The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for sin.

God's Truth

A person can only turn to the Lord if they believe the Gospel Acts 11:21.

But those who can't believe the Gospel it's because it is hid from them 1 Cor. 4:3-4.

~~~~~

It is hid from them because they will not obey what Jesus says.

Jesus says to humble yourselves.

Jesus is the Way.

We have to do what the Way says to be saved.

Prizebeatz1

Are you saying you do not believe the Holy Bible?

I am saying I do not see anywhere where Jesus said he died for our sins. It seems to be a distortion of his message. When we read the 4 Gospels the impression that Jesus died for our sins is not what we get. He might have said something to the effect that he died as a ransom for many but that does not translate into his dying for our sins. Then we have the letters after the Gospels that magnify this dying for our sins out of proportion like it was the main ingredient of Jesus' message when it wasn't. It seems to me that it was Paul's take on Jesus' message and he was a Jew and sacrifice was important to them.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

I am saying I do not see anywhere where Jesus said he died for our sins.

Do you understand why animals were sacrificed?

Do you know the scriptures where John the baptizer calls Jesus the Lamb of God?

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Prizebeatz1

Do you understand why animals were sacrificed?

Do you know the scriptures where John the baptizer calls Jesus the Lamb of God?

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

I think they believed it could atone for sins. Jesus is symbolism for the soul. That is what the Lamb of God stands for. The soul is out true identity and it takes away our imperfections because we no longer have to exclusively identify with the personality and its sinfulness.

God's Truth

I think they believed it could atone for sins.
God commanded it for the atonement of their souls.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Jesus is symbolism for the soul.
Jesus is symbolism? Where did you get such a thing?

That is what the Lamb of God stands for.

The lamb stands for the BLOOD sacrifices, but this Lamb of God is ONCE and for all. The lamb sacrifices were done daily and year after year.

The soul is out true identity and it takes away our imperfections because we no longer have to exclusively identify with the personality and its sinfulness.

The soul is our spirit with the flesh body, and our sins are only taken away when we obey Jesus' teachings. We are transformed into the likeness of Christ when we obey.

Prizebeatz1

That is the common interpretation but it's a misunderstanding. The soul is the source of our infinite and eternal self-worth. It is our real identity and it is one with salvation, heaven, and God. Like Father like Son. Jesus represents this and Satan represents the personality or who we take ourselves to be. The intensity with which we believe we are the personality is the same intensity with which we are disconnected from being able to feel our infinite worth. Every belief we hang on to is actually moving us away from the emptiness we would feel if we let go. That emptiness is part of what is infinite and eternal and we are one with it but we bite the forbidden fruit and judge it as bad when it's the opposite. The traditional interpretation actually neglects the most important piece which is the soul. Behold the higher meaning of the burial of Christ, the cornerstone the builders rejected.

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 15

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

He died for all men, as Paul clearly states. Even the dirty, rotten, murdering, adulterous heathens have been reconciled to God. He is not counting their sin against them.

2 Corinthians 5

18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

If you hold fast to what I am saying, and place your trust in his work, you will move from death to life.
:up:

The Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for sins and sin! PTL!

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

bling

Did Christ die for an intangible like sin or did Christ die for sinners?

What is the "free gift" and can it be refused?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He was healed of his disability that is about being healed of his disability.

Listen to what Jesus says after he healed a man:

John 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

Whether the paryletic let down by ropes or this other man nothing was demanded Jesus said "arise take up thy bed and walk"

You say he must first repent, he must be very, very, very sorry for his sins, he must bawl like a baby, fall on his face, go to the front

With Jesus it is so simple we come, He forgives, as you say He links healing with pardon.

God's Truth

That is the common interpretation but it's a misunderstanding. The soul is the source of our infinite and eternal self-worth. It is our real identity and it is one with salvation, heaven, and God. Like Father like Son. Jesus represents this and Satan represents the personality or who we take ourselves to be. The intensity with which we believe we are the personality is the same intensity with which we are disconnected from being able to feel our infinite worth. Every belief we hang on to is actually moving us away from the emptiness we would feel if we let go. That emptiness is part of what is infinite and eternal and we are one with it but we bite the forbidden fruit and judge it as bad when it's the opposite. The traditional interpretation actually neglects the most important piece which is the soul. Behold the higher meaning of the burial of Christ, the cornerstone the builders rejected.

I do not believe things not supported by the Holy Bible. Sorry to hear you are ensnared to believe other ways.

God's Truth

Whether the paryletic let down by ropes or this other man nothing was demanded Jesus said "arise take up thy bed and walk"

Firstly, they were the lost sheep of Israel, and they knew one is to obey God.

Next, John the baptizer prepared the way by having the people repent of their sins, for that is how John PREPARED the way for Christ.

See Luke 1:76-80

You say he must first repent, he must be very, very, very sorry for his sins, he must bawl like a baby, fall on his face, go to the front

I did not say that.

With Jesus it is so simple we come, He forgives, as you say He links healing with pardon.

He forgives what? He forgives the sins we repent of doing.

God's Truth

But you do not obey God....you are not submitted to elders

I do obey God. I submit to God and Jesus Christ.

There are no more churches as there were in the New Testament times.

During the laying of the foundation, scriptures were being written and being shared by word of mouth and hand written books and letters.

The foundation has been laid and we have the Holy Bible complete. We do not have to go to a nowadays church to get the written Word of God.

God does not tell us to join a denomination. God does not tell us to make big buildings and have people pay a tenth of all their income to the leaders.

The church is the body of Christ and true worshipers, and they met in people's homes.

Prizebeatz1

I do not believe things not supported by the Holy Bible. Sorry to hear you are ensnared to believe other ways.

The trap is in the need to have any beliefs at all. That is a symptom of unconscious lack of self-worth. And the soul is supported by the scriptures. In fact it is the fulfillment of the entire bible. It's a matter of interpretation.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When one turns to God it must be in submission/obedience.

Romans 5

10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am saying I do not see anywhere where Jesus said he died for our sins.

Not in the red letters it doesn't.

Galatians 1

12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It was revealed by his apostle Paul.