The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The heart-cradle......

The heart-cradle......

Christ still speaks in the same place today, the heart is the womb of the spirit.

The divine 'word' or 'seed' must be nurtured within the 'cave' or 'cradle' of the heart...to bring forth the 'Christ'.

We read further from Paper 3, 'The attributes of God' -

3:1.2 I am a God at hand as well as afar off,’ says the Lord. ‘Do not I fill heaven and earth?’” The Universal Father is all the time present in all parts and in all hearts of his far-flung creation. He is “the fullness of him who fills all and in all,” and “who works all in all,” and further, the concept of his personality is such that “the heaven (universe) and heaven of heavens (universe of universes) cannot contain him.” It is literally true that God is all and in all. But even that is not all of God. The Infinite can be finally revealed only in infinity; the cause can never be fully comprehended by an analysis of effects; the living God is immeasurably greater than the sum total of creation that has come into being as a result of the creative acts of his unfettered free will. God is revealed throughout the cosmos, but the cosmos can never contain or encompass the entirety of the infinity of God.

Cross-link audio-video here.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The Matchless Moses

The Matchless Moses

The real Moses

The Matchless Moses

(1055.4) 96:3.1 The beginning of the evolution of the Hebraic concepts and ideals of a Supreme Creator dates from the departure of the Semites from Egypt under that great leader, teacher, and organizer, Moses. His mother was of the royal family of Egypt; his father was a Semitic liaison officer between the government and the Bedouin captives. Moses thus possessed qualities derived from superior racial sources; his ancestry was so highly blended that it is impossible to classify him in any one racial group. Had he not been of this mixed type, he would never have displayed that unusual versatility and adaptability which enabled him to manage the diversified horde which eventually became associated with those Bedouin Semites who fled from Egypt to the Arabian Desert under his leadership.*

(1055.5) 96:3.2 Despite the enticements of the culture of the Nile kingdom, Moses elected to cast his lot with the people of his father. At the time this great organizer was formulating his plans for the eventual freeing of his father’s people, the Bedouin captives hardly had a religion worthy of the name; they were virtually without a true concept of God and without hope in the world.

(1055.6) 96:3.3 No leader ever undertook to reform and uplift a more forlorn, downcast, dejected, and ignorant group of human beings. But these slaves carried latent possibilities of development in their hereditary strains, and there were a sufficient number of educated leaders who had been coached by Moses in preparation for the day of revolt and the strike for liberty to constitute a corps of efficient organizers. These superior men had been employed as native overseers of their people; they had received some education because of Moses’ influence with the Egyptian rulers.

(1056.1) 96:3.4 Moses endeavored to negotiate diplomatically for the freedom of his fellow Semites. He and his brother entered into a compact with the king of Egypt whereby they were granted permission peaceably to leave the valley of the Nile for the Arabian Desert. They were to receive a modest payment of money and goods in token of their long service in Egypt. The Hebrews for their part entered into an agreement to maintain friendly relations with the Pharaohs and not to join in any alliance against Egypt. But the king later saw fit to repudiate this treaty, giving as his reason the excuse that his spies had discovered disloyalty among the Bedouin slaves. He claimed they sought freedom for the purpose of going into the desert to organize the nomads against Egypt.

(1056.2) 96:3.5 But Moses was not discouraged; he bided his time, and in less than a year, when the Egyptian military forces were fully occupied in resisting the simultaneous onslaughts of a strong Libyan thrust from the south and a Greek naval invasion from the north, this intrepid organizer led his compatriots out of Egypt in a spectacular night flight. This dash for liberty was carefully planned and skillfully executed. And they were successful, notwithstanding that they were hotly pursued by Pharaoh and a small body of Egyptians, who all fell before the fugitives’ defense, yielding much booty, all of which was augmented by the loot of the advancing host of escaping slaves as they marched on toward their ancestral desert home.

JosephR

Oh... And I've received many PMs from others commending me for taking the esotericists to task instead of just allowing their drivel unabated.

Most insist they don't respond because they don't know how to nail all the Jell-O to the wall because esotericism is such slimy syncretism.

My responses are allowed by Knight, too. Go moderate another forum. I will desist at Knight's instruction.

If you don't like Christians standing against intentional party-crashers with no respect for the faith, then feel free to go to the esotericist forums. You won't find me there on the offensive toward them. I don't have double standards.

Coward,, I will take any esoteric interpretation you have,,, again you wont engage our true scholars.

shoots ur fish in ur barrel ...

Caino

BANNED
Banned
There was a basis for the creation story in Genesis. By the times of the writing of Genesis 36,000 years had passed. Adam and Eve were two materialized celestial beings who came to a fallen, evolved world. The story was carried by way of oral tradition in Mesopotamia by the various cultures such as the samarians, Persians and nomadic tribes.

The Legend of Creation

(836.14) 74:8.1 The story of the creation of Urantia in six days was based on the tradition that Adam and Eve had spent just six days in their initial survey of the Garden. This circumstance lent almost sacred sanction to the time period of the week, which had been originally introduced by the Dalamatians. Adam’s spending six days inspecting the Garden and formulating preliminary plans for organization was not prearranged; it was worked out from day to day. The choosing of the seventh day for worship was wholly incidental to the facts herewith narrated.

