THE LORDS DAY CONTROVERSY?

clefty

I'm saying that the commandment which says "every seventh day you will do no work" means that you should actually rest once a week.
kinda loose there...but "you will" sounds too predictive...as if He was forecasting future events...

Young's has it closest to ancient biblical Hebrew with "thou dost not"...present tense...

Exodus 20:8 `Remember the Sabbath-day to sanctify it;

9 six days thou dost labour, and hast done all thy work,

10 and the seventh day [is] a Sabbath to Jehovah thy God; thou dost not do any work, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy handmaid, and thy cattle, and thy sojourner who is within thy gates, --

11 for six days hath Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that [is] in them, and resteth in the seventh day; therefore hath Jehovah blessed the Sabbath-day, and doth sanctify it.

but yeah rest once a week...the LAST day of the week...cuz it was sanctified set apart by Him our Creator...

historically even 10 day weeks were tried but didn't stick as a tradition for man...

but yes that first day thingy did finally stick...well but now it's down to an AM power hour...then footballs or something...

Your position for contrast is that the commandment is some sort of a shadow of things to come and it's fine for people to work 7 days a week.

But I'm the silly one. Ok.
to be fair she maintains more that it "was just shadow of Jesus and He came...no more good things It to come...we don't observe shadows"...and off she goes..

It remains a very popular misunderstanding this "are a shadow" into "WAS a shadow" many Christians (most) make it...

...as for the body of Christ...well only they are to judge the KEEPING of it...not the not keeping of it...

https://www.cogwriter.com/news/churc...the-holy-days/

I mean why would non believing fellow Colossians care if they were NOT keeping kosher? or Jews for that matter...

It only got weird when this sect was thought to be Jewish for the first century+ as Rome thought it was...prolly cuz the believers crowding the synagogues kept doing all that "Jewish" stuff...

God's Truth

You cannot understand the Bible if you don't understand LANGUAGE.

It's no wonder that your so confused as to believe a complete fairy tale.

Quit repeating YOUR LIES. Paul did NOT say that. The Bible is CRYSTAL CLEAR.

ARE a shadow of THINGS TO COME.

It does NOT say "WERE a shadow of THINGS THAT CAME".

Confusion and lies is your MO.

How is this: You THINK you know language so well, but you don't know the scriptures and God.

Paul was speaking about the LAW IS A SHADOW OF JESUS.

Paul says the BODY OF JESUS MADE THE SHADOW.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Can you read that?

WHAT is a SHADOW?

The special diet the Jews had and observance of special days ARE A SHADOW, as IS THE SABBATH.

Colossians 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

THE SHADOW of the BODY is of CHRIST.

The shadow was of Christ's body and CHRIST CAME IN THE BODY.

Hebrews 8:5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Did you read that?

THE SANCTUARY IS A SHADOW AND SO IS EVERYTHING DONE IN IT!

Hebrews 10:1 [ Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All ] The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.

The LAW IS ONLY A SHADOW about the GOOD THINGS THAT ARE COMING---LIKE ALL SHADOWS of a PERSON.

READ THE SCRIPTURE, IT SAYS NO MORE ANIMAL SACRICES because why? BECAUSE JESUS IS THE last sacrifice!

God's Truth

so now one can just keep working as if it were a normal week day? Wow...you as an employer would work your employees 7 days a week “is good to provide for family” lol
Some people have two different jobs at two different places.

You really do make another gospel with another christ...creating an idolatrous lifestyle like the money hungry world and not like Him His faith lifestyle...

He takes care of my family btw...

So who is taking care of that woman with the walker?
So poor people that have to work two jobs aren't taken care of by God?

This from one who keeps Holy every day by not washimg as He purifies you, not eating any food but eat of the Lord by obeying His commands or wear NO clothes but clothes herself in Christ

The Sabbath was a shadow of Christ. Since Christ came, no more shadows.

you make your own rules up and don’t do His and think you can referee when you don’t even play the game...

You don't have Jesus revealed to you.

Jesus says when you tell someone to do something but don't do it yourself makes you a hypocrite.

Jesus doesn't like hypocrites.

You are a hypocrite because you said you tell everyone to obey the rules of the Sabbath but that you don't obey.

and then work every day to support family...

It is good to support the family.

It is not good to not support the family.

No thanks...as Paul said only the body of Christ can judge because they FOLLOW the Head...know to do AS He did

You calling Jesus and Paul hypocrites.

you your every day a day of rest AND work every day is good TOO...

I rest every day in the Lord, and every day is good.

God's Truth

I'm saying that the commandment which says "every seventh day you will do no work" means that you should actually rest once a week.

Your position for contrast is that the commandment is some sort of a shadow of things to come and it's fine for people to work 7 days a week.

It is a shadow of Jesus. Jesus came and now no more shadows to obey. Jesus says it is good to do good every day, and that he and his Father work every day, even on the Sabbath.

