Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Beyond the book of revelation.......

Beyond the book of revelation.......

maybe Revelation made it into the bible because of these two passages:

Revelation 22:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19

King James Version (KJV)

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Revelation barely made it in the canon, as for some it was too cryptic and had little of the teachings of Jesus, being a book of apocalyptic visions, esoteric codes and other mysteries. ALSO we might note that the passages above only refers to the book of Revelation itself...(see the yellow above) and NOT necessarily to a compile of books (called a 'bible') that this book was added to. Lets keep things in proper-context :)

Those interested in the UB can read it for themselves and access the resources/commentary and helpful info. provided here so far, while ignoring the 'trolls' who are only here to marginalize the subject, demean and demonize the material while spouting their own version of 'apologetics', pot-shots, trolling activities and other means of ridicule, which massage their religious egos and make them feel that they are doing 'God' a service. The UB itself as a revelation of cosmic magnitude and importance is so beyond such 'antics', in another ballpark altogether, yet includes the full spectrum of human knowledge (religion, philosophy, science) and continues to expand on it with added revelatory insight.

pj

Lon

the 'trolls' who are only here to marginalize the subject, demean and demonize ... which massage their religious egos and make them feel that they are doing 'God' a service.
You are on a Christian website. You marginalize, demean, and demonize yourselves. What did you think with this rubbish? Open arms?
Get this straight:
We believe Christianity is the premiere exclusive one and only way to God the Father and that all other is sinking sand.
So what were you even thinking coming here to such a narrow-minded, without apology, group?

It has over 109k hits because you guys are infatuated with yourselves!

The UB itself as a revelation of cosmic magnitude and importance is so beyond such 'antics', in another ballpark altogether, yet includes the full spectrum of human knowledge (religion, philosophy, science) and continues to expand on it with added revelatory insight.

pj
:nono:
Some differences with Christianity include:
  • Jesus' crucifixion is not considered an atonement for the sins of humanity.[67] The crucifixion is taught to be an outcome of the fears of religious leaders of the day, who regarded his teachings as a threat to their positions of authority.
  • Jesus is considered the human incarnation of "Michael of Nebadon," one of more than 700,000 "Paradise Sons" of God, or "Creator Sons." Jesus is not considered the second person of the Trinity as he is in Christianity. The book refers to the Eternal Son as the second person of the Trinity.[85]
  • Jesus was born on earth through natural means of conception instead of a virgin birth.[86]
  • Jesus did not walk on water or perform some of the miracles that are attributed to him in the Bible.[87]

It's claim to prophetic office and divine nature are mutually exclusive with the canon of scripture AND God. :down:

Aimiel

Revelation barely made it in the canon, as for some it was too cryptic and had little of the teachings of Jesus, being a book of apocalyptic visions, esoteric codes and other mysteries.
Jesus wrote it. He speaks through it. If you cannot recognize Him there, you'll never recognize His voice above the din of demons you're bombarded by every day. His Voice is loud and clear in Revelation, indeed all of Scripture is His Handwriting. You cannot see The Kingdom, since you're not born again.
ALSO we might note that the passages above only refers to the book of Revelation itself...(see the yellow above) and NOT necessarily to a compile of books (called a 'bible') that this book was added to. Lets keep things in proper-context
Once again, you don't get to give Scripture 'your' meanings and definitions, since you're not part of The Kingdom. You're not capable of understanding how faith in God operates. You don't have any. You have faith in Jebus, a false god that doesn't even exist.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are on a Christian website. You marginalize, demean, and demonize yourselves. What did you think with this rubbish? Open arms?
Get this straight:

So what were you even thinking coming here to such a narrow-minded, without apology, group?

It has over 109k hits because you guys are infatuated with yourselves!

:nono:

It's claim to prophetic office and divine nature are mutually exclusive with the canon of scripture AND God. :down:

Excellent post!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
(1659.8) 148:4.1 It was the habit of Jesus two evenings each week to hold special converse with individuals who desired to talk with him, in a certain secluded and sheltered corner of the Zebedee garden. At one of these evening conversations in private Thomas asked the Master this question: “Why is it necessary for men to be born of the spirit in order to enter the kingdom? Is rebirth necessary to escape the control of the evil one? Master, what is evil?” When Jesus heard these questions, he said to Thomas:

(1660.1) 148:4.2 “Do not make the mistake of confusing evil with the evil one, more correctly the iniquitous one. He whom you call the evil one is the son of self-love, the high administrator who knowingly went into deliberate rebellion against the rule of my Father and his loyal Sons. But I have already vanquished these sinful rebels. Make clear in your mind these different attitudes toward the Father and his universe. Never forget these laws of relation to the Father’s will:

None of this is inspired writings! Therefore, its's safe to say
it can all be ignored! Baloney is the technical term for it!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
No apologies dear

No apologies dear

The problem is: apologists like freelight take it seriously, and fool others with its tripe.

