The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

You're mostly the one I'm talking to here.

Where YOU already put me? How'd you do that, Paul?

Maybe. But by what authority do you have to condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire?

Which others, and why? Be a man and name names.

Prove it. You're the one who pridefully calls himself LET'S ARGUE but shuts down his own threads the second someone he can't deal with posts on it. That's what a called-out ignorant loudmouth coward does. You just slandered a whole bunch of us. Be a man and prove what you say is true.

How many Time does any Fool have to be shown what God has done???

God HAS Put Down ALL Rule, Power and Authority in AD70, The END!!!
(( 1 Corinthians 15:24 KJV ))!!!!
--&--
(( Revelation 12:1 KJV ))!!!!

You know-it-alls have no idea what God SAID THERE, But God said what He said!!
If the Body of Christ don't have ALL SPIRITUAL Authority, Who DOES?? -- The Body of Christ has Now "Inherited ALL THINGS" Said GOD!!!! -- ((( That includes / "Includes" God's Vengeance )))!!!!
Prove that wrong before you find out the hard "WAY"!!

Only One is exposed in the Body of Christ at anytime in your stupid world, and that IS the Angel - "MICHAEL", the Main, or Head "Minister" of GOD!!!!

Where did God put All His Authority?? -- God GAVE ALL His Authority to the Body of Christ!!! - There Is NO One in the Body of Christ, except He who is IN HEAVEN, and Not of that Cursed World of YOURS!!!

((((( NOW )))))!!! - Start Your own Thread and I'll continue in it, (( NO LONGER HERE ))!!!!!

This is these guys Thread that You guys are disrupting!!

Paul, David!!!!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Indeed you dodged and continue to do so.

None of what you've just said changes the fact that Jesus told His people to KEEP the Law of Moses, including the sacrifices.

"Naturally evolved away from the primitive laws"

Another piece of fanciful nonsense. Those "barbaric" Laws of Moses were given to Him by God.

You continue to try to create a God that you "like". I'm keeping the God that actually exists, thank you very much.

Nope, You exaggerate the implications of Jesus telling the person to go present themselves to the Jewish authorities.

We don't practice the evolved laws of Judaism anymore and frankly Jesus never needed to tell people to stop.

I have never believed that Moses wrote Genesis, the Hebrew language
Dates to about 500 years after Moses. Moses was a reformer of the previous practices of his followers. I believe that the OT was redacted and edited during the Babylonion captivity. The Hebrew secular history books mentioned by the OT are all gone. I believe they were destroyed. The authors of the OT did not claim to be inspired.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
respect for thread subject and forum rules

Let me get out of here and quit taking up these guys Thread!!

SORRY About all this guys.

I realize you and I are not the Same, but that does not mean that we MUST Be Enemies of one another, like the World of Fools do.

Later fellows!!

Paul, Letsargue -- 113014

Thanks for at least being considerate about respecting the thread, which is more than can be said of others here who are only trolling, wasting space and time, dishonoring forum rules.

pj

journey

A real Christian believes the teachings of the Holy Bible. People pushing contrary beliefs and materials are doing evil work and are enemies of God. They will be judged by God accordingly.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Letsargue

Thanks for at least being considerate about respecting the thread, which is more than can be said of others here who are only trolling, wasting space and time, dishonoring forum rules.

pj

You are very WELCOME!!

Though I'm "Overly" Joyed in discussing God, I'm Sorry for going too far with this in taking up you all's Thread.
(( IF )) you'd Like some help with these Trollers, or what ever they are, just let me Know.

We all are FREE to speak of the Things we believe, but NO one has the right to deliberate disrupt, and try destroying some one else's RIGHT to speak of anything peaceably.

Enjoy!!

Paul

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are very WELCOME!!

Though I'm "Overly" Joyed in discussing God, I'm Sorry for going too far with this in taking up you all's Thread.
(( IF )) you'd Like some help with these Trollers, or what ever they are, just let me Know.

We all are FREE to speak of the Things we believe, but NO one has the right to deliberate disrupt, and try destroying some one else's RIGHT to speak of anything peaceably.