It is good to take care of your family and if you have to work every day then it is good. you have a job to take care of your family.
But I'm the silly one. Ok.

Glad you agree.

Hmmm... most people wouldn't pair an ad hominem attack with an open admission that they don't actually know anything about the person in question. You seem to have found a way to weaponize your ignorance. Well done. :first:

You are the one who does that when you say I make the law of no effect and that I should be a 21st century rabbi. The old laws with the rules and regulations are gone.
Since you don't have to work that much don't judge those that do. That is why I said you must be rich or on welfare, or maybe you just happened to have a job that isn't open on a Saturday makes you think you can judge others. How pathetic is that?

Right Divider

Body part
How is this: You THINK you know language so well, but you don't know the scriptures and God.
Constantly lying is not helping your fairy tale.

Paul was speaking about the LAW IS A SHADOW OF JESUS.
Paul said that those thing ARE (present tense AT THAT TIME) a shadow of THINGS TO COME (future tense AT THAT TIME).

Therefore your "argument" is nonsense.

P.S. The NIV is a piece of GARBAGE. Use a real Bible.

God's Truth

Constantly lying is not helping your fairy tale.

Paul said that those thing ARE (present tense AT THAT TIME) a shadow of THINGS TO COME (future tense AT THAT TIME).

Therefore your "argument" is nonsense.

P.S. The NIV is a piece of GARBAGE. Use a real Bible.

You have a lot of opinions that are worth nothing.

Show where the scriptures I gave aren't the same as the KJV.

clefty

Some people have two different jobs at two different places.
so if they work for you you would work them 7 days a week...very loving...

So who is taking care of that woman with the walker?
she ways He does...
So poor people that have to work two jobs aren't taken care of by God?
the poor we’ll always have but doesnt give them license to break the Law...

The Sabbath was a shadow of Christ. Since Christ came, no more shadows.
you keep saying...another gospel another christ...

You don't have Jesus revealed to you.

Jesus says when you tell someone to do something but don't do it yourself makes you a hypocrite.

Jesus doesn't like hypocrites.

You are a hypocrite because you said you tell everyone to obey the rules of the Sabbath but that you don't obey.
I say keep the seventh day Holy set apart sanctified...HOW I do NOT say...as Paul taught Felix there is righteousness self control and judgement...His not yours...

It is good to support the family.

It is not good to not support the family.
yup...there is good and there is better...there is not good and then there is idolatry...

You calling Jesus and Paul hypocrites.
nope...they both said to follow the Head...do as He did...you don’t even try...but think to make EVERY day Holy...

I rest every day in the Lord, and every day is good.

And then there remains a Holy day...Remember...to keep it sanctified...set apart...

Right Divider

Body part
You have a lot of opinions that are worth nothing.
This is NOT an "opinion":

Paul said that those things ARE (present tense AT THAT TIME) a shadow of THINGS TO COME (future tense AT THAT TIME).

It's a FACT. A FACT that you cannot deal with and so you continue to lie about it.

Show where the scriptures I gave aren't the same as the KJV.

AKJV: 17 which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
NIV: 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
NASB: 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the [a]substance [b]belongs to Christ.
[h=4]So AGAIN... Paul is talking about things TO COME and NOT "things that came".[/h]

God's Truth

This is NOT an "opinion":

Paul said that those things ARE (present tense AT THAT TIME) a shadow of THINGS TO COME (future tense AT THAT TIME).

It's a FACT. A FACT that you cannot deal with and so you continue to lie about it.

[h=4]So AGAIN... Paul is talking about things TO COME and NOT "things that came".[/h]

Prove it then, because all you did again was just give your opinion,

Prove it that I SAID SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN THE KJV.

Show it where it is different.

You were shown that the shadows were the OLD LAW.

God's Truth

so if they work for you you would work them 7 days a week...very loving...

Some people have two different jobs and two different bosses.

she ways He does...

How? You are the one who said God isn’t taking care of people who are poor and have to have two jobs. So you think people like that aren’t loved by God, what about the woman you had to help on the Sabbath? According to your evil, God isn’t taking care of her because YOU had to lift and therefore break the Sabbath rules for her.

God's Truth

the poor we’ll always have but doesnt give them license to break the Law...

You break the Sabbath, you said so.

you keep saying...another gospel another christ...

You don’t know the one and only Christ.

yup...there is good and there is better...there is not good and then there is idolatry...
You idolize a day.
nope...they both said to follow the Head...do as He did...you don’t even try...but think to make EVERY day Holy...
Jesus says do good works every day and on the Sabbath.

It is a good work to take care of your family, even on the Sabbath.

Jesus intercedes for people’s sins, even on the Sabbath.

And then there remains a Holy day...Remember...to keep it sanctified...set apart...
You have to do that every day. According to you, you don’t even do it one day.

clefty

Some people have two different jobs and two different bosses.
have 3 to 4 jobs... 6 bosses...fine as long as that seventh day is set apart...

