the church

Cruciform

The simple fact that your chosen devil-made sect denies the sufficiency of Jesus' death for sin and ADDS its own requirements.
I categorically deny your misrepresentation of Catholic doctrine here. Catholic teaching in no way "denies the sufficiency of Jesus' death." Your description here is merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part. Sorry for your confusion.

Cruciform

you just reported cruciform for saying man-made...
On what possible basis could he deny this fact? His chosen non-Catholic denomination/sect is demonstrably man-made, as all non-Catholic religious groups invented over the past five centuries unequivocally are. :doh:

Last edited:

HisServant

The Greek word ecclesia is rendered in English as "assembly," "community," or "church." All three mean roughly the same thing.

Nope... it certainly doesnt mean church.

It denotes a self governing community called together for a temporary purppse by a king... in our case Jesus...

You are not self governing... you are told what to think and what to do. Under penalty of your soul.

Cruciform

Nope... it certainly doesnt mean church.
F. Reinecker & C. Rogers, Linguistic Key to the Greek New Testament (Zondervan, 1980), p. 49:
ecclesia: "assembly, church."​

Note that this comes from decidedly Protestant Greek scholars, and from a distinctly Protestant publisher. So much for your above claim.

HisServant

F. Reinecker & C. Rogers, Linguistic Key to the Greek New Testament (Zondervan, 1980), p. 49:
ecclesia: "assembly, church."​

Note that this comes from decidedly Protestant Greek scholars, and from a distinctly Protestant publisher. So much for your above claim.

Why should I take their word for it? Any idiot can write a book or create a church....and get idiots like you to follow them!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church teaches
-that we might be saved
-paul teaches
-that we might be saved
-might means
-that it is conditional

Cruciform

Why should I take their word for it?
Because they are academically qualified Greek scholars (and Protestants to boot!), and you decidedly are not. I can quote several additional non-Catholic Greek scholars on this point as well if you like. Shall I, then?

Any idiot can write a book or create a church...
And any idiot can try to promote his own ignorance over the specialized knowledge of academically qualified Greek experts, but nobody's going to buy it for a moment. Better quit while you're ahead, friend. You're just embarrassing yourself.

KingdomRose

The scriptures plainly say that when Jesus died on the cross, he went to prison where those spirits were, those who died long ago. Jesus went back to the first people and first sinners. Jesus filled the universe.

That's where you keep messing up. I asked you to quote the scripture that says that Jesus went to the prison of those spirits who DIED. Where does it say they DIED? Is that hard to understand?

KingdomRose

peter had a sense of humor
-he sent his greetings from babylon

What is humorous about that? For several centuries there were Jews in Babylon, where the majority stayed even after Cyrus gave them permission to go back to Jerusalem. It makes sense that Peter would go to visit them in Babylon.

KingdomRose

Catholics certainly do not "worship idols." Indeed, the Catechism of the Catholic Church condemns idolatry in no uncertain terms. Sorry for your confusion.

I have a very nice picture of the Pope kissing a big crucifix, and also one of him kneeling before a statue of Mary. If you don't think that's idol worship, I wonder what you do call it.

KingdomRose

One has nothing to do with the other. For example, most abuse victims are molested by family members. So much for your utterly false assumption.

That is true....the molestation problem has nothing to do with priests not being married. The Catholic priesthood is a magnet for pedophiles, because they know they will be working in parishes teeming with children.

KingdomRose

Straw Man Fallacy. Try again. :yawn:

2,000 years of history proves that a straw man has nothing to do with it. Open your eyes. You can't see the widespread abuse of children? It's all over the world! You aren't aware of popes murdering and fornicating to gain and keep power and wealth?

Sheesh! Research RODRIGO BORGIA and see what you come up with.

KingdomRose

The opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted. :yawn:

Your man-made religion, invented 2,000 years ago---the great apostacy that Jesus and his disciples warned about---is the religion that spawned that non-Catholic sect. It's just like you, except its politics are a little different. Same doctrines. Just no pope.

KingdomRose

If the Catholic church were the "true church" they'd be preaching the "Grace Gospel" that was preached by the Apostle Paul. After all, Paul received the Gospel for today from the ascended Christ Himself.

Indeed. And Paul preached the necessity of doing good works as well.

How can you twist this?

"[God] will render to each person according to his deeds: to those who by perseverance in doing good, seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life....Glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." (Romans 2:6,7,10, NASB)

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5:10)

"So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12)

"Faithful is the saying, and concerning these things I desire you to make firm assertions constantly, in order that those who have believed God may keep their minds on maintaining fine works. These things are fine and beneficial to men." (Titus 3:8)

"Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into [God's] rest, for fear anyone should fall in the same pattern of disobedience." (Hebrews 4:11)

"You have need of endurance, in order that, after you have done the will of God, you may receive the fulfillment of the promise." (Hebrews 10:36)