the church

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus Christ can. Though.
So's what I said.
I agree with your typo.

I have attacks on my computer, so it is hard to fix typos when that happens. It might be just a coincidence, but when a certain person got banned, my computer acts better on TOL. Though I have typos even when my computer acts right.
I do not have a proofreader helping me with my posts.

Now explain to me how you think we only have to believe Jesus and forget about everything else he says.

We have to believe that we have to obey Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why don't you believe Paul? Paul says, "2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

Quite irrelevant.

"We must always obey Jesus....We must always obey everything Jesus says...I always obey Jesus..."-you

Sell all you have-"everything...always..."

Scammer. Fraud.

john w

Hall of Fame
the church teaches:
-redemption
-repentance
-forgiveness
-grace
-work
-mercy

Yes, respective, fallible members of the boc, do teach that-we are the church, in this dispensation. You hate that, grinding your teeth, as you read this, preparing to lick the boots of this made up, ecclesiastic hierarchy of clowns, wearing clown outfits, and clown hats, your "church."

musterion

Never listen to a man with a fish on his head.

th

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
King Solomon was all that and more, orders of magnitude more, and he authored multiple books of the Christian Scripture.

This is from that same Christian Scripture:
Spoiler
all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I believe in completely and fully and wholeheartedly and honestly the Christian Scripture, and all of it.

The Christian Scripture infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.
I believe in completely and fully and wholeheartedly and honestly the Christian Scripture, and all of it.

The 66 book bible infallibly teaches that elects, including the protestant elects, who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.

Cruciform

When I read the scripture I depend and trust God , through the Holy Spirit, to make the meaning known...
Yeah, me too! :up:

...NOT a sinful man or priest !
Of course, you---like everyone else on the planet who reads the Bible---do so through the lens of whatever doctrinal tradition(s) have contributed to your present "knowledge" of things, whatever those particular traditions might be. Foremost among those doctrinal sources would be your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect or denomination from which you have derived many of your personal beliefs, ideas, and assumptions according to which you inevitably interpret the Bible. This is simply the way in which human beings collect, process, and apply information, and you are certainly no exception.

Therefore, if (as you suggest) I should "stop letting others interpret Scripture for me," then you should be ready to do the same, correct? And yet, that simply goes against the way in which we learn and use the information that we call "knowledge." It just cannot be done---not by you, and not by anyone. In short: Everything you post here is a reflection of the teachings and opinions of men.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

Then, according to you, the Lord doesn't save anybody.

The Bible infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ should not perish, but have everlasting life.

All the scriptures that say 'believe'---those scriptures do NOT nullify the scriptures that say 'obey'.

God's Truth

Quite irrelevant.

"We must always obey Jesus....We must always obey everything Jesus says...I always obey Jesus..."-you

Sell all you have-"everything...always..."

Scammer. Fraud.

What is this that Paul is saying?

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

dodge

Yeah, me too! :up:

Of course, you---like everyone else on the planet who reads the Bible---do so through the lens of whatever doctrinal tradition(s) have contributed to your present "knowledge" of things, whatever those particular traditions might be. Foremost among those doctrinal sources would be your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect or denomination from which you have derived many of your personal beliefs, ideas, and assumptions according to which you inevitably interpret the Bible. This is simply the way in which human beings collect, process, and apply information, and you are certainly no exception.

Therefore, if (as you suggest) I should "stop letting others interpret Scripture for me," then you should be ready to do the same, correct? And yet, that simply goes against the way in which we learn and use the information that we call "knowledge." It just cannot be done---not by you, and not by anyone. In short: Everything you post here is a reflection of the teachings and opinions of men.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

UN-like you I let the scriptures say what they mean and mean what they say. YOU can read the bible yourself and let the Holy Spirit teach you instead of making other men your god's.

Cruciform

UN-like you I let the scriptures say what they mean and mean what they say.
No you don't, however much you wish to believe otherwise. The simple fact is this: Every appeal to Scripture is in fact an appeal to some human being's interpretation of Scripture. You are certainly no exception to this reality.

Right Divider

Body part
What is this that Paul is saying?

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.
Paul told them that they were SAVED and yet they needed instruction about proper conduct.

You need to learn what the Bible teaches.
1Cor 3:13-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You'd better get saved or that obedience of yours is going to send you straight to hell.

God's Truth

Paul told them that they were SAVED and yet they needed instruction about proper conduct.

You need to learn what the Bible teaches.
1Cor 3:13-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (3:14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (3:15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

You'd better get saved or that obedience of yours is going to send you straight to hell.

Why did Paul say it is a test to see if they could be obedient in everything? lol

dodge

No you don't, however much you wish to believe otherwise. The simple fact is this: Every appeal to Scripture is in fact an appeal to some human being's interpretation of Scripture. You are certainly no exception to this reality.

You just cannot break from letting others TELL you what to believe can you !

God gave you a brain correct ?

God promised to send the Holy Spirit correct ?

God promised to lead His children correct ?

God promised that His word would produce change in peoples lives correct ?

Show me one scripture where it Says we need an earthly "priest" after-Jesus' resurrection .

You need to read and study the book of Hebrews. We have a high priest that was tempted in all points as we have yet He was without sin.

Scripture says God is our Abba Father scripture NEVER says a man called pope is our Father NEVER.

FYI, when anyone reads scripture seeking God NO MAN is needed to do the Holy Spirit's work of convicting and leading that person to Jesus, but like a good Roman Catholic you brag on the supposed one true church, not Jesus, not understanding that the church are those in the body of Christ. Your loss not mine.