the church

Cruciform

Augustine interpreting Matt 16:18 like a Protestant...
You're daft. Augustine believed and defended the Catholic teaching on the papacy, as is readily apparent with even a cursory look at his writings.

"In the Catholic Church, there are many other things which most justly keep me in her bosom. The consent of peoples and nations keeps me in the Church; so does her authority, inaugurated by miracles, nourished by hope, enlarged by love, established by age. The succession of priests keeps me, beginning from the very seat of the Apostle Peter, to whom the Lord, after His resurrection, gave it in charge to feed His sheep (Jn 21:15-19), down to the present episcopate."

~ St. Augustine (354–430), Against the Epistle of Manichaeus called Fundamental, chapter 4: Proofs of the Catholic Faith

"If the very order of episcopal succession is to be considered, how much more surely, truly, and safely do we number them from Peter himself, to whom as to one representing the whole Church, the Lord said, 'Upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not conquer it .' Peter was succeeded by Linus, Linus by Clement, Clement by Anacletus, Anacletus by Evaristus, Evaristus by Sixtus, Sixtus by Telesphorus, Telesphorus by Hyginus, Hyginus by Anicetus, Anicetus by Pius, Pius by Soter, Soter by Alexander, Alexander by Victor, Victor by Zephyrinus, Zephyrinus by Callistus, Callistus by Urban, Urban by Pontianus, Pontianus by Anterus, Anterus by Fabian, Fabian by Cornelius, Cornelius by Lucius, Lucius by Stephen, Stephen by Sixtus, Sixtus by Dionysius, Dionysius by Felix, Felix by Eutychian, Eutychian by Caius, Caius by Marcellus, Marcellus by Eusebius, Eusebius by Melchiades, Melchiades by Sylvester, Sylvester by Mark, Mark by Julius, Julius by Liberius, Liberius by Damasus, Damasus by Siricius, Siricius by Anastasius. In order of succession not a Donatist bishop is to be found" [53, 1, 2].

"In the first place, I want you to hold as basic to this discussion that our Lord Jesus Christ, as He Himself said in the Gospel, subjected us to His yoke and to His burden, which are light. He has therefore obliged the society of His new people [New Covenant people] to the Sacraments, very few in number, very easy of observance, and most sublime in meaning. Such, for example is Baptism, consecrated in the name of the Trinity; the Communion of His Body and Blood and whatever else is commended in the canonical Scriptures, except those things which are read in the five books of Moses [Old Covenant sacraments], which imposed on the old people [Old Covenant people] a servitude in accord with their hearts and the prophetic times in which they lived. But in regard to those observances which we carefully attend and the whole world keeps, and which derive not from Scripture but from Tradition [Apostolic Tradition], we are given to understand that they are recommended and ordained to be kept, either by the Apostles themselves or by plenary councils, the authority of which is quite vital to the Church [assuming here the guidance of the Holy Spirit for the Church] [54, 5, 7].

~ St. Augustine, Letter to Generosus [400 A.D.] on Apostolic Succession​

Also see THIS.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Sure I do, as much as you or any Protestant, anyway.

Rather, I trust apostolic Tradition.

"Scripture alone" (sola scriptura) is itself an unbiblical tradition of men, as is decisively demonstrated HERE. So much, then, for your claim.
1763za_by_thatwaslefthanded_da9jxfe.png

God's Truth

Quite irrelevant.

"We must always obey Jesus....We must always obey everything Jesus says...I always obey Jesus..."-you

Sell all you have-"everything...always..."

Scammer. Fraud.

How is it not relevant that Paul says you would have to pass the test to see if you are saved and the test being that of obedience in everything?

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How is it not relevant that Paul says you would have to pass the test to see if you are saved and the test being that of obedience in everything?

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.
:nono:

God's Truth

:doh:

All the scriptures that say 'obey'---those scriptures do NOT nullify the scriptures that say 'believe'.

No kidding. We have to believe AND obey if we want to be saved.

You said believing is all that matters. That is not true.

Catholics sin against God because they do not obey God.

Obeying God is what separates the saved from the unsaved.

Catholics do things that God says not to do.

Can you imagine the Catholic church in the New Testament times?

Jesus says do not call anyone 'father', because they are brothers in Christ.

The Catholics call all their priests 'father', and the "fathers" call each other 'father'.

Jesus says not to do that.

The Bible clearly says no images and do not bow to it. The Catholic bow to their images, i.e. pictures, and statues.

The Bible says only bow to God.

The Catholics bow to their pope, they bow to statues and pictures, they even bow to the decayed body remains of other humans.

Not even the angels of God were to be bowed to, but Catholics do what God hates and bows to mere men and even images made of wood, stone, and paper.

Jesus speaks against the long flowing robes and taking the seat of most importance.

The Catholic's pope has all kinds of long flowing robes, extravagant hats, and even a special seat of most importance.

09-1n003-pope1_-c-300x3001.jpg

09-1n003-pope2_-c-300x3001.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church survived
-the church survived constantinople
-the church survived luther
-the church survived henry
-the church survived islam
-the church survived homosexual priests
-the gates of hell will not prevail against it

God's Truth

If you want to be elected by God, that is evidence that you are elect. It is the indifference and unbelief and "No Thanks" that show that you have not yet been regenerated, but there is always hope that you might turn until the final breath

Believing and obeying Jesus is proof we are saved.

However, a person can be ensnared by the devil to do his works and that is the works of believing and spreading false doctrines.

God's Truth

the church survived
-the church survived constantinople
-the church survived luther
-the church survived henry
-the church survived islam
-the church survived homosexual priests
-the gates of hell will not prevail against it

You do not even think about what you believe and teach.

GATES of Hell means keeping someone IN Hell.

Jesus was the one in Hell and those gates could not keep him there, for he rose out of Hell, the gates of Hell could not keep him in, and he rose even in his body.

You keep repeating untruths. Aren't you tired yet of believing in doctrines of demons? Don't you want God's Truth? Can you give up all that pompous Catholic lies and come to the Truth?