ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

:up:

Yes, he is quite a caring shepherd of God's little flock.

I am more of an attack dog, methinks...
I do care, even for the snoutlinesses of the MAD crowd here...
But I hate lies, so I can and do bite back...

So wha'd'ya think, Woman?

Should I change my AVATAR?

A couple of nice Borzois might do the trick...

RUSSIAN ORTHODOX WOLF-HOUNDS they be...

In Russia, in order to be entered into a dog show, they have to have documented kills of wolves...

And they are such SWEET thangs!

I mean, go figure!

Arsenios

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am more of an attack dog, methinks...
I do care, even for the snoutlinesses of the MAD crowd here...
But I hate lies, so I can and do bite back...

So wha'd'ya think, Woman?

Should I change my AVATAR?

A couple of nice Borzois might do the trick...

RUSSIAN ORTHODOX WOLF-HOUNDS they be...

In Russia, in order to be entered into a dog show, they have to have documented kills of wolves...

And they are such SWEET thangs!

I mean, go figure!

Arsenios

I consider you more a guard dog . . If we must stick with this metaphor! :chuckle:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is the responsibility and role of all shepherds, to keep the sheep within the fold.

The sheep are easily lured astray, but the shepherds' rod and staff keep them in safety.

I believe the rod and staff signify the Holy Scriptures. Psalm 23

shepherds?

there is only one shepherd
and
only one flock

Nang

TOL Subscriber
shepherds?

there is only one shepherd
and
only one flock

There is only one flock of sheep that belong to the Master, and Jesus Christ is the true and good Shepherd, but He has anointed many of His servants to be under-shepherds of His own.

See John 21:15-17

john w

Hall of Fame
Your fangs are exposing themselves dripping their poison, John...

Sheep have nothing to fear from you wolves...

But the wolves like you HAVE TO attack the sheep...

Lest you STARVE TO DEATH...

Sheep don't attack...

Wolves do...

Sheep just speak the Truth...

IF you are attacking, as you say you are, then you are the Wolf...

Arsenios

That's your best shot/volley, sport? Tell me that you have more than a slew of cliches, and stock stumpers, and psycho babble, and emotional pleas/ramblings/pinings............

You showed me, little one. Weighty.

john w

Hall of Fame
That dodge won't work, John... At least Heir put up a list of passages with explanations that were THOUGHT to be irreconciliable differences... Which were not...

You have to show it from contrasting passages, how Paul's Gospel contradicts Peter's Gospel...

And this you CANNOT do...

Arsenios

Did the clown, in a clown outfit, our hero, address my rebuttal, to his "argument?" Nope.

Show us Peter saying anything other than the good news of what Judas preached, while the Lord Jesus Christ was on earth, for 3 or so years.

You cannot prove that Peter teaches anything different from what Judas preached re. this "gospel"/good news...........You cannot show EVEN ONE PASSAGE where Peter teaches ANY contrary doctrine to what Judas preached, or the other 10, while the Lord Jesus Christ was on earth.

CAN YOU?

Let's all SEE what ya GOT re. your saint Judas.So it is time to put up.

You:

I thought so.

john w

Hall of Fame
The topic is Peter and Paul's teachings, and do they contradict?...

You are navel-gazing into Judas and having dreams of silver investing...

Staying on topic is a good thing...

Arsenios

Does your saint Judas, and the gospel he was told to preach, contradict the same good news, Peter was told to preach, while the Lord Jesus Christ was on earth?

Let's go, sport.

john w

Hall of Fame
The topic is Peter and Paul's teachings, and do they contradict?...

You are navel-gazing into Judas and having dreams of silver investing...

Staying on topic is a good thing...

Arsenios

Nope. I'm the director here, and you are the dancer. And I stay on topic, which is this-your "argument" that there is just one piece of good news in the book-"the SAME Gospel."

Show us where your saint Judas did not preach:

"Hey, everyone!!!! Good news!!! The master is going to die for our sins...be buried...rise again the third day!!!! Believe this good news to be saved/justified!! Well, I gotta go, as my stock broker told me to buy a little silver, as the charts suggest a bull market in silver................"

I will wait...for an eternity.

john w

Hall of Fame
Looking down your snout you see only another meal...

Wolves attack...

You are attacking...

Sheep do not...

We witness the Truth...

To witness is to martyr...
It is DEMONS who hurl accusations...

Dia Bolos... By means of hurling...

The game is up, John...

Your juvenile attack mode won't work here...

But your prayers for me might...

Will YOU pray for ME?

Or do you NOT believe Paul?

I am praying for YOU, John...

Aarsenios

No, I attack wolf-ette's, such as you, to protect the sheep/babes, from those molars of yours.

"I am praying for YOU, John..."-drone

The old reliable, "oh so spiritual," "We will pray for you, my dear misguided MAD wacko, John."

Save it, as I need no wolf "prayers."

Can you dig it, wolfie? Good!

Followed by his "knock out punch:"

"Or do you NOT believe Paul?"-you

Wow! You stunned me, as I never heard that one before.

Try this: Don't you believe the bible/God?

I just went over the top, droid.

"It is DEMONS who hurl accusations..."-you

He, on record, calling the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul, Peter...........DEMONS.

Your father the devill has taught you well.

Mocking You

Peter is speaking to members of the House of Israel, and preaching
the "Kingdom Message!" Whereas, Paul is preaching the "Grace
Message" to the gentiles! Therein, lies the difference!

OK, a couple questions.

Is it possible for modern day Jews to become saved by reading Old Testament prophecies of Messiah and by reading the four Gospels?

If you were witnessing to a Jew what message would you use?

Will the Jews converted on Pentecost be in Heaven with saints converted during the Reformation? Or are there two Heavens?

Mocking You

Here are some things that are different:

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Good points. But isn't simply a matter of the speaker knowing the audience and along with the Holy Spirit tailoring the message to them?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
OK, a couple questions.

Is it possible for modern day Jews to become saved by reading Old Testament prophecies of Messiah and by reading the four Gospels?

If you were witnessing to a Jew what message would you use?

Will the Jews converted on Pentecost be in Heaven with saints converted during the Reformation? Or are there two Heavens?

are you conducting an interview ? - :patrol:

Mocking You

Peter preached a murder indictment to all the house of Israel. He did not glory in the cross. He preached it as a shame. And did you notice, Peter did NOT preach "that Christ died for our sins"?!

Well, that particular phrase was not mentioned in Acts 2, it is true. However, John the Baptist proclaimed, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" I'm sure that was brought up amongst the apostles and was known to them.

Also, here is Peter, speaking to Jews:

Acts 2:38 "...for the remission of sins..."

Acts 3:19 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out"

Acts 5:31 "...that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins."

And when Paul is preaching to Jews in the synagogue at Pisidian Antioch he says:

Acts 13:37 But the one whom God raised from the dead did not see decay. 38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you.

Mocking You

Mocking You said:
But isn't it simply a matter of the speaker knowing the audience and along with the Holy Spirit tailoring the message to them?

Simply, No - :patrol:

So, what about?:

1 Cor. 19-22 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.

Status
Not open for further replies.