the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic Church infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
He really is completely ignorant of the Bible. It's the RCC way.
RCC are deceived

13528669_1317662901594939_7382176575734240854_n.png

john w

Hall of Fame
and king james told you there was a church in the wilderness during the days of moses
-good luck with that
Translated: If the bible(s), a bible, a particular bible, my stack of bibles,do/does not agree with what I believe,does not agree with my "doctrines," what I have been taught, I will correct it, by changing a word/changing words, or find a "the" bible, version, that agrees with my doctrine, supports my doctrine, agrees with what I believe. Thus, my doctrine, what I believe, determines what the bible is, what it should say, how it should read, and I can "prove" anything. Correcting any bible, presupposes an authority over it.

What else would you like to "prove?"

God's Truth

Translated: If the bible(s), a bible, a particular bible, my stack of bibles,do/does not agree with what I believe,does not agree with my "doctrines," what I have been taught, I will correct it, by changing a word/changing words, or find a "the" bible, version, that agrees with my doctrine, supports my doctrine, agrees with what I believe. Thus, my doctrine, what I believe, determines what the bible is, what it should say, how it should read, and I can "prove" anything. Correcting any bible, presupposes an authority over it.

2 Corinthians 2:9

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
They really are. The RCC wreaks of Baal worship, and they cannot see it.
The word Transubstantiation means a change of substance. Roman Catholicism teaches that the substance of the bread and wine is changed into the literal physical body and blood of CHRIST. A Catholic Theologian of the early Nineteenth Century by the name of Alphonsus Liguori in His book' entitled The duties and dignity of the Priest, made the following assertion.'' With regard to the power of the priest over the real body of Christ, it is of faith when they pronounce the words of consecration. The incarnate God has obliged Himself to obey and come into their hands under the sacramental appearance of bread and wine. He further stated that in obedience to His Priest, God, himself descends on the altar, that He comes whenever they call Him, and as often as they call Him, and places Himself in their hands, even though they should be His enemies. And after having come He remains, entirely at their disposals and they move him as they please from one place to another. They may, if they wish, shut Him up in the Tabernacle or expose Him on the altar or carry Him outside the Church; they may, if they chose, eat his flesh, and give for food to others. Besides, the power of the Priest surpasses that of the blessed Virgin Mary, because she cannot absolved a Catholic from even the smallest sin''. IF the above mentioned assertions by the Church of Rome is not blasphemy of the highest order, then I don't know what is. How could an Anti Christ religious organization exert and still maintain such a great influence on the mass of humanity for such an extended period in human history. The major theological and doctrinal tenets of Roman Catholicism is so remote from Christianity as the worship of baal is remote from the purest revelation of Yahweh taught by His prophets and clearly revealed in the pages of the Scriptures. It is incumbent of every christian who is name by the name of CHRIST, not only to minister the gospel of a loving Christ, but also speak out against every form of the doctrine of men and of the Devil that stand against the truth of the self same gospel.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Correcting any bible, presupposes an authority over it.
Agreed.

When the Reformers subtracted from the Scripture (Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, the Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach/Ecclesiasticus, Baruch), they presupposed an authority over it.

When the Church added to the Scripture (the New Testament), she presupposed an authority over it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

stp asked me a trick question about the church in the wilderness in the days of moses
-biblegateway has 55 versions of the bible
-only 8 use the word church in acts 7:38
-what do you think stp was trying to prove?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Agreed.

When the Reformers subtracted from the Scripture (Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, the Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach/Ecclesiasticus, Baruch), they presupposed an authority over it.

When the Church added to the Scripture (the New Testament), she presupposed an authority over it.
Holy spirit caused the reformers to do that based on the 66 book bible being the complete bible. If its complete then thats proof the Spirit lead the men to do such task. It was removed due to it not being breathed by God

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Holy spirit caused the reformers to do that based on the 66 book bible being the complete bible. If its complete then thats proof the Spirit lead the men to do such task. It was removed due to it not being breathed by God
The Holy Spirit infallibly teaches that anybody who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is an individual member of the Body of Christ.

God's Truth

The Catholic church does not obey God.

They bow to the works of their hands.

They pray to others besides Jesus.

They call their brothers in Christ 'father'.