JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Floods happen all the time today.

And? So what?

The difference is that the entire surface of the earth was destroyed in the Noachian Flood.

2000 years ago the recent Tsunami in Japan would have been credited to a deity being unhappy. Today we know what causes tsunamis.

And? Your point is?

Moses was a reformer,

Meaning?

when he dropped and broke the first tablets

He didn't just drop them, he threw them onto the ground and broke them.

he was making a break from what they previously practiced in Egypt.

More fairy tale.

The reason Moses broke the tablets was that he was angry with the people of Israel for making a calf of gold while he was up on the mountain talking to God.

That's why there are (2) sets of 10 commandment and (2) reasons given for Sabbath keeping.

More nonsense.

These commandments as twice recorded in the Scriptures, in the first case deliverance from Egypt is assigned as the reason for Sabbath keeping, while in a later record the advancing religious beliefs of the Israelites demanded that this be changed to the recognition of the fact of creation as the reason for Sabbath observance.

More nonsense.

The Hebrew of Babylon wasn't in existence during Moses's time.

And? So what?

Moses live 1000 years prior to the Babylonian captivity when the OT books were finalized.

So what?

Moses is the one who wrote the first five book of the Bible, and Job.

When the same stories are retold in the OT some things change because they were written by humans not God.

Care to list any examples?

The belief that God wrote the scripture books came later after the Babylonian captivity.

Because you say so?

Having first been introduced to OT stories in Christianity as a child, when I first head the UB truths spoken, it was as if I already knew them. The spirit of the Father in me bore witness to the Urantia revelation just like he bore witness to the identity of The Son of God to most of the Apostles.

Yeah, right.

You've been convinced that God wrote the Old Testament through whomever, its perfect and therefore your doubts are the problem. Every religion does that with their scripture.

False.

Yet another straw man against my position.

I believe that the Bible was perfect in its original manuscripts, which have since been lost to time.

Since then, there have been errors introduced (unintentionally), and such errors, while corruptions of the original text, DO NOT change the overall story of the Bible.

That never happened. The only reason the flood story is accepted by normal people is because its in the Bible. If it were outside the bible it wouldn't be accepted.

You need to study up, instead of taking everything for granted from the UB.

So people first believe the Israelites flood story, then desperately try to fit it into the real world.

This is false.

The world looks nothing like the Israelites creation or flood story's.

That's because you've covered your eyes.

I do realize that you believe it, but that doesn't make it so.

How ironic...

Caino

BANNED
Banned
And? So what?

The difference is that the entire surface of the earth was destroyed in the Noachian Flood.

And? Your point is?

Meaning?

He didn't just drop them, he threw them onto the ground and broke them.

More fairy tale.

The reason Moses broke the tablets was that he was angry with the people of Israel for making a calf of gold while he was up on the mountain talking to God.

More nonsense.

More nonsense.

And? So what?

So what?

Moses is the one who wrote the first five book of the Bible, and Job.

Care to list any examples?

Because you say so?

Yeah, right.

False.

Yet another straw man against my position.

I believe that the Bible was perfect in its original manuscripts, which have since been lost to time.

Since then, there have been errors introduced (unintentionally), and such errors, while corruptions of the original text, DO NOT change the overall story of the Bible.

You need to study up, instead of taking everything for granted from the UB.

This is false.

That's because you've covered your eyes.

How ironic...
I believe that the scriptures are no more perfect then the men who wrote them. If the "original manuscripts" could change then so could the authors be imperfect.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, that's what their story does, it kills everyone and fills the huge Gap in their genealogy.
The "story" of the global flood is true. That's why GOD put it in the Bible.
It is an example of the future judgement of the entire world.
You are a cultist wacko. There is no other way to put it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I believe that the scriptures are no more perfect then the men who wrote them.

Currently, they are not perfect.

Which is why I made the clarification of "original manuscripts."

If the "original manuscripts" could change

If they changed, they wouldn't be original, now would they?

then so could the authors be imperfect.

How is that a counter to my points?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Currently, they are not perfect.

Which is why I made the clarification of "original manuscripts."

If they changed, they wouldn't be original, now would they?

How is that a counter to my points?
We don't have the original manuscripts, but what we have are changing stories within what's left. And it doesn't bother my faith in the Father that the scripture books aren't perfect. I think they are as imperfect as we should expect them to be.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Not true, the ancient cultures all around the world are far older than the Israelites creation story.
Your book has not historical accuracy. It wasn't till the Iron Age which was post-Christ that stone buildings were common. India didn't exist until about 150 AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.