(837.1) 74:8.2 The legend of the making of the world in six days was an afterthought, in fact, more than thirty thousand years afterwards. One feature of the narrative, the sudden appearance of the sun and moon, may have taken origin in the traditions of the onetime sudden emergence of the world from a dense space cloud of minute matter which had long obscured both sun and moon.

(837.2) 74:8.3 The story of creating Eve out of Adam’s rib is a confused condensation of the Adamic arrival and the celestial surgery connected with the interchange of living substances associated with the coming of the corporeal staff of the Planetary Prince more than four hundred and fifty thousand years previously.

Zeke

Coward,, I will take any esoteric interpretation you have,,, again you wont engage our true scholars.

shoots ur fish in ur barrel ...

The good cop, bad cop routine, with the mascots from the peanut gallery cheering them on.

Paul said some interesting words about paper based scholars, that he is supposed to have been raised on. Even in the story of Jesus those he scolded most often majored in religion, and thought they knew more than they did about spiritual kingdoms, and temples, the ones who had faith that he praised reveals who had the ears to hear, and the eyes to see. But who really knows who wrote what with any certainty beyond question, that's why the spirit is the only guide one needs to follow.

Let them mock it will turn against them.

John Mortimer

I don't see "your" problem? Freelight has not stated that he/she has
read the entire Bible cover to cover!
I have read the entire Bible cover to cover three times and read many of the individual books hundreds of times. What point are you trying to make? Freelight is not insisting that you read the entire UB cover to cover - only that you educate yourself on it to some degree.

Zeke

Readers can investigate the papers for themselves, by actually reading them, and then make an informed decision on the matter. You have not afforded yourself the opportunity made amply available, but have chosen to ridicule and marginalize the topic instead.

To take 'your' word for it, would require one assessing your adequate and rightful knowledge or understanding of the papers, to even begin to 'take' anything you say with some merit.

pj

A big RA, and Egyptian AMEN to that brother.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
We begin with 'God'....the universal infinite ONE

We begin with 'God'....the universal infinite ONE

Thank you!

Is that really a gesture of gratitude? While I think John did help clarify the situation, I've never demanded that you read all 2000 + pages of the UB, but did recommend the first 12 Papers at least which provide a foundation of its entire theology-cosmology, and provided 3 audio-videos of the first 3 Papers ('The Universal Father, 'The Nature of God', 'The Attributes of God') - if after you have 'learned' what the UB really teaches on 'God', THEN you can debate or engage a 'dialogue' upon such an 'essential' subject, if the subject of 'theology' has any value to you.

The next two Papers are on 'Gods relationship to the Universe' & 'God's relationship to the Individual',....continuing these most important fundamental discourses. Is there anything more foundational than these topics?

pj

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well thanks Dailymail and uk scientist, but we knew this 50 years ago, it's in the Urantia revelation.:cool:

Earliest human footprints outside Africa discovered in NORFOLK: 800,000-year-old imprints 're-write our understanding of history'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...movement-ancient-ancestors.html#ixzz2swNy6lkD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2553798/Earliest-human-footprints-outside-Africa-discovered-NORFOLK-800-000-year-old-imprints-shed-light-movement-ancient-ancestors.html

One of many lucky guesses I suppose:jawdrop:

The Foxhall Peoples

(719.4) 64:2.1 900,000 years ago the arts of Andon and Fonta and the culture of Onagar were vanishing from the face of the earth; culture, religion, and even flintworking were at their lowest ebb.

(719.5) 64:2.2 These were the times when large numbers of inferior mongrel groups were arriving in England from southern France. These tribes were so largely mixed with the forest apelike creatures that they were scarcely human. They had no religion but were crude flintworkers and possessed sufficient intelligence to kindle fire.

(719.6) 64:2.3 They were followed in Europe by a somewhat superior and prolific people, whose descendants soon spread over the entire continent from the ice in the north to the Alps and Mediterranean in the south. These tribes are the so-called Heidelberg race.

(719.7) 64:2.4 During this long period of cultural decadence the Foxhall peoples of England and the Badonan tribes northwest of India continued to hold on to some of the traditions of Andon and certain remnants of the culture of Onagar.

(719.8) 64:2.5 The Foxhall peoples were farthest west and succeeded in retaining much of the Andonic culture; they also preserved their knowledge of flintworking, which they transmitted to their descendants, the ancient ancestors of the Eskimos.

(719.9) 64:2.6 Though the remains of the Foxhall peoples were the last to be discovered in England, these Andonites were really the first human beings to live in those regions. At that time the land bridge still connected France with England; and since most of the early settlements of the Andon descendants were located along the rivers and seashores of that early day, they are now under the waters of the English Channel and the North Sea, but some three or four are still above water on the English coast.

