Status
Not open for further replies.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
behold He comes with the clouds

you can't miss it

this time

Still cant add to the current Bible book collection because the last and most controversial book added to the Bible by the perfect church says that all kinds of bugs and plagues will be dumped all over us, perhaps even doused with flammable liquid and set on fire, just like the good old days of Christianity.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Still cant add to the current Bible book collection because the last and most controversial book added to the Bible by the perfect church says that all kinds of bugs and plagues will be dumped all over us, perhaps even doused with flammable liquid and set on fire, just like the good old days of Christianity.

it might explain all the disasters we are having

Caino

BANNED
Banned
it might explain all the disasters we are having

Every generation thinks its living in the "last days", without the perspective of history, every age looks worse than all the others. There have been far, far worse times than these for this planet.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick, as the years have gone by you seem to have grown more bitter not more loving. Whatever your religious convictions are they have only stunted your growth, your fruit is dead on the vine. You have been nothing but insulting towards us. I have short answers to your insincere questions because I don't waste the time and effort to cast pearls before swine. Those answers are more for those who lerk, not for an old, dry, deef and blind Pharisee.

Freelight is a very bright individual, sadly his very detailed, articulate writings in response to a-holes is an exercise in futility.

Freelight (Paul) and I are friends on Facebook, he could tell you that your stereotyping me as a hippie or one of the many other people you look down on in the world, is far from accurate. I'm a Reagan Republican fiscally speaking. I voted for Romney.

Caino, it's best not to use foul language! Secondly, you don't
really KNOW me! Bitter is not something that I can identify
with! False doctrine, cults, and odd individuals do gain my
attention however, I have no real or imagined hatred or
animosity for anyone at TOL! Seems like you, and Free-
light are a bit 'thin skinned!' Again, it's best to watch the
foul language! Try and practice the willpower necessary,
to filter what you put in print!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Every generation thinks its living in the "last days", without the perspective of history, every age looks worse than all the others. There have been far, far worse times than these for this planet.

wishful thinking
so many want to be alive for the second coming
I believe everyone will

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You can't stand what God's written word (the Bible) has to say, so
you would rather turn to a fictionalized writing created in the 20th
century that's more to your liking, and sensibilities?

Aimiel

Religious control and command makes the claim that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. Nowhere in any of the bible books do the authors claim they were commanded by God to write his word. Just holy men with various motives and quality of material.
Jesus said that God's Word is Truth. He believed Scripture. He certainly wouldn't have read from It if it had poor quality control or motives.
I was born again long ago, I'm in the kingdom now with Christ. I know the light, it is glorious.
If you did, you'd recognize His Word as Light. You don't, which proves you aren't born again. It proves you're a sham and a charlatan.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You can't stand what God's written word (the Bible) has to say, so
you would rather turn to a fictionalized writing created in the 20th
century that's more to your liking, and sensibilities?

I prefer more up to date real revelation. The Bible book collection don't claim divine authorship, you were indoctrinated by a bible worshiping cult. Now you fear to learn more so you are stuck in the Stone Age.

Aimiel

You have absolutely NO understanding of the significance of why Christ had to go to the cross! The problem is, you're not a Christian, you've decided to follow a cult, instead of choosing to place your faith in Christ, as your Lord, and Savior!
Just for the record: others realize Caino's not born again, too. =)

Aimiel

I prefer more up to date real revelation. The Bible book collection don't claim divine authorship, you were indoctrinated by a bible worshiping cult. Now you fear to learn more so you are stuck in the Stone Age.
It isn't fear that keeps us from making counterfeit money, it's wisdom. Same goes for The Holy Scriptures. We won't follow the voice of a stranger. We know Christ's Voice. If you were born again, you would too.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that God's Word is Truth. He believed Scripture. He certainly wouldn't have read from It if it had poor quality control or motives.If you did, you'd recognize His Word as Light. You don't, which proves you aren't born again. It proves you're a sham and a charlatan.

His Word is living, your judgment of my salvation and relationship with God shows that you have an arrogance that is beyond laughable. No real disciple of the living Christ, who is present here with us, would ever make such a judgment of a brother. Looks like you are the frustrated phony.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It isn't fear that keeps us from making counterfeit money, it's wisdom. Same goes for The Holy Scriptures. We won't follow the voice of a stranger. We know Christ's Voice. If you were born again, you would too.

