The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for sin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And because I cannot beat the TOL humble-off champion John W, I will say right now that I accept your award for smacking the heathen silly.

God's Truth

The trap is in the need to have any beliefs at all. That is a symptom of unconscious lack of self-worth. And the soul is supported by the scriptures. In fact it is the fulfillment of the entire bible. It's a matter of interpretation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth can be found. Jesus tells us how. Nowhere anywhere in God's written Word does it say what you say. Show me the scripture that says, "The trap is in the need to have any beliefs at all."

God's Truth

Romans 5

10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

That scripture is about Jesus saving the enemy Gentiles and did not make them get CIRCUMCISED first.

God's Truth

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES.

Paul is explaining that Jesus did not just die for the Jews, the Jews who performed the commanded various laws and regulations. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, even for the sins of the enemies of God. The Gentiles were the enemies.

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

Reconciled while enemies is about the GENTILES not having to become a Jew first and get CIRCUMCISED.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The GENTILES WERE ENEMIES BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH. They did not obey those commands from God.

Jesus still saved them WHILE THEY WERE UNCIRCUMCISED ENEMIES.

Prizebeatz1

Not in the red letters it doesn't.

Galatians 1

12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It was revealed by his apostle Paul.

I find that interesting. It creates more questions than it answers.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

Not in the red letters it doesn't.

Galatians 1

12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It was revealed by his apostle Paul.

Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

God's Truth

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

None of that says he is dying for their sin. His death is a substitute. He traded his perfect and righteous life for your no good rotten life. And God the Father accepted.

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Reactions: Lon

God's Truth

None of that says he is dying for their sin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

This is your point? Seriously?

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMR put this in the chatbox a few days ago. It belongs in this thread, because it is 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

God's Truth

And it says repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

It ain't hidden anymore now is it? Is it still hidden? No. It was NOT hidden when Jesus said it, because Jesus had died and rose from the dead and that is when Jesus says it!

If you want to be forgiven you are to repent.

God's Truth

Nick M, how do you ever get it was still hidden from them? Jesus died and rose again and that is WHEN he told them.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

That is right, Paul is SAYING what Jesus says: Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.