(720.1) 64:2.7 Many of the more intelligent and spiritual of the Foxhall peoples maintained their racial superiority and perpetuated their primitive religious customs. And these people, as they were later admixed with subsequent stocks, journeyed on west from England after a later ice visitation and have survived as the present-day Eskimos.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Well thanks Dailymail and uk scientist, but we knew this 50 years ago, it's in the Urantia revelation.:cool:

Earliest human footprints outside Africa discovered in NORFOLK: 800,000-year-old imprints 're-write our understanding of history'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...movement-ancient-ancestors.html#ixzz2swNy6lkD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2553798/Earliest-human-footprints-outside-Africa-discovered-NORFOLK-800-000-year-old-imprints-shed-light-movement-ancient-ancestors.html

One of many lucky guesses I suppose:jawdrop:

The Foxhall Peoples

(719.4) 64:2.1 900,000 years ago the arts of Andon and Fonta and the culture of Onagar were vanishing from the face of the earth; culture, religion, and even flintworking were at their lowest ebb.

(719.5) 64:2.2 These were the times when large numbers of inferior mongrel groups were arriving in England from southern France. These tribes were so largely mixed with the forest apelike creatures that they were scarcely human. They had no religion but were crude flintworkers and possessed sufficient intelligence to kindle fire.

(719.6) 64:2.3 They were followed in Europe by a somewhat superior and prolific people, whose descendants soon spread over the entire continent from the ice in the north to the Alps and Mediterranean in the south. These tribes are the so-called Heidelberg race.

(719.7) 64:2.4 During this long period of cultural decadence the Foxhall peoples of England and the Badonan tribes northwest of India continued to hold on to some of the traditions of Andon and certain remnants of the culture of Onagar.

(719.8) 64:2.5 The Foxhall peoples were farthest west and succeeded in retaining much of the Andonic culture; they also preserved their knowledge of flintworking, which they transmitted to their descendants, the ancient ancestors of the Eskimos.

(719.9) 64:2.6 Though the remains of the Foxhall peoples were the last to be discovered in England, these Andonites were really the first human beings to live in those regions. At that time the land bridge still connected France with England; and since most of the early settlements of the Andon descendants were located along the rivers and seashores of that early day, they are now under the waters of the English Channel and the North Sea, but some three or four are still above water on the English coast.

(720.1) 64:2.7 Many of the more intelligent and spiritual of the Foxhall peoples maintained their racial superiority and perpetuated their primitive religious customs. And these people, as they were later admixed with subsequent stocks, journeyed on west from England after a later ice visitation and have survived as the present-day Eskimos.

Wow, you mean the earth and our human ancestors were around beyond 6,000 - 10,000 years ago? ;)

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is that really a gesture of gratitude? While I think John did help clarify the situation, I've never demanded that you read all 2000 + pages of the UB, but did recommend the first 12 Papers at least which provide a foundation of its entire theology-cosmology, and provided 3 audio-videos of the first 3 Papers ('The Universal Father, 'The Nature of God', 'The Attributes of God') - if after you have 'learned' what the UB really teaches on 'God', THEN you can debate or engage a 'dialogue' upon such an 'essential' subject, if the subject of 'theology' has any value to you.

The next two Papers are on 'Gods relationship to the Universe' & 'God's relationship to the Individual',....continuing these most important fundamental discourses. Is there anything more foundational than these topics?

pj

I thank you as well!

John Mortimer

And I would respectfully ask you why would anyone want to waste their time on such drivel?

Your respect is overwhelming! :chuckle:

This is my fault for not spelling out every last syllable of what was meant. Freelight is only asking those who want to keep posting in this thread that they educate themselves to some degree about the subject matter. If they do not - and if their posting is unrelentingly negative - then they are trolling and should therefore be ignored.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Wow, you mean the earth and our human ancestors were around beyond 6,000 - 10,000 years ago? ;)

pj

Hi Freelight,

Notice the specific reference in the UB to settlements along the English coast that were not covered with water? The link is a Reuters report from 2010

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/07/us-britain-humans-idUSTRE66641I20100707?feedType=RSS&feedName=scienceNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FscienceNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Science%29

Aimiel

The UB is obviously bunk, and anyone who falls into the UB trap and tries to pass it off as more reliable than Scripture is a pawn of Satan. Troll? Puhleaze. =)

Posted from the TOL App!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
crackers.......

crackers.......

Hi Freelight,

Notice the specific reference in the UB to settlements along the English coast that were not covered with water? The link is a Reuters report from 2010

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/07/us-britain-humans-idUSTRE66641I20100707?feedType=RSS&feedName=scienceNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FscienceNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Science%29

Impressive but how do you account for the 100,000 year difference from the article and the UB account? Is it just that its 'pretty close'? (okay, I just saw the UB puts the migration to England a bit earlier, and does account for flint being the primary use for weapons/tools. You can add more on this if you'd like).

Paper 64 - The Evolutionary Races of Color

My former comment about the earth and human ancestors being beyond 6 - 10,000 years old, was a crack at 'young earth creationism' ;)

pj

Status
Not open for further replies.