Here is Monopoly money for ya:

A common Israelite citizen, living in the age before the Babylonian captivity began, roughly 605 BC, would have been taught that God or Yahweh lead David to number Israel. If there was a TOL back then he could post that as “scripture” and argue against any heretic who dared to say otherwise. Anyone who might disagree with such an idea would be pissed all over and ridiculed by the cranky Grosnicks or the frustrated Aimiels of the era.

Books of Samuel ca. 625 BCE

Second Samuel 24 (ESV) Again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go, number Israel and Judah.” 2So the king said to Joab, the commander of the army, who was with him, “Go through all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and number the people, that I may know the number of the people”

Chronicles 4th century BCE or slightly later

First Chronicles 21 (ESV) Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”

But someone living in Israel after the return from exile, in the era of the newly completed (or latest) redactions of the story, could go on the TOL of the age and insist that it was Satan that led David to go number Israel by relying on the new scriptures.

The so called inerrant books of the Bible show a number of areas of very human evolution in religious thought and belief as should be expected, it was written by humans. Only God is unchanging, it is mans understanding of God that changes assisted at times by revelations great and small.

Today, in order to smooth over the glaring inconsistency, Christian apologetics enlist the rationalizing technique that one might encounter at an Obama press conference.Square peg, round hole, repeat the lie enough times even sane people believe it, after all, how could so many good, well meaning religious people be wrong??? The confused must then be wrong, not the shifting sands of Hebrew history. Oh no, it’s just not possible, the Jews have never been wrong about anything! They are Gods “chosen people”….so they wrote.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
(1659.8) 148:4.1 It was the habit of Jesus two evenings each week to hold special converse with individuals who desired to talk with him, in a certain secluded and sheltered corner of the Zebedee garden. At one of these evening conversations in private Thomas asked the Master this question: “Why is it necessary for men to be born of the spirit in order to enter the kingdom? Is rebirth necessary to escape the control of the evil one? Master, what is evil?” When Jesus heard these questions, he said to Thomas:

(1660.1) 148:4.2 “Do not make the mistake of confusing evil with the evil one, more correctly the iniquitous one. He whom you call the evil one is the son of self-love, the high administrator who knowingly went into deliberate rebellion against the rule of my Father and his loyal Sons. But I have already vanquished these sinful rebels. Make clear in your mind these different attitudes toward the Father and his universe. Never forget these laws of relation to the Father’s will:

(1660.2) 148:4.3 “Evil is the unconscious or unintended transgression of the divine law, the Father’s will. Evil is likewise the measure of the imperfectness of obedience to the Father’s will.

(1660.3) 148:4.4 “Sin is the conscious, knowing, and deliberate transgression of the divine law, the Father’s will. Sin is the measure of unwillingness to be divinely led and spiritually directed.

(1660.4) 148:4.5 “Iniquity is the willful, determined, and persistent transgression of the divine law, the Father’s will. Iniquity is the measure of the continued rejection of the Father’s loving plan of personality survival and the Sons’ merciful ministry of salvation.

(1660.5) 148:4.6 “By nature, before the rebirth of the spirit, mortal man is subject to inherent evil tendencies, but such natural imperfections of behavior are neither sin nor iniquity. Mortal man is just beginning his long ascent to the perfection of the Father in Paradise. To be imperfect or partial in natural endowment is not sinful. Man is indeed subject to evil, but he is in no sense the child of the evil one unless he has knowingly and deliberately chosen the paths of sin and the life of iniquity. Evil is inherent in the natural order of this world, but sin is an attitude of conscious rebellion which was brought to this world by those who fell from spiritual light into gross darkness.

(1660.6) 148:4.7 “You are confused, Thomas, by the doctrines of the Greeks and the errors of the Persians. You do not understand the relationships of evil and sin because you view mankind as beginning on earth with a perfect Adam and rapidly degenerating, through sin, to man’s present deplorable estate. But why do you refuse to comprehend the meaning of the record which discloses how Cain, the son of Adam, went over into the land of Nod and there got himself a wife? And why do you refuse to interpret the meaning of the record which portrays the sons of God finding wives for themselves among the daughters of men?

