jesus lists-out many things occurring before the release of Satan....false prophets, wars, rumors of wars, nation set against nation, famine, plagues, earthquakes, the killing of Christians, etc...

So....what we are seeing today IS to be expected, per scripture.

But....

When Satan is unbound, we will see, for a brief period, 'great affliction, such as has not happened from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever will be.'

Everything going on in the world today has been seen played-out in various forms for thousands of years.

Apple7

at the end of a thousand years
-but
-you don't see it as a thousand years
-so
-when does it end?

We will know that our 'thousand year reign' with Christ, upon this earth, has ended when the catastrophes, like never before, have come upon us.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the thousand years

back to
the apocalypse

the byzantine empire