The Elephant In the Room

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The law defines God's definition of love.

Jamie,

Will you please read this and tell me what you think.

Please. You can use the same scripture to blast me back if you think I am lying. Pretty please with respect on top?

I'm referring you to scripture.

Jamie, they are one in the same.

The stone was symbolic of the scroll.

Consider Hebrews 9

4. It contained the gold altar of incense and the ark of the covenant, covered with gold on all sides, in which there was a gold jar containing the manna, Aaron's staff that budded, and the tablets of the covenant.

If you're like NO way....

Read that in the context of Hebrews 8 through 10.

I promise if you do that but highlight 9:4 first, when you hit it you'll be blown away!

And lastly, read....

2 Cor 2: 7 - 18

Keep in mind:

1 Cor. 15:

When this corruptible is clothed
with incorruptibility,
and this mortal is clothed
with immortality,
then the saying that is written will take place:
Death has been swallowed up in victory.[o]
55 Death, where is your victory?
Death, where is your sting?[p]

56 Now the sting of death is sin,
and the power of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ!
58 Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Consider 2 Cor 3:7 Now if the ministry of death, chiseled in letters on stones...

Paul explains what he meant by ministry of death. It was because of the commandments that Paul died. He died to sin.

What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”

But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came sin revived and I died. And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment deceived me and by it killed me. (Romans 7:7-11)

For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. (Romans 8:13)​

Epoisses

The covenant was placed inside the ark of the covenant, the Book of the Law was placed beside the ark.

Do you not see the difference?

The decalogue or the ten commandments were a summary of the Torah or the letter of the law. The letter brings death but the Spirit brings life. Paul is clear that the law is spiritual and this spiritual understanding is best defined by the love of God written in the heart. An outward obedience by the letter cannot save but having the inward transformation by the Spirit does.