(1660.7) 148:4.8 “Men are, indeed, by nature evil, but not necessarily sinful. The new birth — the baptism of the spirit — is essential to deliverance from evil and necessary for entrance into the kingdom of heaven, but none of this detracts from the fact that man is the son of God. Neither does this inherent presence of potential evil mean that man is in some mysterious way estranged from the Father in heaven so that, as an alien, foreigner, or stepchild, he must in some manner seek for legal adoption by the Father. All such notions are born, first, of your misunderstanding of the Father and, second, of your ignorance of the origin, nature, and destiny of man.

(1660.8) 148:4.9 “The Greeks and others have taught you that man is descending from godly perfection steadily down toward oblivion or destruction; I have come to show that man, by entrance into the kingdom, is ascending certainly and surely up to God and divine perfection. Any being who in any manner falls short of the divine and spiritual ideals of the eternal Father’s will is potentially evil, but such beings are in no sense sinful, much less iniquitous.

(1661.1) 148:4.10 “Thomas, have you not read about this in the Scriptures, where it is written: ‘You are the children of the Lord your God.’ ‘I will be his Father and he shall be my son.’ ‘I have chosen him to be my son — I will be his Father.’ ‘Bring my sons from far and my daughters from the ends of the earth; even every one who is called by my name, for I have created them for my glory.’ ‘You are the sons of the living God.’ ‘They who have the spirit of God are indeed the sons of God.’ While there is a material part of the human father in the natural child, there is a spiritual part of the heavenly Father in every faith son of the kingdom.”

Aimiel

His Word is living, your judgment of my salvation and relationship with God shows that you have an arrogance that is beyond laughable. No real disciple of the living Christ, who is present here with us, would ever make such a judgment of a brother. Looks like you are the frustrated phony.
So sorry, but your ideas 'about' The Kingdom just don't apply to The Kingdom. You believe that your false god Jebus is God, but he doesn't even exist. It is doctrines of demons you follow, not The Living Word of God. You have no salvation, since you treat Jesus' Blood as nothing and turn away from Him every chance you get. You follow what 'appears' right to you, but it isn't leading you to Life. You need to repent.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Aimiel

... even every one who is called by my name...
A quote from your own book: "Called by My Name," is very telling. You aren't Christian. You would be called by His Name if you were. Jesus' people don't follow strangers. We follow Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I'll take the "stone age" over the "urantia age" any day!

The Father

BANNED
Banned
So sorry, but your ideas 'about' The Kingdom just don't apply to The Kingdom. You believe that your false god Jebus is God, but he doesn't even exist. It is doctrines of demons you follow, not The Living Word of God. You have no salvation, since you treat Jesus' Blood as nothing and turn away from Him every chance you get. You follow what 'appears' right to you, but it isn't leading you to Life. You need to repent.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Son, you treat Jesus's "life" as nothing. Your doctrine needs Jesus killed, you need The Son of Man rejected. Rejection of Jesus doesn't give one life, belief in his life giving message of faith and redemption is what gave salvation to true believers.

Lon

I prefer more up to date real revelation.
:nono: You don't. The book is closed because Christ and His Apostles are gone.

The largest problem is how you try to equalize other writings with scripture. Prophecy from scripture HAS to be fulfilled for another prophet to come. None have since the Apostles. This is your problem of reading and discerning other religions. They are and will remain mutually exclusive. Jesus even told the disciples to do as the Pharisees preached from Scripture, just not to follow anything 'else' they did.

You haven't the authority to declare any book scripture. No man has. This is why the canon is closed, even for you. You are merely usurping the authority of God and will stand at judgment for declaring yourself guru enough to think you can. :nono: Your britches aren't big enough.

The Bible book collection don't claim divine authorship, you were indoctrinated by a bible worshiping cult.
:nono: You are writing a fantasy of all your own making. I took a class on this specific topic, did you? No? Shooting blanks in the dark? Likely. You are indoctrinated by wishful thinking and fantasy. Many will come in His name....depart, I never knew you. The book is exclusive, Caino. Men will be judged for purposefully following whims/made-up-desires instead of Christ.

Now you fear to learn more so you are stuck in the Stone Age.
Fear? "Many false will say come, here's a messiah, there's a prophet...." "Depart from me, I never knew you." Maybe you should think about being afraid to be out of His graces. :think:

You need to repent.

Status
Not open for further replies.