the church

Cruciform

Your church is so corrupt it has God as a side note. Your church is all about Mary, your pope a a long list of living lies and changing God's word to make money and imprison folks it lies and deceptions, sadly. You would not know truth because you ignore God's word to follow men...The true church are those in Christ NOT those in the RCC whore house.
Proof, please. :yawn:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Your church is so corrupt it has God as a side note......
Why would you post such a ridiculous lie? Don't you think its a sin to post such flagrant, colossal lies? If you don't then you should. That's really really sad man, seriously.

.....Your church is all about Mary....
Demonstrable lie.

.....your pope a a long list of living lies and changing God's word....
Demonstrable lie.

.....You would not know truth because you ignore God's word to follow men.....
Demonstrable lie.

.....The true church are those in Christ NOT those in the RCC whore house.....
Now THAT is just pure hate. I actually hope God forgives you. The fact that you would say such a vile thing proves, to me at least, that you do not know Christ, His Gospel or His Love.

dodge

Why would you post such a ridiculous lie? Don't you think its a sin to post such flagrant, colossal lies? If you don't then you should. That's really really sad man, seriously.

Demonstrable lie.

Demonstrable lie.

Demonstrable lie.

Now THAT is just pure hate. I actually hope God forgives you. The fact that you would say such a vile thing proves, to me at least, that you do not know Christ, His Gospel or His Love.

I would suggest you leave the den of whores called the Roman Catholic church and trust and follow God.

dodge

Great, since I wholeheartedly believe and trust the word of God---just not the interpretations of God's word that you've been fed by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Big difference there.

That would be laughable if not so sad and tragic. YOU follow men NOT God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I know church history and will not join that den of vipers and idolaters called the Roman Catholic church.
Well, 'thing is, if you're baptized, and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you have already joined her; at least where it counts, which is for salvation.

Shucks.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
EXODUS 20. do NOT MAKE OR BOW BEFORE STATUES.

The commandment about “graven images” is one of the most misunderstood scriptures. Consider Exodus 25: 18-19: “And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends.” Here, God is commanding that images be made!

So is God contradicting himself? First he says don’t make a graven image, and then he orders graven images to be made? No, he is not contradicting himself. The problem is that folks have misinterpreted the words “graven image.”

According to Strong’s Concordance, the original Hebrew words that were translated into “graven image” referred to idols (Here is the concordance link: Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon ). Of course, we know that an idol is a false god, or something that you place above God. Since the Cheribum are not false Gods, there is no contradiction.

Therefore, statues in Catholic Churches are not a violation of the commandment either. They are not idols, because they are not false Gods. My Church has a statue of an angel, just like God commanded the Israelites to make. We have a statue of Jesus, who is CERTAINLY not a false God. We have statues of saints because they are heroes of the faith, not gods - just like America has statues of its heroes – Washington, Lincoln, etc. – and those are not idols either.

Bottom line: The commandments forbid images of false idols or false gods, but there is nothing wrong with beautiful artwork of Jesus, Mary, or angels, whether that artwork be paintings, statues, or whatever.

God's Truth

Of course, that's patented nonsense. The myriad man-made Protestant sects have any number of competing and contradictory interpretations of the Bible, including yours. It's on this very basis that such sects have separated from Christ's one historic Church and from one another over the past five centuries. You interpret Scripture every bit as much as does everyone else who reads the Bible. You are certainly no exception.

What you said would be laughable if it were not so serious. Your denomination is the epitome of being able to ADD and SUBTRACT from God's Word, thus nullifying it.

God's Truth

You have not yet been glorified in heaven so you are---to that degree---"separated from God." You are not as close to God as you one day will be after the general resurrection of believers (assuming you actually become a Christian at some point). Therefore, according to you, you are now "in hell/prison, condemnation." Correct?

Another laughable unreasonable comment from you. Those saved are given the Holy Spirit and ARE RECONCILED TO GOD by the Holy Spirit LIVING INSIDE THEM.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

dodge

Well, 'thing is, if you're baptized, and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you have already joined her; at least where it counts, which is for salvation.

Shucks.

Nonsense ! NO one NOT in the RCC is a product of their vile and UN-Godly idolatry !

dodge

The commandment about “graven images” is one of the most misunderstood scriptures. Consider Exodus 25: 18-19: “And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends.” Here, God is commanding that images be made!

So is God contradicting himself? First he says don’t make a graven image, and then he orders graven images to be made? No, he is not contradicting himself. The problem is that folks have misinterpreted the words “graven image.”

According to Strong’s Concordance, the original Hebrew words that were translated into “graven image” referred to idols (Here is the concordance link: Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon ). Of course, we know that an idol is a false god, or something that you place above God. Since the Cheribum are not false Gods, there is no contradiction.

Therefore, statues in Catholic Churches are not a violation of the commandment either. They are not idols, because they are not false Gods. My Church has a statue of an angel, just like God commanded the Israelites to make. We have a statue of Jesus, who is CERTAINLY not a false God. We have statues of saints because they are heroes of the faith, not gods - just like America has statues of its heroes – Washington, Lincoln, etc. – and those are not idols either.

Bottom line: The commandments forbid images of false idols or false gods, but there is nothing wrong with beautiful artwork of Jesus, Mary, or angels, whether that artwork be paintings, statues, or whatever.

What you think or believe does NOT make it ok with God.

Exo 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth[/B]:
Exo 20:5

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;