The Elephant In the Room

Epoisses

I don't make others do anything, therefore I'm not responsible for their actions.

The cold hearted Pharisee who sees everyone else as a sinner except themself. Poor Jamie it must be lonely for someone as perfect as you.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

One more point. Paul ensures the church doesn't get hung up on the focus of physical sin. He actually writes....

1 Cor 5

9 I wrote to you in a letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. 10 I did not mean the immoral people of this world or the greedy and swindlers or idolaters; otherwise you would have to leave the world. 11 But now I am writing[c] you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer[d] who is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or verbally abusive, a drunkard or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person. 12 For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders? Don’t you judge those who are inside? 13 But God judges outsiders. Put away the evil person from among yourselves.[e]

Note that each sin Paul lists is not taken lightly in context..... Each sin has a spiritual counterpart as well.

Sexual immorality.... Example is actually temple prostitution and Sleeping with your step mom..... Spiritual Equivalent is Being unfaithful to the message of faith and disrespecting our Spiritual Father of fathers.

Greed...... Destroying others lives for gain...... Spiritual Hoarding of salvation through faith

Idolatry....... Placing belief of man above faith in God....... Depending on anything but God for salvation

Verbally Abusive....... To hurt people and bring them down with words..... Condemning Brothers in the Flesh

Drunkard............ One Who is given to drink to the point of hurting others on a continual basis....... Judging by the old wine and leaning on self righteousness

Swindler............ One who takes from people with lies............. As we are all little children to God, consider Jesus warning that causing a little one to lose faith in Him yields a fate worse than having a milestone tied around ones neck, also stone tends to refer to the law, and being cast into the ocean...
Or cast into eternal separation or death............

Paul never taught judgment.... He was teaching preservation of the physical church, that the church would live and the message of Jesus would spread.

The only physical judgment Paul ever locked in on unapologetically level was Law based judgment that corrupted the message of PURE Faith.

Paul always taught that salvation was assured in Faith!

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Romans 13:8 Owe no man no thing but to love one another, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

Amen!

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Epoisses

"If we would judge ourselves, we need not be judged." (Paul)

But what standard must we use?

The one your cold heart rejects. Love was the sole focus of every single NT author including Jesus and James. That sounds like it might be important!!!

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I think that's judgment.

Judgment must be another homonym.

:)

No, it is speaking of breaking bread with a person that destroys others lives with their sin....

Note that he is speaking always of people that break the law of Love with their Sin!!!

Find a sin Paul points out. I gave an example.

That was destructive to that mans father.

He was not Loving by doing so.

And yet, Paul even forgives this man and explains He was testing the church physical with that letter.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No, it is speaking of breaking bread with a person that destroys others lives with their sin....

Note that he is speaking always of people that break the law of Love with their Sin!!!

Find a sin Paul points out. I gave an example.

That was destructive to that mans father.

He was not Loving by doing so.

And yet, Paul even forgives this man and explains He was testing the church physical with that letter.

Well, like I said, judgment is a homonym. If I say, "You can't break bread with me," even to a "sinner," that, to me, is judgment. Not judgment of their soul, which is I think what you mean by judgment, but judgment nonetheless.

I would perceive that as judgment, anyway. Maybe others would not.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Well, like I said, judgment is a homonym. If I say, "You can't break bread with me," even to a "sinner," that, to me, is judgment. Not judgment of their soul, which is I think what you mean by judgment, but judgment nonetheless.

You are right!

We are to indeed break bread with ALL.

I believe the context was physical preservation of the brick and mortar distribution of the gospel

Kind of like when scandal of things in the church cross the church with physical, governmental Law.

Keep on me on this one Nhilo. I need it. Don't you let up until you feel you've sharpened me up in a way where I am truthful, non-hypocritical and speak and quote in a way that glorifies God.

I am thanking you and encouraging you to be difficult with me on this matter until I seem clear and sensible, while above all being in keeping with Christ.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Yes. I was suggesting Paul taught a church preserving physical judgment that preserved the church from scandal, while maintaining grace to the soul.

Ultimately he even taught that physical shunning and not breaking bread with ANY is against Jesus teachings. He did so enormously clearly in 2 Cor 2.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yes. I was suggesting Paul taught a church preserving physical judgment that preserved the church from scandal, while maintaining grace to the soul.

Ultimately he even taught that physical shunning and not breaking bread with ANY is against Jesus teachings. He did so enormously clearly in 2 Cor 2.

It's amazing sometimes when what Paul writes sounds so Catholic.

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ."

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Elephant In the Room

It's amazing sometimes when what Paul writes sounds so Catholic.

"To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ."

Not at all.

As much as Protestants hate to admit it, Paul is the genuine foundation of the Catholic or Universal Body.

And on that note....

I went to the Greek interlinear and read 1 Cor 5 and 6

6 indeed clarifies that Paul was teaching to judge matters that Government would judge in house.

This was indeed to preserve the church from scandal.

The Concrete body is the work of Christ through Paul, while the Spiritual Body is specifically the work of Christ.

Both are necessary to reach ALL.

The concrete body is now split into over 30,000 denominations and sects.

However, the Stone that the builders rejected remains the unification of ALL.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Not at all.

As much as Protestants hate to admit it, Paul is the genuine foundation of the Catholic or Universal Body.

And on that note....

6 indeed clarifies that Paul was teaching to judge matters that Government would judge in house.

This was indeed to preserve the church from scandal.

The Concrete body is the work of Christ through Paul, while the Spiritual Body is specifically the work of Christ.

Both are necessary to reach ALL.

The concrete body is now split into over 30,000 denominations and sects.

However, the Stone that the builders rejected remains the unification of ALL.

'Can't disagree with anything there. :)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
'Can't disagree with anything there. :)

Lol!

Awwwwwww! C'mon, bring it!

Don't just let up that easy Lol...

Does that clarify the reason the word judgment is used?

Can't ya rake me over the coals on the matter?

[emoji12]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 13:8 Owe no man no thing but to love one another, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

True, the law was given in love and it is about love. So what are the points that demonstrate love for neighbor?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Lol!

Awwwwwww! C'mon, bring it!

Don't just let up that easy Lol...

Does that clarify the reason the word judgment is used?

Can't ya rake me over the coals on the matter?

[emoji12]

All right, why did Paul say, "with such an one no not to eat," and then later on, said, "To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ?"

He explains, "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices."

Did he not know Satan's "devices," nor that commanding, "with such an one no not to eat," would give Satan "an advantage?"

:think:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
True, the law was given in love and it is about love. So what are the points that demonstrate love for neighbor?

Jamie,

From my personal expression of my understanding of Jesus,

Law of Stone is unyielding. Literally of the properties of stone,

While Love and Loving forgiveness is the literal standard that we discern by.

This is hard, as the concrete establishment tends to teach all types of people to judge and shun.

To go to the extreme of the answer, I submit to you an extreme analogy.

I wouldn't try to break a convicted ax murderer out of prison and condemn the Law for convicting them,

But I might go sit down with them in a controlled environment of prison, eat with them and be ready to explain why I'm there in the first place.

To go further, if they killed my entire family, God would understand that I was Angry at them beyond measure, but God would ask that I initiate the forgiveness process to the point of again being willing to visit them in a controlled environment and forgiving them to their face.

This would be the extreme example.

Stupid?

Or sensible?