Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The higher you climb in altitude the more the earth, if a ball, would fall away from you. When you see the horizon rise up to you at high altitude that is a fact of geometry that you are looking at an extended flat plain.

This is how the earth looks at high altitude with out wide angle or fish eye lenses or photo shop.

View attachment 25481

--Dave

P.S. Toward the end of the video of the Virgin Galactic flight you can see the horizon bend and see that it is a flat horizon.

I also work with a Paint program. This is a computer altered image. It isn't an actual photo.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are wrong Dave.

Even at that relatively low altitude you can see the curvature of the earth.

In my attachment the green line is flat. The pink link is directly placed on the earth's surface.
In the Navy I have flown a number of times in the P-3 Orion. From that plane I could see the curvature of the Earth.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If any of you get a chance, check out the moon tonight. It should rise around midnight. Notice the angle of the sunlight shining on the moon...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
NASA Rocket at 300,000 feet, reveals the Edge of the Flat Earth See the shocking Video Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AksyhvNP1g

Everyone notice there is absolutely no movement of earth under any high altitude video accept from the ISS.

--Dave

Oh my gosh! I am holding back here from calling you a complete ignoramus Dave, and I don't believe that to be the case but, you certainly have been deceived, I am really surprised you have fallen for such an elaborate hoax/conspiracy theory. I have to ask what is the end game with this notion? What is the premise that you are supporting with this nonsense? I have made some comments below to this video you posted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AksyhvNP1g), you seem invested into this lie so, I am not going to spend much time on it because Berean has given you enough of actual orbital science to disprove this ignorant illogical fabrication already.

1) It is absolutely clear from the video that the earth is a sphere, and the goofy line the wannabe scientist commentator draws even shows the curvature...just dumb really. :nono:

2) Whoever made the uninformed commentary to this video has never witnessed a launch clearly... the water for the "really big show" as he calls it, is sound suppression, the shock wave from a launch can blow out windows miles away, and cause destruction the the flight vehicle itself so, if the shock wave is not suppressed bad things can happen, it really is a standard procedure to flood the flame trench during engine ignition & launch. The comment asking why a camera is placed on the solid motor & not the orbiter shows really the ignorance of the commentator to understand what he is commenting on. The video is shows more than one camera after separation, given they pan back and forth from the orbiter camera and again to the motor falling back to earth, and yes, science even wants to witness, take data, & record the solid motor's trip back to earth being the motor casings are refurbished and reloaded with solid fuel for a later flight. Witnessing the descent is good data, I am sure there are accelerometers, strain gauges, potentiometers, pressure transducers and other data collection telemetry attached as well...this guy really shouldn't comment on what he doesn't understand, it just makes him & the video commentary all the more foolish. There are cameras & microphones everywhere on these NASA & commercial launches, they even have cameras that watch satellite separation into geosyncronous orbit as far away as 23,000 miles from earth in some cases. I have took the liberty of loading such a video for you below which clearly shows the earth is a sphere.

3) This genius commenting then asserts his next fallacy concerning the speed of the of the flight article which really takes the cake...It begs the question do you always believe everything you see on the internet Dave? The orbiter is actually traveling at 17,500 mph to not only reach orbit but, to maintain it, or did you believe that gravity does not effect satellites? Do you even believe in the force of gravity? The shuttle, or any rocket is traveling at the speed of sound within seconds of launch and is traveling at escape speed 17,500 mph to achieve orbit within 3 minutes, the guy commenting on the video supplied is either purposely or willfully ignorant of space launch.

When you are actually ready to observe an actual satellite launch video that goes way beyond the ISS/low earth orbit, and shows the sphere that is the earth, than watch this video. This video shows from launch, to first stage separation, fairing jettison, second stage traveling ever further away from earth into a geosynchronous orbit, and satellite separation. You will see the entire earth clearly from a distance far enough away to observe the earth is a sphere. I actually worked this launch...enjoy.

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh my gosh! I am holding back here from calling you a complete ignoramus Dave, I am really surprised you have fallen for such an elaborate hoax/conspiracy theory. I have to ask what is the end game with this notion? I have made some comments below to this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AksyhvNP1g) you posted, you seem invested into this lie so, I am not going to spend much time on it because Berean has given you enough of actual orbital science to disprove this ignorant illogical fabrication already.