Enjoy!!

Paul

:thumb:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

A real Christian believes the teachings of the Holy Bible. People pushing contrary beliefs and materials are doing evil work and are enemies of God. They will be judged by God accordingly.

This thread is about the Urantia Papers. Something you've refused to read (even the first 3 papers....we'll make it even easier). By not respecting the subject or protocols of dialogue you further disqualify yourself from engaging here. (This goes for all trollers).

Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

The above 'woe' does not apply to the UB or any sincere reader of it, since it heralds and expounds upon the highest ideals and principles of truth, beauty and goodness, exemplifying the religion of Jesus and how we can live like him, serving in the kingdom doing his will.

You've been given the resources either posted or in links to educate yourself properly on the subject, so make use of them or leave the discussion. This is a discussion forum.

pj

Right Divider

Body part
Nope, You exaggerate the implications of Jesus telling the person to go present themselves to the Jewish authorities.
You just continue with your attempts at subtle deception.
Mat 8:1-4 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. (2) And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. (3) And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. (4) And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.
You always leave something out (our add your twist).

We don't practice the evolved laws of Judaism anymore and frankly Jesus never needed to tell people to stop.
"The evolved laws of Judaism"? You are like so many that come here with this kind of gobbledygook.

I have never believed that Moses wrote Genesis, the Hebrew language
Dates to about 500 years after Moses. Moses was a reformer of the previous practices of his followers. I believe that the OT was redacted and edited during the Babylonion captivity. The Hebrew secular history books mentioned by the OT are all gone. I believe they were destroyed. The authors of the OT did not claim to be inspired.
Well then, only the great Caino can lead us. Caino knows all, tells all.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
cosmic consciousness

cosmic consciousness

Indeed you dodged and continue to do so.

Beyond splitting hairs, we dont know how much in the gospels are Jesus actual words and deeds, so one passage may not necessarily imply or prove anything beyond correlation or the writer's implications.
Jesus nowhere else advocates animal or human sacrifice and there is support that he being more sympathetic with the Essenes would have rejected the sacrificial temple system and its priesthood politics.

None of what you've just said changes the fact that Jesus told His people to KEEP the Law of Moses, including the sacrifices.

"Naturally evolved away from the primitive laws"

Another piece of fanciful nonsense. Those "barbaric" Laws of Moses were given to Him by God.

Jesus challenged certain laws and beliefs in the mosaic codes rennovating them, see the sermon on the mount for starters. He furthermore taught the law of forgiveness showing that man has the power to forgive sins or retain them (I speak here of human relationships). Only as we forgive.....are we forgiven....this is a universal principle. As we forgive others and ourselves we are made free, restored in relationship.

You continue to try to create a God that you "like". I'm keeping the God that actually exists, thank you very much.

By nature we are creators, .....and can also miscreate using those powers ignorantly.

No matter one's belief.....there is only one original, universal, absolute, infinite reality or Deity source. Religious books, traditions, cultures, schools provide different conceptual-frames in which to reference or relate to this Deity. The UB provides a greater cosmic-overview with its own terms and meaning.

pj

Right Divider

Body part
Beyond splitting hairs, we dont know how much in the gospels are Jesus actual words and deeds, so one passage may not necessarily imply or prove anything beyond correlation or the writer's implications.
Jesus nowhere else advocates animal or human sacrifice and there is support that he being more sympathetic with the Essenes would have rejected the sacrificial temple system and its priesthood politics.
Yes, I understand that you believe everything that you find I any book except the Bible. The Bible is fully consistent with itself and your theory that Jesus taught something new is simply wrong.

Jesus challenged certain laws and beliefs in the mosaic codes rennovating them, see the sermon on the mount for starters. He furthermore taught the law of forgiveness showing that man has the power to forgive sins or retain them (I speak here of human relationships). Only as we forgive.....are we forgiven....this is a universal principle. As we forgive others and ourselves we are made free, restored in relationship.
The sermon on the mount is almost verbatim from the book of Isaiah. Jesus was always quoting the prophets. Paul tells us that Jesus was a "minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises make to the fathers...".

