The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

God's Truth

GT is a modern day Pharisee. Pharisees never repent because they think that they have nothing to repent of.

You tell untruths about me.

Jesus would never have saved me if I did not repent.

I preach if anyone sins after being saved that they have to repent.

So now that you know that, don't lie about me.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Read my threads for what I believe! If you believe that mess pate believes y'all in the same boat!

I'm pretty sure Pate Believes that Jesus is the Final WORD of God, our source of salvation and the presence of God that Died for all humanity.

So...

Jesus

In that way, we are alike.

Does Pate believe religion or theological wisdom can save him?

I would dare say he does not believe anything but Jesus can save him.

In that way we are alike.

Does Pate read his bible with a chaser of Ism?

Hmmmmmmm, nope... If the Bible were whiskey, Pate would be straight off the bottle and without rocks or anything.

Same here.

Does Pate put hope anywhere but Jesus?

Doesn't appear to.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do we equally frustrate you?

Only you know the answer to that.

God's Truth

Then why do you keep telling this lie over and over?

Then why do you keep telling this lie over and over?

Still a lie, GT.
Lying is a sin, GT.
Still waiting for you to walk your talk.of repenting.

I am not a liar; I gave you the scriptures but you deny them.

Go find out what Jesus wants you to obey and do it, but you cannot say you do not have to obey something when you have to.

What do you say we have to obey?

God's Truth

No.

You just hate anything or anyone which demands your obedience.

Most MADists here are like that.

You do not obey Paul, you just pretend you do.

The only thing you know what to do is find fault and attack people, then you go crying to the mods like a little baby having a tantrum.

Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Mar 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Act 22:12 "Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt there,
Act 22:13 came to me; and he stood and said to me, 'Brother Saul, receive your sight.' And at that same hour I looked up at him.
Act 22:14 Then he said, 'The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth.
Act 22:15 For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

LA

That is exactly right.

beloved57

I'm pretty sure Pate Believes that Jesus is the Final WORD of God, our source of salvation and the presence of God that Died for all humanity.

So...

Jesus

In that way, we are alike.

Does Pate believe religion or theological wisdom can save him?

I would dare say he does not believe anything but Jesus can save him.

In that way we are alike.

Does Pate read his bible with a chaser of Ism?

Hmmmmmmm, nope... If the Bible were whiskey, Pate would be straight off the bottle and without rocks or anything.

Same here.

Does Pate put hope anywhere but Jesus?

Doesn't appear to.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do we equally frustrate you?

Only you know the answer to that.

Both you and pate are heretics.

God's Truth

You both deny salvation by Grace! You both teach salvation by the freewill of man, just express it differently.

The written word of God says that God searches our hearts.

If all were completely evil, then what is God searching hearts for?

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

Revelation 2:23
I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 44:21
would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Answer the question Calvinists, why is God searching our hearts if all are only evil?

God's Truth

Read my threads for what I believe! If you believe that mess pate believes y'all in the same boat!

Neither you, a Calvinist, or a faith alone person teaches the truth, and that is that we have to obey Jesus to get saved and to stay saved.

Calvinists and faith only crowd are half sibllings.

Calvinists tell God, "I cannot believe and obey until you save me first".

Faith only tell God, "I will believe but I do not have to obey you."

Who talks like that to God?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Both you and pate are heretics.

Ironically,

The age of reformation was a skism from the universal/Catholic church and one of its charges was the one you just made.

Heretics of the Universal church were murdered on many occasions, but reformed believers such as Calvin made the same charges and also had a collective hand in the murder of "heretics".

The irony of Calvin and the reformists is that they became rapidly guilty of the same charges they had brought against the Euro and Roman Catholic Church.

It is interesting that you would cast that word out because I disagree with your theology, when that word used to be the precursor to having a person slaughtered and sometimes even tortured.

God's Truth

Has anyone in need of forgiving someone today?

Try it, it is what Jesus tells us to do and it will go well with you.

Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matthew 18:35
That is how My Heavenly Father will treat each of you, unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Mark 11:26
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Eagles Wings

Ironically,

The age of reformation was a skism from the universal/Catholic church and one of its charges was the one you just made.

Heretics of the Universal church were murdered on many occasions, but reformed believers such as Calvin made the same charges and also had a collective hand in the murder of "heretics".

The irony of Calvin and the reformists is that they became rapidly guilty of the same charges they had brought against the Euro and Roman Catholic Church.

It is interesting that you would cast that word out because I disagree with your theology, when that word used to be the precursor to having a person slaughtered and sometimes even tortured.
I may think someone is believing or teaching heresy, yet to accuse them of this in an open forum could violate the 7th commandment, Thou shalt not bear false witness.

I am enjoying a more in depth study of this commandment as I am convicted to consider the power of the tongue to curse and wound.

God's Truth

Many people read how Jesus says to forgive, and they agree, but they have never done it themselves.

One day I did exactly as Jesus said to do and looked into my life and forgave. It was not always easy, but I did it anyway, and Jesus is right, we have to do it.

Eagles Wings

Can you just do it? Did you forgive and tell us how great it feels to obey Jesus?
The act of forgiving is very personal and I would not share such details.

I am simply confirming that God asks us to forgive, and often it is on a daily basis, for the wounds we inflict on one another are continual.

beloved57

The written word of God says that God searches our hearts.

If all were completely evil, then what is God searching hearts for?

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

Revelation 2:23
I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 44:21
would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Answer the question Calvinists, why is God searching our hearts if all are only evil?

Show me a scripture that says that man has a freewill!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I may think someone is believing or teaching heresy, yet to accuse them of this in an open forum could violate the 7th commandment, Thou shalt not bear false witness.

I am enjoying a more in depth study of this commandment as I am convicted to consider the power of the tongue to curse and wound.

What I am about to say is risky, but I will say it.

You and AMR are followers of Christ before Calvinists. You both have extensive studies in Calvinism, but the way you both debate and keep from condemning while under extreme challenge is a positive nod towards your convictions.

I appreciate this more than I can begin to express!

A wise person once said;

"People forget most of everything we say, but they never forget how they felt while around us."

beloved57

Neither you, a Calvinist, or a faith alone person teaches the truth, and that is that we have to obey Jesus to get saved and to stay saved.

Calvinists and faith only crowd are half sibllings.

Calvinists tell God, "I cannot believe and obey until you save me first".

Faith only tell God, "I will believe but I do not have to obey you."

Who talks like that to God?

Those in the flesh can't please God or submit to God Rom 8:7-8

God's Truth

The act of forgiving is very personal and I would not share such details.

I am simply confirming that God asks us to forgive, and often it is on a daily basis, for the wounds we inflict on one another are continual.

No, I do not want to know 'what' you forgave, only that you did forgive.