The Elephant In the Room

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

Talk is cheap, is love defined by emotion or by a person's actions?

According to the book of James....

Action.

If a Gay was beaten and left in the middle of the road to die, I would be called to ensure they were cared for, healed and provided for to the best of my ability.

If I was like, oh man, Fag Alert and go to the other side of the road, I would be declared failed.

If I was like, dang man. Let me pray for your unconscious, beaten, dying self.... Fail

I would then return to them, and be willing to tell them that Jesus taught me this, and I extend the Gospel to them.

And No.... I wouldn't say be straight first!

I would implore them to surrender to Jesus and trust the Holy Spirits work in their life without judgment.

Another extreme example that I draw from the book of James, the parable of Christ and a solid example of an unclean person by churchianities standards.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

theophilus

True, the law was given in love and it is about love. So what are the points that demonstrate love for neighbor?

Every man is your neighbor.

Take care of your neighbor the same way you take care of yourself; love is about putting every other person first before yourself.

Feed/clothe him.
Bind his wounds.
Mow his grass.
Fix his car.
Babysit.
Give him a ride to find a job.
Give him a couple of bucks for rent.
Wash the dishes.
Buy her a doll.
Get him a pair of glasses.

But you've got to be a giver; takers don't love very well.

The list is endless.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
What is this law of stone you refer to?

To Jews, the entire writings of Moses are the Law, and the two stones of the covenant were the sign God elected to mark them with.

This is known by Scribes as 613 Laws.

The Decalogue is included per Hebrews in specific reference to the Old, fulfilled covenant.

Consider Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy 31:26Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

26 “Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God so that it may remain there as a witness against you.

In this light......

The foundation of this is seen in Democratic Law structure.

However, Love is different. Love acts out of compassion, grace and human dignity that transcends law.

If I conduct myself out of Love, I will no longer tally my sins or the sins of others, and conduct myself in a way that radically separates myself from many.

To love those that love me is normal.

To Love those that hate me is Jesus Love.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
:thumb: Yes, James said, "But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25)

Jamie,

You are sticking this one out with helpful contribution.

I have deliberated, and since you weren't ok with the other badge.

I have deliberated...

You are awarded the badge of awesome.

8e62c03c3238604c335d4c48ceae41a3.jpg

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

All right, why did Paul say, "with such an one no not to eat," and then later on, said, "To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ?"

He explains, "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices."

Did he not know Satan's "devices," nor that commanding, "with such an one no not to eat," would give Satan "an advantage?"

:think:

Nihilo,

You have made this crystal clear.

Paul wanted to see if the church had the metal to grow.

He was pointing out sin to deflate their pride, but gave the device of shunning, and not breaking bread as a further test of their pride, and either way, it served as a strong teaching tool.

In the end.... Only one accuses, shuns and condemns ...

Paul was ultimately teaching the Corinthians as he had blasted Peter for shunning the Gentile Sinners in Galatia.

More interestingly he explains that under no circumstances do we shun the people outside of the body.

In this the message of extending the Gospel to ALL in faith, is seen here. For He did indeed die for ALL!

In this light, this is one big vault of Gospel Awesomeness!!!!!!

1 badge of Courage for Nihilo

558807785dae5662be69c1322d3b2bbb.jpg

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

It sounds like you're too focused on your sin and being a sinner. Not me, life is too short !

Patrick Jane gets a badge of courage for being such a pain in the tookas most of the time, but mischievously meaning well.

You know what I'm talking about Patrick!!

e1139f1b3978d40cd72a4134fd931b1f.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The list is endless.

Yes, the number of good deeds is endless so that doesn't constitute a good definition of love. However, love toward God and neighbor can easily be codified by ten simple instructions which comprise God's definition of love.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the number of good deeds is endless so that doesn't constitute a good definition of love. However, love toward God and neighbor can easily be codified by ten simple instructions which comprise God's definition of love.

b739c85fdf21466065c2b5d9c076538a.jpg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
26 “Take this book of the law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God so that it may remain there as a witness against you.

The Book of the Law was placed beside the ark because the injunctions were temporary. But what was placed inside the ark?

Would it be a written copy of the words God spoke to the people?

It's important to note that God's words were thundered to the people before God gave the statutes and judgments of the Book of the Law. The two are separate. One has passed, the other is forever.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

The Book of the Law was placed beside the ark because the injunctions were temporary. But what was placed inside the ark?

Would it be a written copy of the words God spoke to the people?

It's important to note that God's words were thundered to the people before God gave the statutes and judgments of the Book of the Law. The two are separate. One has passed, the other is forever.

Jamie, they are one in the same.

The stone was symbolic of the scroll.

Consider Hebrews 9

4. It contained the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which there was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron's staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.

If you're like NO way....

Read that in the context of Hebrews 8 through 10.

I promise if you do that but highlight 9:4 first, when you hit it you'll be blown away!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Do you have problems loving God or neighbor according to God's definition?

No,

But it becomes standards of judgment by religious people.

Love is the fulfillment of the Law.

Also, it is a bad practice to refer to the Stone law as related to Love.

You understand what you are saying, but many don't.

Consider 2 Cor: 3

7 Now if the ministry of death, chiseled in letters on stones, came with glory, so that the Israelites were not able to look directly at Moses’ face because of the glory from his face—a fading glory— 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness overflows with even more glory. 10 In fact, what had been glorious is not glorious now by comparison because of the glory that surpasses it. 11 For if what was fading away was glorious, what endures will be even more glorious.

12 Therefore, having such a hope, we use great boldness. 13 We are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the Israelites could not stare at the the end of what was fading away, 14 but their minds were closed.[c] For to this day, at the reading of the old covenant, the same veil remains; it is not lifted, because it is set aside only in Christ. 15 Even to this day, whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their hearts, 16 but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at[d] the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory;[e] this is from the Lord who is the Spirit.[f]

Does that distinction make it clear why I'm speaking as I do?