By nature we are creators, .....and can also miscreate using those powers ignorantly.

No matter one's belief.....there is only one original, universal, absolute, infinite reality or Deity source.
"infinite reality or Deity source"? You guys always invent nonsense terms to justify your made up story.

Religious books, traditions, cultures, schools provide different conceptual-frames in which to reference or relate to this Deity. The UB provides a greater cosmic-overview with its own terms and meaning.
And what makes that any different from any other cult? The Mormons have their own book, so do the Christian Scientists, etc. etc. etc.

Greater? How so?

"its own terms and meaning"? Why?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
making the most of the discussion.....

making the most of the discussion.....

Yes, I understand that you believe everything that you find I any book except the Bible. The Bible is fully consistent with itself and your theory that Jesus taught something new is simply wrong.

The sermon on the mount is almost verbatim from the book of Isaiah. Jesus was always quoting the prophets. Paul tells us that Jesus was a "minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises make to the fathers...".

"infinite reality or Deity source"? You guys always invent nonsense terms to justify your made up story.

And what makes that any different from any other cult? The Mormons have their own book, so do the Christian Scientists, etc. etc. etc.

Greater? How so?

"its own terms and meaning"? Why?

If you're interested in the UB, all the main resources are here, and likely discussed already within the thread. Its fundamental theology on the nature of God is contained in the first 3 papers, continuing with God's relationship with creation and individuals. These are essentials while other information may be more or less relative or interesting depending how far you want to go. Those really interested will read the material for themselves and gather enough data to make their own conclusions while keeping an open mind of continual research and learning, if only to educate themselves on the actual content, instead of relying on presuppositions, heresay and assumptions.

I have other interests and studies, the UB is only one resource among others to inspire, uplift and enlighten....and like any other religious work it is limited to its own terms, meaning-values and context. What is disheartening is the wilful ignorance, preferred bigotry and demonization going on when a civil, respectful, intelligent dialogue could be had. Is that too much to expect or ask for?

So much more could be gained by the 'creative dialogue' approach in these discussions, using the space to explore, consider, research and expand consciousness. A huge volume exists with wonderful concepts, principles and themes to investigate, and so some of us do and have returned to these correlations of knowledge and relationships expounded in great detail in the papers...since the total cosmology and theology is 'consistent' thru-out concerning principles, morals, ethics, meanings and values essential to religion and religious experience.

As far as terms go one must familiarize themselves with them and their meanings within the context. How can one judge a text they have not even read? To whine over my recommendation of reading a few of the papers as if I was forcing the material upon them instead of having them know it so we can have an informed dialogue about it is ludicrous and intellectually irresponsible.

All is available here for those willing to learn which is the purpose of the thread with informative commentary, resource links, and discussion material to glean from. A discussion is what you make it provided both parties are consistent to make it civil, interesting, creative, respectful and positively engaging.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Mat 8:1-4 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. (2) And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. (3) And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. (4) And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

"The evolved laws of Judaism"? You are like so many that come here with this kind of gobbledygook.

Don't forget Freelight? He and Caino; "KNOW ALL!!!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why the adherents of the Urantia Book feel it necessary to bring
the "Christian Bible" into their "Cult" is beyond my comprehension?
Someday they'll have to stand before the "Living God of the Universe,
and be judged according to their "works!" Why? Because they rejected
the Savior, Lord, and God who created ALL that is! Those who will be
standing before God, to be judged, will be cast into the "Lake of Fire!"

Revelation 20: 12-15 states;And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

These are the "Unsaved!"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Websters.com

Sacrifice

1 the act of giving up something that you want to keep especially in order to get or do something else or to help someone

2 an act of killing a person or animal in a religious ceremony as an offering to please a god

3 a person or animal that is killed in a sacrifice​

Atonement

1 obsolete : reconciliation

2 the reconciliation of God and humankind through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ

