The Sock Deception

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you think it has something to do with not being satisfied for how they are received, so they try to create a personality that others will hopefully respond to in a better fashion?
I think so. Insecurity, need for attention, wanting to belong and have friends maybe. The true self always comes out over time with observation so there's no point in trying to act different than you are.

It's not easy for some people to open up and take risks offering their opinions and beliefs. Not everybody has the same sense of humor and some have none at all. When I stopped worrying about what everybody here thought about me I enjoyed it much more. I care but I don't worry about it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yep, that's the one. Couldn't remember the name. Which one came with a silver from the get go? Was that him? Evil Eye was also silver.
@whyben came in silver. There's a whole army, all showing up around the same time. Extra commas, different but compatible views and such. I liked EE's posts for the most part, he's a smart cookie but there was always lingering in the back of my mind.

glorydaz

The thing about ZOZO and Res is that they came back with a new username after bring banned.
They weren't posting under multiple accounts at the same time.

EE would use multiple accounts at the same time.
So you never knew which of his personalities you were talking to.
And he has more socks than the 4 he listed.

EXACTLY. He even lied about listing them all out....as he was busily adding others. Three or four signed up within hours of his asking to be banned. One I saw was busily posting a private message. Who was he whining to, and who might he be blaming?

I don't like it. Why are we even having to wonder?

If he's reading this, I would like to make him an offer.

Admit what you've done. Don't beg for mercy from us.

Don't ask to be banned...that is the most childish thing of all. Just stop posting if you're done.​

Put on a pair of big boy pants, and determine to only post as ONE person.
Be honest, and you will be accepted. When you're not engrossed in this deception, you are an asset to this forum. Your choice.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Right, cause he only used one at a time.

I don't remember him trying hard to hide it, or setting up other socks to agree with.

Nor do I remember him getting offended when you disagreed with another sock of his. :chuckle:
What's the point of playing like a seeker and a helper and agreeing with a few other fictitious characters? How many passwords and ID's does this guy have? :chuckle:

glorydaz

I think so. Insecurity, need for attention, wanting to belong and have friends maybe. The true self always comes out over time with observation so there's no point in trying to act different than you are.

It's not easy for some people to open up and take risks offering their opinions and beliefs. Not everybody has the same sense of humor and some have none at all. When I stopped worrying about what everybody here thought about me I enjoyed it much more. I care but I don't worry about it.

:thumb:

glorydaz

Do you think it has something to do with not being satisfied for how they are received, so they try to create a personality that others will hopefully respond to in a better fashion?

If so, it doesn't work.

I'd rather watch someone go through the rough spots, and come out more mature in the end. Like our PJ, for instance. He turned into one fine fellow.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
EXACTLY. He even lied about listing them all out....as he was busily adding others. Three or four signed up within hours of his asking to be banned. One I saw was busily posting a private message. Who was he whining to, and who might he be blaming?

I don't like it. Why are we even having to wonder?

If he's reading this, I would like to make him an offer.

Admit what you've done. Don't beg for mercy from us.
Don't ask to be banned...that is the most childish thing of all. Just stop posting if you're done.​

Put on a pair of big boy pants, and determine to only post as ONE person.
Be honest, and you will be accepted. When you're not engrossed in this deception, you are an asset to this forum. Your choice.
Good deal. Yes, I accepted Evil Eye just fine and maybe some others as well, but now I don't know who's who. he must be reading this so I hope he takes the deal and be himself.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sozo never really sneaked in without clearing ban end with Knight; they were close, yet SOZO was just too much on attacking member for Knight to abide it.

He took smacking beyond the TOL pale

Yes, he elevated the art of smack to new levels. I think his bans were primarily related to explicit disrespect of the staff, even Knight directly, and castigating them (or the site in general) for permitting what he saw as outright heresy. He demonstrated little patience for anyone who disagreed with him as forcefully as he met them in discussions. I know this as I was often on the receiving end of some of his meltdowns.

I do miss his penetrating views, whether I agreed or not. He obviously had spent time sorting out what he holds dear, so while he may have been wrong, he was never in doubt. ;)

Somewhere on the site is a nice JibJab video he and Knight put together one Christmas season throwing snowballs at me. Loved it and have a personal copy of it.

Speaking of bans, I have been banned two or three times, but never thought I should circumvent the ban by re-registering with a new account. It is just too complicated to keep up with other usernames and content. I keep copies most of my more lengthy posts with the accompanying TOL post id links to them on my computer, so tracking all of that for other usernames would be a hassle.

AMR