Those interested in the UB can avail themselves the info., commentary and resources made available, which is what this particular thread is about. I'm hardly an 'apologist' for the UB, let alone a fundamentalist UB believer, which Caino would be more in line with in his belief-system, since I'm a 'theosophist' at heart, a 'spiritualist' in scope, and a 'universalist' in vision. - these 'terms' by the way are applied to my theology in a most liberal sense of course.

I've already shared that my commentary and creative writing on the UB (or any other subject for that matter as is usual per custom) and how its teachings relate to other religious traditions, science, philosophy and religion....tieing into the collective knowledge of man, is one of pure exploration, expounding on the theology presented, its principles and concepts. The UB being very comprehensive/complex in its all-inclusiveness is being used as a 'springboard' for 'dialogue', that is all. All its knowledge is relative, stemming from a primary base of what is 'absolute', centered in the First Source and Center (The Universal Father) of all reality. - all else are details concerning relationships, values and meanings.

Open minded readers are probably less impressed with the nay-sayers here, most of which have not even read significant portions of the UB to be qualified to judge it, seeing that an odd obsession is at work here which excites them to keep their 'polemics' going. 'Heresy-hunters' have been busy ever since a claim of 'orthodoxy' existed.

The Urantia Book and Christianity

pj

The Father

BANNED
Banned
Yes, because if Jesus didn't die, then I have no hope.

To you killing Jesus was a good thing, what a sad, twisted belief system.

Christ did not connect his final rejection with earning Gods forgiving nature, man was created in weakness, the Father extends ample mercy to his struggling children as a compensation.

God manifest on earth, with the power to lay down his life and take it up again is no sacrifice. Christ explained that the cross was proof of his authority to teach, it also proved definitively that man has life after death.

Jesus the Good Shepherd

…17"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18"No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." 19A division occurred again among the Jews because of these words.…

That's not a sacrifice, that's an act of love.

Aimiel

To you killing Jesus was a good thing, what a sad, twisted belief system.
I'm in good company, though:

Isaiah 53:10
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Jesus did more than just allow Himself to be put to death. He was slain from the foundation of the earth. Before He began creation He knew that Adam would commit high treason and give the keys to this earth to Satan. He took them back at Calvary. They are given to us by faith in His Victory over death, hell and the grave.
Christ did not connect his final rejection with earning Gods forgiving nature, man was created in weakness, the Father extends ample mercy to his struggling children as a compensation.
No, it's faith in Christ that saves us, not merely being human. Christ told the one condemned prisoner on the cross that he would be with Him in paradise but not the other one.
God manifest on earth, with the power to lay down his life and take it up again is no sacrifice.
He sacrificed His Life so that He could remove our wages for sin. The wages of sin is death. He took our death. We now get His Life (if indeed we have faith in Him) and never have to die.
Christ explained that the cross was proof of his authority to teach, it also proved definitively that man has life after death.
He did no such thing. His authority was self-evident. All authority is. It proved that Christ has life after death. Man has nothing, except God gives it to him.
…17"For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18"No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father." 19A division occurred again among the Jews because of these words.…

That's not a sacrifice, that's an act of love.
If He didn't sacrifice His Life in my place, I'd still be lost in my sins. I'd not be able to have a relationship with God, Who is perfect. Because of Jesus' Blood, I'm perfect. Unless you drink His Blood and eat His Flesh you have no life in you. Do you take communion? Do the elements have no meaning to you? Was Christ's sacrifice worthless?

The Father

BANNED
Banned
I'm in good company, though:

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Jesus did more than just allow Himself to be put to death. He was slain from the foundation of the earth. Before He began creation He knew that Adam would commit high treason and give the keys to this earth to Satan. He took them back at Calvary. They are given to us by faith in His Victory over death, hell and the grave.No, it's faith in Christ that saves us, not merely being human. Christ told the one condemned prisoner on the cross that he would be with Him in paradise but not the other one. He sacrificed His Life so that He could remove our wages for sin. The wages of sin is death. He took our death. We now get His Life (if indeed we have faith in Him) and never have to die.He did no such thing. His authority was self-evident. All authority is. It proved that Christ has life after death. Man has nothing, except God gives it to him.If He didn't sacrifice His Life in my place, I'd still be lost in my sins. I'd not be able to have a relationship with God, Who is perfect. Because of Jesus' Blood, I'm perfect. Unless you drink His Blood and eat His Flesh you have no life in you. Do you take communion? Do the elements have no meaning to you? Was Christ's sacrifice worthless?

Wrong again:

18The Jews then said to Him, "What sign do You show us as your authority for doing these things?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"…

The cross proved his authority just as I said.