I have seen Him bless those that do...as He has me...HalleluYah

didnt harrass her for details when she said “He takes care of me”...

You are the one who said God isn’t taking care of people who are poor and have to have two jobs. So you think people like that aren’t loved by God, what about the woman you had to help on the Sabbath? According to your evil, God isn’t taking care of her because YOU had to lift and therefore break the Sabbath rules for her.
wow...your attempt of slander persecute falsely and desire to twist comes from such a hurt dark place...

matches exactly your Jewish false witness that “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”...your another gospel another christ...yet another false construct

clefty

You break the Sabbath, you said so.
my need of His grace and mercy extend to other failings to “hit the mark” but I keep shooting...

You don’t know the one and only Christ.
your ability to judge has been proven suspect...

You idolize a day.
I do NOT make holy that which is already MADE HOLY...I merely attempt to remember it and KEEP it Holy...

You however have attempted to makae all other days Holy...attempting to make holy that which is NOT ... that is Idolatry...

Jesus says do good works every day and on the Sabbath.
and you twist that into working 7 days a week for pay...LOL

It is a good work to take care of your family, even on the Sabbath.

Jesus intercedes for people’s sins, even on the Sabbath.
and? Do you forgive show mercy give alms heal on the seventh day...and keep it separate from the six others prior?

You have to do that every day. According to you, you don’t even do it one day.
Your another gospel and another christ...is NOT His Way.

God's Truth

have 3 to 4 jobs... 6 bosses...fine as long as that seventh day is set apart...

I have seen Him bless those that do...as He has me...HalleluYah

didnt harrass her for details when she said “He takes care of me”...

wow...your attempt of slander persecute falsely and desire to twist comes from such a hurt dark place...

matches exactly your Jewish false witness that “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”...your another gospel another christ...yet another false construct

You are the one who is in a dark place.

You brag about not having to work a job outside the home on a Saturday, and say it is because God takes care of you, while you boast about lifting someone's walker and putting down those who have to work for their families livelyhood.

God's Truth

my need of His grace and mercy extend to other failings to “hit the mark” but I keep shooting...

your ability to judge has been proven suspect...

I do NOT make holy that which is already MADE HOLY...I merely attempt to remember it and KEEP it Holy...

You however have attempted to makae all other days Holy...attempting to make holy that which is NOT ... that is Idolatry...

and? Do you forgive show mercy give alms heal on the seventh day...and keep it separate from the six others prior?

Your another gospel and another christ...is NOT His Way.

You idolize a day and claim you obey it, and say it decides who lives or dies or who has favor with God and who goes to Hell.

What you do is evil.

clefty

You are the one who is in a dark place.

You brag about not having to work a job outside the home on a Saturday, and say it is because God takes care of you, while you boast about lifting someone's walker and putting down those who have to work for their families livelyhood.

Thanks...Matt 5:11

clefty

You idolize a day and claim you obey it, and say it decides who lives or dies or who has favor with God and who goes to Hell.

What you do is evil.

If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still stole and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too...
If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still killed and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too...
If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still were sexually deviant and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too

see a pattern? Hope so cuz I don’t want to type out another 6-7 including your “nothing from outside can defile”

If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and created another gospel another christ...and taught because the law was changed...I would remind you that that is exactly what Jews claimed “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”...Luke was clear that was FALSE WITNESS...

God's Truth

You don't know the difference between fact and opinion.

I showed you a FACT in the SCRIPTURE and yet you cannot understand it.... but that makes sense.

I gave you scriptures about those shadow being the LAW and you said I used a corrupt Bible.

Now prove that the KJV doesn't say the shadow is about the law.

Here Paul says plainly that the eating and drinking and holydays and new moon and sabbath days ARE SHADOWS.

Colossians 2 :16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ

The shadow of things to come---but THE BODY is of Christ.

Now read these scriptures how the shadow was until Jesus came.

Christ's Eternal Priesthood

Hebrew 8 1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. 6But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

The New Covenant

7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

So the old covenant with the earthly temple and high priests and sacrifices were A SHADOW.

Now that Jesus came there are no more shadows.

ALL THINGS SCRIPTURES I GAVE YOU ARE FROM THE KING JAMES VERSION.

Hebrews 1
Christ's Sacrifice Once for All

1For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. 2For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. 3But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. 4For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

That is the GOOD THAT CAME, JESUS CHRIST.

God's Truth

If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still stole and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too...
If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still killed and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too...
If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and still were sexually deviant and taught the law was changed about that...I would correct that too

see a pattern? Hope so cuz I don’t want to type out another 6-7 including your “nothing from outside can defile”

If you insisted that you follow Him...love Him...obey Him and created another gospel another christ...and taught because the law was changed...I would remind you that that is exactly what Jews claimed “Jesus changed the customs Moses delivered”...Luke was clear that was FALSE WITNESS...

You lie about me so much, and why do you keep saying MAD to me?

Show where I ever said any of those things you claim I said, false witness.