The Preterists and Matthew 24:34

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Y'all have fun. I'm done wasting my time with preterists. If these two are typical, none of them have true reverence for God's Word, and I have no time for that.

Another disgruntled Darby follower who can't defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

:wave:

john w

Hall of Fame
As we see, the Darby followers are getting more and more desperate....

Darby followers claim that Luke used the phrase "this generation" to describe the contemporaries of Jesus throughout his gospel, but then when Luke wrote verse 21:32, he meant something completely different when he used the phrase "this generation".

Dispensationalism is a mess

Word for word spam, 12 out of his last 15posts, have his "Darby" stumper.

That's all you have, wimp?

As we can see, your a wimp, with your 3rd wife's maiden name being "darby"-no other explanation, sweetie. Poor Craigie.

john w

Hall of Fame
That's because it's not true.

The only people trying to make Matt 24:34 mean something it doesn't are people who have an agenda.

Darby followers have an agenda.

13/16 posts-"Darby."

That third divorce of his really has the mutt blabbering.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, the times of the Gentiles has not been fulfilled yet:

"And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled" (Lk.21:24).​

Since you like Greek words so much.

The Greek word for "trodden down" in the above verse is "patew". It's number 3961 in Strong's.

According to Strong's, the word means:

to trample (literally or figuratively):--tread (down, under foot).

The same Greek word "patew" is found in Rev 11:20

Let's compare:

(Luke 21:24 KJV) And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

(Rev 11:2 KJV) But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Both verses speak of the same event. The event took place from 66AD - 70AD (42 months)

Some men from the generation of Jesus' contemporaries (this generation) were still alive when these events took place, just as Jesus said they would.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The demonstrative adjective "this" that modifies the noun "generation" proves that can't be the case.

Moreover, the fact that the temple was destroyed in 70AD also proves you wrong.

No offence but, I kind of believe there's something catastrophically wrong with your mind.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes it has.

Are you sure you're not confusing "the times of the Gentiles" with "the fullness of the Gentiles?

That has absolutely nothing to do with "the times of the Gentiles"

The "times of the Gentiles" was fulfilled in 70AD

The "times of the Gentiles" lasted 42 months.

(Rev 11:2) But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

The above verse was fulfilled from 66AD - 70AD (42 months).

Again, whatever is happening in the Middle East today has absolutely nothing to do with Bible prophecy.

It's why all your Dispensational buddies now look so foolish when they went on and on with their 1948 generation.

It happened in 70AD

DeMar's quote proves you wrong.

You haven't answered anything.

I asked you to explain verse 7 in Luke 21, and you just keep copying and pasting your same posts over and over again.

Plagiarized, straight from Gentry's:

2171_1.jpg

And Demar's:

51CBD0HE0KL.jpg

He is a Demar, Stuart, Gentry follower, just plagiarizing, word for word, from them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The demonstrative adjective "this" that modifies the noun "generation" proves that can't be the case.

Moreover, the fact that the temple was destroyed in 70AD also proves you wrong.

All nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs point to the
idea that you're "Cracked!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Another disgruntled Darby follower who can't defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

:wave:

Just shut up, you spamming wimp. I ought to go to your town, and kick your but, you punk, and all of TOL would not object, you mutt, and clown.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Preterists are kind of a nutty type of folks. They see things that aren't there. And,
they have a fond respect for this fella named John Phillip Darbo. I think he was a
band leader in the 40s?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs point to the
idea that you're "Cracked!"

Proper grammar tells us Matt 24:34 means exactly what it says.

But that hasn't stopped the Darby followers from coming up with all kinds of crazy excuses and crazy claims that it doesn't.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Proper grammar tells us Matt 24:34 means exactly what it says.

But that hasn't stopped the Darby followers from coming up with all kinds of crazy excuses and crazy claims that it doesn't.

I hope you don't think I'm talking out of turn but, you're some kind
of "WACKO."