the thousand years

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Come on Chrys, the very scripture you site says the first resurrection kicks of the 1000 years. Nobody got resurrected.

Give it up.

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

fzappa13

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Galatians 1:1
Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Okay, well, almost nobody. Well, a big somebody but He hasn't come with His friends yet.

marhig

2 Peter 3

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

fzappa13

Hos 5:14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.

15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

fzappa13

there is only one
-check it out

Chrys, look up all the scripture associated with this thousand year reign. All the things that are supposed to happen. Christ ruling and reigning on earth with His saints. Teaching, chastening, etc. This thousand years ends with Satan being unleashed from the pit he was thrown in for one last run on Jerusalem immediately preceding the white throne judgement.

NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED YET.

fzappa13

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
-they reigned, not Christ

Chrys, there is little, if anything, to be found in Revelation that cannot be found in Old Testament. Revelation is an amplification/clarification of what was already said long ago. That is the reason I avoided it entirely when answering your question given your fixation with it. In turn, you avoided what I offered entirely and ran to Revelation and grabbed a verse that is indeed germane and offered it while entirely avoiding what it says:

and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Interplanner

Chrys, look up all the scripture associated with this thousand year reign. All the things that are supposed to happen. Christ ruling and reigning on earth with His saints. Teaching, chastening, etc. This thousand years ends with Satan being unleashed from the pit he was thrown in for one last run on Jerusalem immediately preceding the white throne judgement.

NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED YET.

Read it carefully. it is not a run on Jerusalem. It is against all believers everywhere around the world.

This in itself should clear up any confusing reference to modern, current Israel, which has nothing to do with how the NT describes the coming day of judgement.

Ben Masada

What you are saying is that the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah and their dead have not been resurrected. That is not only Unjewish it is Unchristian and is ludicrous.

Some of them, the Christian deluded ones are indeed still waiting for an individual Messiah. Those who walk by sight aka understanding and not by faith, have finally come to the light that the Messiah is to be figured according to the collective concept of the People, not of the individual. The individual is born, lives his span of life and dies. Are we to expect a new Messiah in every generation? Obviously not!The Messiah is not supposed to die but to remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the son of God if you read Exodus 4:22,23 "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me!"