1) It is absolutely clear from the video that the earth is a sphere, and the goofy line the wannabe scientist commentator draws even shows the curvature...just dumb really. :nono:

2) Whoever made the uninformed commentary to this video has never witnessed a launch clearly... the water for the "really big show" as he calls it, is sound suppression, the shock wave from a launch can blow out windows miles away, and cause destruction the the flight vehicle itself so, if the shock wave is not suppressed bad things can happen, it really is a standard procedure to flood the flame trench during engine ignition & launch. The comment asking why a camera is placed on the solid motor & not the orbiter shows really the ignorance of the commentator to understand what he is commenting on. The video is shows more than one camera after separation, given they pan back and forth from the orbiter camera and again to the motor falling back to earth, and yes, science even wants to witness, take data, & record the solid motor's trip back to earth being the motor casings are refurbished and reloaded with solid fuel for a later flight. Witnessing the descent is good data, I am sure there are accelerometers, strain gauges, potentiometers, pressure transducers and other data collection telemetry attached as well...this guy really shouldn't comment on what he doesn't understand, it just makes him & the video commentary all the more foolish. There are cameras & microphones everywhere on these NASA & commercial launches, they even have cameras that watch satellite separation into geosyncronous orbit as far away as 23,000 miles from earth in some cases. I have took the liberty of loading such a video for you below which clearly shows the earth is a sphere.

3) This genius commenting then asserts his next fallacy concerning the speed of the of the flight article which really takes the cake...It begs the question do you always believe everything you see on the internet Dave? The orbiter is actually traveling at 17,500 mph to not only reach orbit but, to maintain it, or did you believe that gravity does not effect satellites? Do you even believe in the force of gravity? The shuttle, or any rocket is traveling at the speed of sound within seconds of launch and is traveling at escape speed 17'500 mph to achieve orbit within 3 minutes, the guy commenting on the video supplied is either purposely or willfully ignorant of space launch.

When you are actually ready to observe an actual satellite launch video that goes way beyond the ISS/low earth orbit, and shows the sphere that is the earth, than watch this video. This video shows from launch, to first stage separation, fairing jettison, second stage traveling ever further away from earth into a geosynchronous orbit, and satellite separation. You will see the entire earth clearly from a distance far enough away to observe the earth is a sphere. I actually worked this launch...enjoy.

Why do I have to keep explaining what a debate is???

I already posted this to you, here it is again:

All arguments "to the man", or "to the majority", and "to the expert" will be considered logical fallacies and dismissed by me. Good arguments in favor of globe earth that are made in regard to flat earth are what I want to see. I would like to see if flat earth can be defeated in an acceptable way with out using thought experiment and assumptions that all physics and all astronomy simply affirm the static quo. There are a number of contradictions in globe earth and we went to the moon that do not make any sense at all.

I will point out all contradictory and imagined thought projections that prove nothing. The theory of evolution is all about imagined evidence that prove nothing. I want to make sure that my cosmology is not built on the same.

I will make the case for flat earth and you can make it for the globe model.

Name calling is not an argument, make your point without them or go away.

--Dave

P.S. Sorry, I had posted that to some one else but the same applies to everyone.

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see how this works... I prove you wrong.... you ignore my proof and just keep spitting out flat earth propaganda. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

By the way... Dave what makes you think the image you posted isn't photoshoppped? It appears manipulated to me. And just so you know... I work in Photoshop daily and have taught dozen's of communications workers and artists how to use Photoshop. I may not know everything... but I know Photoshop.

Only videos will tell us if a wide angle or fish eye lens is being used because we will see the horizon bend back and forth. A photo freezes a single frame and does not tell us what kind of lens is being used.

I agree that contradictory photos and video means some one is not telling the truth. That's why I spend a lot of time viewing video from both sides. We have to find a way to discern fake ones from a real ones.

I take the advantage of neutrality. I'm not biased. I want a good debate, educate myself more on this subject, evaluate the evidence from both sides and see how it all pans out. I argue on behave of flat earth because someone has to or there would be no debate.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These two 11-year old girls launched a GoPro camera to the edge of space using a balloon. You can see the curvature of the Earth. Obviously the video is fake and the girls as Chinese operatives.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/these-...craft-into-the-upper-atmosphere-this-weekend/

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/two-se...-this-weekend-and-have-the-video-to-prove-it/

This sure looks like a flat horizon to me.

View attachment 25484

You can see the effect of the GoPro fish eye lens. The horizon is in fact flat and the earth is absolutely stationary from this video.

--Dave

The Berean

If you dismiss "experts" then why to post videos made by flat earth theory "experts", Dave? It's obvious that you deny experts because they refute your baseless claims. I have posted lots of info about geosynchronous telecommunications satellites. The fact that I am an expert on these types of satellites is irrelevant to my argument. All geosynchronous telecommunications satellites are designed to operate on the initial premise that the Earth is a globe. They would not work otherwise. Companies pay hundreds of millions of dollars to have geosynchronous satellites built. These customers expect to reap large profits from the operation of these satellites. None of these facts require expert knowledge. I have posted about how the pointing of the satellite is crucial to its operation and one way a satellite keeps itself pointing in the right direction is to scan for the Earth's curvature. If the Earth is flat then the Earth Sensor is useless. I asked how can a geosynchronous satellite operate over a flat Earth. You have not even addressed this simple question, Dave.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.