The Father

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel is still trying to make the rejection and murder part of a plan by Christ:

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:

* Jesus is the Lord, many try to force Jesus into murky prophecies to fit their home made religions.

Christ did not think it was a good thing that he was being rejected and killed, there was a penalty for those who did it.

The Parable of the Vineyard Owner

12 Then He began to speak to them in parables: “A man planted a vineyard, put a fence around it, dug out a pit for a winepress, and built a watchtower. Then he leased it to tenant farmers and went away. 2 At harvest time he sent a slave to the farmers to collect some of the fruit of the vineyard from the farmers. 3 But they took him, beat him, and sent him away empty-handed. 4 Again he sent another slave to them, and they[a] hit him on the head and treated him shamefully. 5 Then he sent another, and they killed that one. He also sent many others; they beat some and they killed some.

6 “He still had one to send, a beloved son. Finally he sent him to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’

7 “But those tenant farmers said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him, and the inheritance will be ours!’ 8 So they seized him, killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

9 “Therefore, what will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the farmers and give the vineyard to others. 10 Haven’t you read this Scripture:

The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.
11 This came from the Lord
and is wonderful in our eyes?”

12 Because they knew He had said this parable against them, they were looking for a way to arrest Him, but they were afraid of the crowd. So they left Him and went away.

Yet Aimiel says that the rejection and death was for him when Jesus spoke against him and the other fools who rejected the Gospel message.

Aimiel

Wrong again:

18The Jews then said to Him, "What sign do You show us as your authority [/COLOR]for doing these things?" 19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up[/COLOR]." 20The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"…

The cross proved his authority just as I said.
I saw His Authority in His Words. He proved to unbelievers His Authority by raising from the dead, but they still don't believe Him. Just ask the rich man, whom Abraham told that even though one raised from the dead they would not hear him. Obviously you don't, as well.

Aimiel

Yet Aimiel says that the rejection and death was for him when Jesus spoke against him and the other fools who rejected the Gospel message.
The Gospel is: Christ shed His Blood to wash your sins away. If you reject His Blood, you have no life in you. He was slain from the foundation of the world. He planned it. He conquered the enemy. You simply don't understand. You need to believe in Him or you'll perish. Being sprinkled with water when you are an infant only makes you wet. It's faith in The Living Word that brings you to salvation.

The Father

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel is: Christ shed His Blood to wash your sins away. If you reject His Blood, you have no life in you. He was slain from the foundation of the world. He planned it. He conquered the enemy. You simply don't understand. You need to believe in Him or you'll perish. Being sprinkled with water when you are an infant only makes you wet. It's faith in The Living Word that brings you to salvation.

That’s your religion, not the religion that Christ taught and lived.

Whole hearted Faith in God, that’s what Christ said leads to salvation. He maintained his faith as your friends rejected and murdered him, he then proved this gospel by returning from the grave. Your religion of death is akin to religions of the beliefs of the Gentiles.

Lon

Whole hearted Faith in God, that’s what Christ said leads to salvation. He maintained his faith as your friends rejected and murdered him, he then proved this gospel by returning from the grave. Your religion of death is akin to religions of the beliefs of the Gentiles.
You are a terrible Catholic. Do you know what the differenc is between Catholic and Protestant crosses and the significance? I don't think so!

Aimiel

Large print is for people hard of seeing.
It's also against TOL policy. See, "Other Things to Avoid," at the end of this article: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933
It's so sad to think that those who followed Jesus while he was on the earth wanted him to be scourged and killed for a doctrine that he never taught. Where did it all go so terribly wrong?
Peter said that Jesus should not be killed, and probably grabbed his sword when he said it... Jesus rebuked him the same way He'd rebuke you: "Get thee behind me, Satan."

Aimiel

Sorry, but you're just WRONG:

Matthew 26:28
For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

You have no life in you is you don't drink His Blood, which was shed for the remission of your sins. You don't discern His Body or His Blood. You're anathema.
Whole hearted Faith in God, that’s what Christ said leads to salvation.
That's key, but it is His Faith.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The faith is NOT of ourselves. It is His Faith. It is His Gift to us. Those of us who believe Him receive His Gift of faith, His Faith to believe His Word. It isn't us, it is Him in us that makes us good.
He maintained his faith as your friends rejected and murdered him, he then proved this gospel by returning from the grave. Your religion of death is akin to religions of the beliefs of the Gentiles.
It isn't death that makes me believe. It's His resurrection from death. His victory over Death belongs to me. The spirit of Death will one day be cast into the Lake of Fire. The spirit of Hell will, too.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Your faith in your own faith is simply ludicrous. I believe His Word. You believe your imagined religion, which seems to have nothing at all to do with Catholicism or any other recognized Christian religious sect.

Status
Not open for further replies.