ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did the Lord tell them that the Kingdom was not going to be restored to Israel?

That is not the point.

The verses show that the Kingdom of God which Jesus was teaching his disciples about was not about the millennium kingdom.

Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Jesus could not have been speaking of a supposed Jewish millennium, when He was speaking of the Kingdom of God, now could He?

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This:

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever....

Acts 2

29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,

I understand the strategy of the perverts. What else can you possibly say, other than it doesn't mean what it says? Because we know what it says.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Luke 24:25-27
Then He (Jesus) said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! "Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things?

Why was Jesus asking questions about his suffering and glorification?
Why was Jesus frustrated about the disciples not understanding Paul's gospel?
LOL
That's not the gospel of Christ

heir

TOL Subscriber
The good news of the coming Kingdom being near is the end result and the means of its coming and how people may enter is all the same message of the gospel.

Wise men knew all along what the sacrifices of the Temple meant.

LA
Paul's gospel was a mystery Romans 16:25-27 KJV and the Bible tells us why 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV. Why do you resist the truth? Why do you call Paul a liar?

heir

TOL Subscriber
In acts chapter 2 Peter declared to the 3000 just who Jesus really was and what had resulted through his death and His ascension.

They asked "what shall we do" to be saved from their own death sentence I presume.

Peter told them how to be saved.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

LA
What's a religious, but lost person like you to do? There's no mention there of the why of the cross/no gospel of Christ!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Pauls ministry was mainly for those who already believed the gospel.
More lies from LA Lost.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Romans 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Romans 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Romans 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Romans 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 1:8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 1:9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

Romans 1:10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.

Romans 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;

Romans 1:12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Romans 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Romans 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

Romans 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Patrick, check it out!

However other men also planted and Paul did not have anything to do with it--
1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Notice that Apollos was an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, instructed in the way of the Lord, and knew only the baptism of John until Priscilla and Aquila expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly!

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

LA lost would have you to believe that they all preached the same thing, but there was Apollos who had to have the way of God expounded unto him more perfectly!

Rom 15:20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
If it was all the same as you religious, but lost folk say, what would be the big deal?

So to say Paul was the first, is just another deception to distance oneself from Acts 2:38, which Paul himself preached to the Eph 12 in acts ch 19.
1 Timothy 1:16 KJV

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
LA

"Ye men of Israel and your children"

"all that are afar off" =

Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Acts 2 is specifically and only to Israel according to OT prophecy concerning Israel and has nothing to do with the nations/gentiles.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What's a religious, but lost person like you to do? There's no mention there of the why of the cross/no gospel of Christ!

You can have your opinion of my salvation, but it has no bearing on what is written.

It might not have occurred to you that you are blind the gospel written in Acts ch 2.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Patrick, check it out!

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Notice that Apollos was an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, instructed in the way of the Lord, and knew only the baptism of John until Priscilla and Aquila expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly!

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

LA lost would have you to believe that they all preached the same thing, but there was Apollos who had to have the way of God expounded unto him more perfectly!

If it was all the same as you religious, but lost folk say, what would be the big deal?

1 Timothy 1:16 KJV

Apollos was not one of the 12 apostles.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, ist isn't.

No, they didn't.

Wise men of the OT taught the people the meaning of the sacrifices.

It was their job.

It is wrong to think that all generations of Israel were blind to spiritual truths.

When they turned away from the Lord then they became blind, and it is in regard to the apostasies that much of the written word addressed.

Eze 43:10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
Eze 43:11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Ye men of Israel and your children"

"all that are afar off" =

Dan 9:7 O Lord, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee.

Acts 2 is specifically and only to Israel according to OT prophecy concerning Israel and has nothing to do with the nations/gentiles.

Israel was scattered throughout the world and they became known as Jews as it was in Esther's time.

God's nation was judged and the remnant scattered into all the world with the gospel.

They first went to the Jews and then to the non-jews.

If the Jews became Christians then they went to the people among whom they dwelt.

All those who received the gospel of Christ, regardless of their flesh, became the people of God, under one covenant, and one King.

It is they who will be gathered by Christ when He comes.

There will not be a return to the flesh divisions of the people of God.

1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You can have your opinion of my salvation, but it has no bearing on what is written.

It might not have occurred to you that you are blind the gospel written in Acts ch 2.

LA

Only reprobates were/are kept from knowing and believing the Gospel of God. Isaiah 6:9-10

MADists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its entirety; therefore, they fall into the camp of unbelievers left in their unbelief.

God has ordained this particular judgment, as it has recently been revealed big-time and first-hand on TOL, and nothing is going to change what God has decreed to happen in time, from before the beginning of time, to those who deny the good news of His Son coming to redeem and reconcile His elect church to the Father.

The true sons of God, who believe by faith in the eternal Decrees and the Covenant Gospel of Grace, promised and provided by God, since the beginning of time, will praise God for seeing His Sovereign will performed and come to pass . . . no matter how badly this web site falls into heresy.

Status
Not open for further replies.