ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

0scar

You should examine what it is you rail against.

It is against desiever that teach lies.

Jesús was at the Gabatha at noon and later:
John 19:14 Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about the sixth hour.

Jesús was already crucified by next 9 morning.
Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, when they crucified him

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is against desiever that teach lies.

Jesús was at the Gabatha at noon and later:
John 19:14 Now it was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about the sixth hour.

Jesús was already crucified by next 9 morning.
Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, when they crucified him
I believe the third hour and the sixth hour are both the day Jesus was crucified.

IMJerusha

You can believe in Santa, UFO and mermaids if make you happy.

Excuse me, but you do know that Nikolaos of Myra was a real person?

Just askin'....

Also, wouldn't the time be subject to the seasons and amount of daylight? The Hebrews divided the daylight hours into twelfths (see John 11:9). So an hour was not always 60 minutes.

0scar

Excuse me, but you do know that Nikolaos of Myra was a real person?

Just askin'....

Also, wouldn't the time be subject to the seasons and amount of daylight? The Hebrews divided the daylight hours into twelfths (see John 11:9). So an hour was not always 60 minutes.

Do you understand that the 6th hour it is always noon (halfway between sunrise and sunset) independently of the lenght of each hour?

Do you understand that the 3rd hour (crucifixión) is 21 hours after the 6th hour (trial)?

IMJerusha

Do you have a source for this?

You mean, beside the Scripture I posted? It's Hebrew halacha which was in place at the time of Yeshua. It's a proportional hour known as sha'ah zemanit. It's calculated by taking the total time of daylight of a particular day, from sunrise until sunset, and dividing it into twelve equal parts. So it can vary day by day, season by season. Also remember that a Hebrew calendar day begins at sundown, not sunrise.

Last edited:

0scar

You mean, beside the Scripture I posted? It's Hebrew halacha which was in place at the time of Yeshua. It's a proportional hour known as sha'ah zemanit. It's calculated by taking the total time of daylight of a particular day, from sunrise until sunset, and dividing it into twelve equal parts. So it can vary day by day, season by season.
(thanks for keeping this thread on top of the first page. I am concern people will suspect that you are another avatar of me, an stupic avatar helping the inteligent avatar to look more inteligent)

Do you understand that the 6th hour it is always noon (halfway between sunrise and sunset) independently of the lenght of each hour?

Do you understand that the 3rd hour (crucifixión) is 21 hours after the 6th hour (trial)?

IMJerusha

I've never really given it tons of thought or felt it was something to beat my Sisters and Brothers up with. I simply thought to give some input here based on what I have been taught about Hebrew time keeping back in the day.

IMJerusha

(thanks for keeping this thread on top of the first page. I am concern people will suspect that you are another avatar of me, an stupic avatar helping the inteligent avatar to look more inteligent)

Oh well, they would never think that. I'm downright obsessive about my spelling being correct. I don't think I have the right to downplay peoples intelligence if I can't even spell the word.

0scar

I've never really given it tons of thought or felt it was something to beat my Sisters and Brothers up with. I simply thought to give some input here based on what I have been taught about Hebrew time keeping back in the day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You mean, beside the Scripture I posted? It's Hebrew halacha which was in place at the time of Yeshua. It's a proportional hour known as sha'ah zemanit. It's calculated by taking the total time of daylight of a particular day, from sunrise until sunset, and dividing it into twelve equal parts. So it can vary day by day, season by season. Also remember that a Hebrew day begins at sundown, not sunrise.
I understand what you are saying. Was this proportional hour used during the time of Christ? At what point in history, or was it from the beginning, was this used?

IMJerusha

I understand what you are saying. Was this proportional hour used during the time of Christ? At what point in history, or was it from the beginning, was this used?

I'm not sure. It is written. In Yeshua's day it was oral. The oral was eventually written, however. One would have to check that out with someone who knows and understands Talmudic history as regards zmanim.

Some information on Zmanim:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zmanim

Here's the deal. When we are discussing about different aspects of Scripture, it's important to remember the culture and mindset the people of the day were living in/under.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure. It is written. In Yeshua's day it was oral. The oral was eventually written, however. One would have to check that out with someone who knows and understands Talmudic history.
I would like to do that.

Would you say Roman time is different from Hebrew or Jewish time in any way? Even historically?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oscar,

Instead of starting a new thread, I would just like to say that whatever happened at the third and sixth hours, Jesus was taken down off the cross at the ninth hour.

0scar

Oscar,

Instead of starting a new thread, I would just like to say that whatever happened at the third and sixth hours, Jesus was taken down off the cross at the ninth hour.

WRONG
the chronology goes like this:
6th hours Jesús at the Gabatha on trial by Pilate
some time later tan the 6th hour (afternoon) Pilate sentence Jesús
some time before 3rd hour Jesús is taken to the Golgotha
3rd hour Jesús on the cross
6th hour darkes
9th hour Jesús die
just before 12th hour Jesús taken from the cross to the sepulcre