The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Derf

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died,
By "the religion of man" you mean Calvinism, right? Because you teach that people can ONLY be saved by a special process that happens OUTSIDE of and prior to the death of Jesus Christ.

marke

Christ’s Death Actually Saves:

Because those He died for resulted in their eternal redemption, it obtained t for them Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Thats Salvation, the word redemption here means

a ransoming, a redemption
Usage: (in the Old Testament: ransoming from imprisonment for debt, or from slavery, release from national misfortune, etc.), liberation, deliverance, release. specifically, redemption from the penalty of sin

Redemption from the penalty of sin, which penalty is eternal death as Per Rom 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So redemption from the penalty of sin is the Gift of God by and through Christ by His death having obtained eternal redemption for us, which is eternal life from eternal death, which is Salvation ! In fct eternal redemption equates to that eternal inheritance the redeemed is called to Heb 9:15

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Eternal inheritance is equvilaent to that eternal life in Rom 6:23
The Bible states that God died for our sins but not for our sins only but also for the sins of the whole world. Because you do not understand all there is to know about redemption you make God a liar in verses like 1 John 2:2.

Hoping

Banned
Error, nowhere in scripture. Sounds like salvation conditioned on man !
Our salvation is totally dependent on our obedience to God.
Peter wrote..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)
Paul wrote..."Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:8-10)
That is scripture...right?

Right Divider

Body part
Peter wrote..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:8-10)
So you believe in works righteousness?
Sad...

Please read 1 Cor 6:11

Hoping

Banned
So you believe in works righteousness?
Sad...

Please read 1 Cor 6:11
Works in tandem with the grace of God.
Like, for instance, 1 Cor 10:13..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
By the grace of God we can find the escapes from every temptation designed by the devil to kill us.
"Finding" is a work...to some.
But so is believing the gospel in the first place.
So is repentance from sin and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
Not to mention enduring faithfully till the end.
Can a man be saved without enduring faithfully till his/the end?
No.

The only works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law, but some have used the phrase "works" to deprive others of repentance from sin and every other manifestation of the grace they so elevate.
Specifically, circumcision and dietary laws.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our salvation is dependent on grace alone!

Ephesians 2:8-9

King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2&version=KJV

Hoping

Banned
Our salvation is dependent on grace alone!

Ephesians 2:8-9​

-works​

King James Version​

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+2&version=KJV
You may have missed the part of my post where I mentioned that the only works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law.
It is written..."Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;" (Rom 9:32)
And..."Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Gal 2:16)
God's loving grace is eminently necessary, however, for without it we would never have been given the gifts of repentance from sin or baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our past sins.
We would never have been given the scriptures so we can manifest both the death and life of our Redeemer.
If we are not manifesting from whose seed we are (re)born, we would be lost children of the devil.
That would have left us in the flesh, instead of being able to walk after the Spirit.

The anti-works fellas are only "working" against circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping, and other such parts of the Mosaic Law.
I agree whole heartedly with that.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You may have missed the part of my post where I mentioned that the only works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law.
It is written..."Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;" (Rom 9:32)
And..."Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Gal 2:16)
God's loving grace is eminently necessary, however, for without it we would never have been given the gifts of repentance from sin or baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our past sins.
We would never have been given the scriptures so we can manifest both the death and life of our Redeemer.
If we are not manifesting from whose seed we are (re)born, we would be lost children of the devil.
That would have left us in the flesh, instead of being able to walk after the Spirit.

The anti-works fellas are only "working" against circumcision, dietary laws, feast keeping, and other such parts of the Mosaic Law.
I agree whole heartedly with that.
You still say that salvation can be by works, yes or no?

beloved57

Thats works salvation. See a persons obedience to Christ is the result of Christ having died for them. You condition salvation on man, the bible conditions salvation on the cross of Christ. Paul says Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

See being crucified to the world and the world to us, is merely another way of saying being saved ! The Cross gets the all the credit !

Right Divider

Body part
Works in tandem with the grace of God.
Paul says "to him that worketh NOT but believeth",
Rom 4:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Like, for instance, 1 Cor 10:13..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
By the grace of God we can find the escapes from every temptation designed by the devil to kill us.
"Finding" is a work...to some.
Non-sequitur
But so is believing the gospel in the first place.
So is repentance from sin and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
You're confused about some scripture.
The only baptism in the body of Christ is dry.
1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Not to mention enduring faithfully till the end.
Can a man be saved without enduring faithfully till his/the end?
No.
Again your confusion is immense... Enduring to the end is about the great tribulation and it is all about the remnant of Israel. You cannot find "enduring to the end" anywhere is Paul's epistles.
The only works Paul wrote against were the works of the Law, but some have used the phrase "works" to deprive others of repentance from sin and every other manifestation of the grace they so elevate.
Specifically, circumcision and dietary laws.
Nope... that's NOT what Paul says. You are a scripture twister. You remind me of a previous member... are you a sock puppet?

Hoping

Banned
Thats works salvation. See a persons obedience to Christ is the result of Christ having died for them. You condition salvation on man, the bible conditions salvation on the cross of Christ. Paul says Gal 6:14

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

See being crucified to the world and the world to us, is merely another way of saying being saved ! The Cross gets the all the credit !
When one goes down the "credit" slide, all "credit" goes to God.
But can I be saved if I don't want to be saved?
Have we no say in our redemption or salvation?

Hoping

Banned
Paul says "to him that worketh NOT but believeth",

Non-sequitur

You're confused about some scripture.
The only baptism in the body of Christ is dry.

Again your confusion is immense... Enduring to the end is about the great tribulation and it is all about the remnant of Israel. You cannot find "enduring to the end" anywhere is Paul's epistles.

Nope... that's NOT what Paul says. You are a scripture twister. You remind me of a previous member... are you a sock puppet?
What do you consider a "work" for salvation?
This is what Paul considered a "work" for salvation...circumcision, dietary law, feast keeping, tithing, and any other precept of the Mosaic Law.
Unfortunately, some have included repentance from sin, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and even enduring faithfully till the end as "works" for salvation.
Do you include obedience to God as a "work' to be shunned?
I don't.