3 reparation for an offense or injury : satisfaction

4 Christian Science : the exemplifying of human oneness with God​

"Religious concept in which obstacles to reconciliation with God are removed, usually through sacrifice. Most religions have rituals of purification and expiation by which the relation of the individual to the divine is strengthened. In Christianity, atonement is achieved through the death and resurrection of Jesus. In Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and some Protestant churches, penance is a sacrament that allows for personal atonement (see confession). In Judaism the annual Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur, is the culmination of 10 days centered on repentance."​

It was a great sacrifice in the eternal life of the Son of God to relinquish the glory he had on high to incarnate as one of his lowly creatures on the least of all of his creation, on the fallen world earth to bring the word of salvation, to make the way of salvation by simple faith more clear. He did this for us, in his love for us. In his love for us he was willing to do a great many things in his victorious life, a life more difficult than any human on earth could imagine, yet he did it so graciously. His life was a revelation of God to man, a contribution to mans inner life, and what man can be while subject to the will of God. Not only did this miraculous Son suffer so much in life on our behalf, he was also willing to die as man dies. It is only in this way that his death was a "sacrifice." God was forgiving before Jesus came, in the gospel of Jesus. He came to offer mercy, redemption, reconciliation, but It did not require the death of Jesus for man to be forgiven.

Jesus' earth parents make a "sacrifice" to the Lord in accordance with their religion.

Luke 2:24

24 ...and to offer a sacrifice in keeping with what is said in the Law of the Lord: “a pair of doves or two young pigeons.”​

Matthew 9:13

But go and learn what this means: I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”​

After healing a man Jesus desired for him to go to the Temple authorities, who were aligned against him, to show his healing to them:

Mark 1:44

“See that you don’t tell this to anyone. But go, show yourself to the priest and offer the sacrifices that Moses commanded for your cleansing, as a testimony to them.”

Loving God with all of your heart is more important than making material sacrifices:

Mark 12:33New International Version (NIV)

33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”​

Caino

BANNED
Banned
But the story of the cross became the most remarkable element of the Jesus story. It became like a marketing tactic which drew people into the new Christian religion.

"Jesus lived a life which is a revelation of man submitted to the Father’s will, not an example for any man literally to attempt to follow. This life in the flesh, together with his death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, presently became a new gospel of the ransom which had thus been paid in order to purchase man back from the clutch of the evil one — from the condemnation of an offended God. Nevertheless, even though the gospel did become greatly distorted, it remains a fact that this new message about Jesus carried along with it many of the fundamental truths and teachings of his earlier gospel of the kingdom. And, sooner or later, these concealed truths of the fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of men will emerge to effectually transform the civilization of all mankind.

"But these mistakes of the intellect in no way interfered with the believer’s great progress in growth in spirit. In less than a month after the bestowal of the Spirit of Truth, the apostles made more individual spiritual progress than during their almost four years of personal and loving association with the Master. Neither did this substitution of the fact of the resurrection of Jesus for the saving gospel truth of sonship with God in any way interfere with the rapid spread of their teachings; on the contrary, this overshadowing of Jesus’ message by the new teachings about his person and resurrection seemed greatly to facilitate the preaching of the good news." UB 1955

Zeke

Recommend did Moses exist by Acharya S/D.M. Murdock. And DR. ASHRAF EZZAT on the plagiarized Bi-Bull via Egypt etc...You're indoctrinated gobbledygoop isn't any better.

Aimiel

But the story of the cross became the most remarkable element of the Jesus story. It became like a marketing tactic which drew people into the new Christian religion.
Really? A MARKETING tactic? The death of the adherent? Jesus asks us to take up the cross (our own death for His sake) and follow Him (obeying God ALL the time). That's the hardest thing that can be asked of a human. We lay down our lives and give them completely to Him. It is not a marketing tactic. He went to the cross to pour out His Blood as an offering on behalf of our sins. God accepted Him.

The ark symbolized Him. It was made of wood, the symbol of Him being human. It was overlaid with gold to symbolize Him being Divine. The ten commandments symbolized His complete obedience to the law. The bowl of manna symbolized Him being the bread of life and Aaron's rod that budded symbolized His ascension from the dead. He was slain from the foundation of the world. The cross was why He came to the earth: to pay for our sins with His death. We get His Life just like He took our death.

Status
Not open for further replies.