The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

marhig

Jesus is the Way.

You will not get inside the Way to the Father if you do not do what the Way says!

How do you ever get just hearing and believing will do anything?

James says it is dead.

Jesus says you will not be blessed as a disciple, as a family member and as a friend if you do not do what he says.

John 8:35 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

Thumbs up, that's great ? the only way is Jesus Christ and he's the only way we follow, he is our cornerstone without him we are still dead in our sins. We only follow others as they follow Christ, if we can't see the life of Christ in them and they are not living by the will of God then we don't do as they do, we go back to Jesus he is our rock and our perfect example to follow.

marhig

No one including you can do what Jesus commands.

Do you really think that you can do and obey the law?

Your very best falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.
You can if you're born of God and walk in the Spirit, because he will write Gods laws upon your heart and upon your mind and if we love God we will obey him and live it out and Christ will give us the strength to overcome as this world had nothing in him, he overcame it and by following him we can overcome it too through him and by the power of the holy spirit.

marhig

Do you think it is right to tell a lie over and over?

This is a lie, GT, and you told it.

Lying is a sin, GT.

Why is she lying by saying we are to obey Jesus? He told us that himself!

John 14

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.*Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?*Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So if you to truly love Jesus, then you will obey his commandments

Jesus even went as far as saying that we have to keep his word for the father to come to us.

God won't come to those who disobey him and put their lives before him, we are to lay down our life and live by the will of God.

What do you think it means to be a living sacrifice?

God's Truth

Thumbs up, that's great ? the only way is Jesus Christ and he's the only way we follow, he is our cornerstone without him we are still dead in our sins. We only follow others as they follow Christ, if we can't see the life of Christ in them and they are not living by the will of God then we don't do as they do, we go back to Jesus he is our rock and our perfect example to follow.

I agree you are right.

God's Truth

Why is she lying by saying we are to obey Jesus? He told us that himself!

John 14

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.*Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?*Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So if you to truly love Jesus, then you will obey his commandments

Jesus even went as far as saying that we have to keep his word for the father to come to us.

God won't come to those who disobey him and put their lives before him, we are to lay down our life and live by the will of God.

What do you think it means to be a living sacrifice?

How is it Robert Pate goes against Jesus' clear words?

God's Truth

You will try to obey his commandments, but in your heart you will know that you are failing miserably.

Jesus says we will NEVER ENTER unless we obey.

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

marhig

You will try to obey his commandments, but in your heart you will know that you are failing miserably.
I have complete faith in God and Christ, and I know that through Christ and by the the grace of God and through faith, and by walking in the light being cleansed daily by the spirit, we can overcome anything! But we will fall if we don't have complete faith, like Peter when Jesus told him to walk to him out of the boat on the sea, he could have done it and he wouldn't have been pulled under if he kept his faith.

The sea is like the world and God will make us a way through it by his grace if we keep our faith and it is strong. And the world and the works of Satan can't touch us, he can hurt us in the flesh, but he can't touch our life and the spirit will strengthen us against him, but we must keep our faith and know that God can do anything and have complete trust in him. We are to just lay down our lives for others and do the will of God, and he will do the rest!

I do sin, but hopefully not wilfully, and that's the difference, to know the will of God and to do the opposite is and insult and an abomination to God. We should listen to our conscience and the spirit will guide us to the truth. And the truth is in and through Jesus, he is the only way to follow. Add those who truly follow him will obey him.

God's Truth

Yet you cant provide any scripture that says men have a freewill !

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Isaiah 65:11-12 "But as for you who forsake the LORD and forget my holy mountain, who spread a table for Fortune and fill bowls of mixed wine for Destiny, I will destine you for the sword, and you will all bend down for the slaughter; for I called but you did not answer, I spoke but you did not listen. You did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me."

1 Peter 4:3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do--living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry.

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

musterion

GT exempts herself from selling all she has, as He commanded, but won't explain how she can be exempt if all His words are for salvation, as she tells us every chance she gets.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GT exempts herself from selling all she has, as He commanded, but won't explain how she can be exempt if all His words are for salvation, as she tells us every chance she gets.
Because she is foolish.and a lover of lies.