-the gospel is the good news
-that you might be saved
-even paul says it
-it is right there in your bible
-you might be saved
-but
-you have to walk the talk

Col 1:13

Playing Mexican standoff with Bible verses, instead of even trying to reconcile apparent discrepancies, only proves you don't really believe it.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I want you to tell us what it means so I can correct you.
You incorrectly suggest people to use self powered free will to desire something spiritually. How free is the will? The fact is, free will is a myth & a human invention. Let's explain. Say I want to lose weight, but I also want a 20oz prime rib with a baked potato, lots of butter. I also want the cheese fries with the oh so important extra bacon. I want two contradictory things. Which one will my will choose?
My will will choose the one I desire the most. If my desire to lose weight exceeds my desire to eat fattening foods I will choose that. But if my desire for that prime rib exceeds my desire for losing weight I will choose the Prime rib. So in reality my will is in subjection to the thing I desire the most.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Jesus does NOT save anyone by faith alone.

If you want to be elected by God, that is evidence that you are elect. It is the indifference and unbelief and "No Thanks" that show that you have not yet been regenerated, but there is always hope that you might turn until the final breath

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Never listen to a man---like musterion---who has no idea what he's talking about, and enjoys repeatedly committing the rational error known as the Genetic Fallacy. :doh:

For actual information on the bishop's mitre, see THIS.
Never listen to you. Jesus made over 100 references to scripture. Jesus never relies upon oral traditions but scripture alone. Let's follow the Lord's pattern of relying upon scripture!

"Have you not read" Matthew 12:3
"have you not read in the Law" Matthew 12:5
"Did you never read in the Scriptures" Matthew 21:42

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You first.
Augustine interpreting Matt 16:18 like a Protestant and not like the popes religion claiming the Rock is Christ and the church is built on Peter's confession and not on Peter.
"For before he was called Simon. Now this name of Peter was given him by the Lord, and that in a figure, that he should signify the Church. For seeing that Christ is the rock (Petra), Peter is the Christian people. For the rock (Petra) is the original name. Therefore Peter is so called from the rock; not the rock from Peter; as Christ is not called Christ from the Christian, but the Christian from Christ. Therefore, he says, You are Peter; and upon this Rock which you have confessed, upon this Rock which you have acknowledged, saying, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God, will I build My Church; that is upon Myself, the Son of the living God, will I build My Church. I will build you upon Myself, not Myself upon you.
2. For men who wished to be built upon men, said, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas, who is Peter. But others who did not wish to be built upon Peter, but upon the Rock, said, But I am of Christ. And when the Apostle Paul ascertained that he was chosen, and Christ despised, he said, Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? And, as not in the name of Paul, so neither in the name of Peter; but in the name of Christ: that Peter might be built upon the Rock, not the Rock upon Peter."
Augustine--Sermon 26 Ch. 1 & 2

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, me too! :up:

Of course, you---like everyone else on the planet who reads the Bible---do so through the lens of whatever doctrinal tradition(s) have contributed to your present "knowledge" of things, whatever those particular traditions might be. Foremost among those doctrinal sources would be your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect or denomination from which you have derived many of your personal beliefs, ideas, and assumptions according to which you inevitably interpret the Bible. This is simply the way in which human beings collect, process, and apply information, and you are certainly no exception.

Therefore, if (as you suggest) I should "stop letting others interpret Scripture for me," then you should be ready to do the same, correct? And yet, that simply goes against the way in which we learn and use the information that we call "knowledge." It just cannot be done---not by you, and not by anyone. In short: Everything you post here is a reflection of the teachings and opinions of men.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
No you don't. You trust unbiblical traditions. Scripture alone brings certainty in the midst of various oral traditions, proving oral tradition is unreliable: Luke 1:1-4
"Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught." Luke 1:1-4

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
UN-like you I let the scriptures say what they mean and mean what they say. YOU can read the bible yourself and let the Holy Spirit teach you instead of making other men your god's.
Yeah, he claims what tradition is written. Jesus defeated the three temptations of the Devil with, "it is written", not "I say". Mt 4:1-11

The Temptation of Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11. Three times Jesus was tempted by the Devil and each time Jesus replied exactly the same three dangerous words that defeated the Devil: "IT IS WRITTEN" Read it for yourself! If any one could have used oral tradition, it was Jesus, yet he chose the only safe and sure way to defeat Satan: Scripture. We just with that the Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches held scripture alone in the same high regard!
Traditionalists have simply not comprehended just how devastating it is that Jesus never appealed to his own authority in his 40 days temptation in the wilderness with the Devil.
Three times Jesus was tempted, three times Jesus replied, "It is written".

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What's more, congregations chose their own elders for the first few centuries, as even Catholic author Garry Wills admits in his useful book "Papal Sins." Bishops were not appointed by the pope until much later.

the pope has the keys, the power to bind and loose
-he is the umpire
-what he says goes
-it is as simple as that

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
the pope has the keys, the power to bind and loose
-he is the umpire
-what he says goes
-it is as simple as that
Yesterday we learned that at least 600 year's went by with no mention of a Mary apparition. Got to wonder why she never appeared to those early Christians. Then we learned that no one for centuries called Peter pope, Vicar of Christ, universal bishop, head of the church, or the man that Jesus left.
Now, what about the bodily assumption? How many centuries past before this was invented? When was it invented & who invented it? Maybe someone could find this teaching among the early NT church. Let's see.

Right Divider

Body part
What is the kingdom of heaven?
I guess that it has escaped their notice that the Bible does NOT describe any succession of leadership for the 12 nor the handing down of the keys.

Judas was replaced (Acts 1); James was not (Acts 12 to the end of the Bible, barring their man-made "tradition").

P.S. Only the 12 get their names on the 12 foundations (Rev 21:14).