the church

dodge

Thus merely proving my statements in Post #2771 above. :yawn:

What exactly are you trying to prove everyone in Christ Jesus knows you are a Mary worshiper and idolater ?

You only deceive yourself and it will not work on anyone that is born again.

dodge

You lie every time you claim that Catholics engage in either, as has already been decisively demonstrated many times on TOL.

If you followed Jesus you would not bow before an idol or pray to Mary. Your loss not mine.

Since you follow Mary and a pope Jesus' words have NO meaning to you, sadly.

Cruciform

You confuse me for an idolater and Mary worshiper.
You're lying again, since I have accused you of neither.

NO I am not a Roman Catholic I do not bow before idols and worship Mary like Roman Catholics.
Merely another lie on your part, since Catholics worship neither idols nor Mary. Thanks for proving my point, however.

dodge

You're lying again, since I have accused you of neither.

Merely another lie on your part, since Catholics worship neither idols nor Mary. Thanks for proving my point, however.

You have nothing but mans traditions lies and smoking mirrors. Honesty is not your strong suit is it !

Cruciform

If you followed Jesus you would not bow before an idol...
I don't use "idols," therefore I do indeed follow Jesus.

...or pray to Mary.
Now you're changing your terminology. Are you talking about "worshiping" Mary, or "praying to" her?---the two are qualitatively different.

Since you follow Mary and a pope Jesus' words have NO meaning to you, sadly.
Since you follow your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, and yourself as "pope," Jesus' words have no meaning to you, sadly. (See how that works?)

dodge

I don't use "idols," therefore I do indeed follow Jesus.

Now you're changing your terminology. Are you talking about "worshiping" Mary, or "praying to" her?---the two are qualitatively different.

Since you follow your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, and yourself as "pope," Jesus' words have no meaning to you, sadly. (See how that works?)

Unlike you I read and trust the scripture I read unfiltered through Mary worshipers and idolaters.

dodge

...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway. :yawn:

Pot, meet Kettle. (Back to Post #2771.)

As you bow before your idols and pray to Mary YOU have nothing of faith to share just your shell of truth and hypocritical religion.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
As much as Roman Catholics want to claim that*keys*denote authority in a kingdom we have to say that is a complete & utter lie. There is not one passage of Scripture that say*keys*denote authority in a kingdom. What we know is that*keys*open & close doors. They lock or unlock the door. Thekeys, that Jesus grace all the apostles, denotes the preaching of the Gospel. When we preach the Gospel we are using the*keys*to open the door to the kingdom & inviting people in. When we fail to preach the Gospel we are in essence during the door against them.

Cruciform

...I read and trust the scripture...
Hey! Me, too! :thumb:

I read unfiltered...
No you don't. No one does. Whether you're aware of it or not, Protestants read the Bible through the lens of their chosen doctrinal traditions every bit as much as Catholics read the Bible through the lens of the Church's ancient teaching Tradition. You're certainly no exception.

Cruciform

As you bow before your idols and pray to Mary YOU have nothing of faith to share just your shell of truth and hypocritical religion.
Yes, once again the entirely non-authoritative opinions fed to you by your preferred recently-invented, man-made anti-Catholic sect are noted. :yawn:

Cruciform

As much as Roman Catholics want to claim that*keys*denote authority in a kingdom we have to say that is a complete & utter lie. There is not one passage of Scripture that say*keys*denote authority in a kingdom.
...except in all the biblical passages cited and discussed in THIS detailed resource. Come back when you've adequately educated yourself. Until then, you're just a public embarrassment.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The origins of the office of pope was pagan in it’s inception. What the Roman Catholic Church wants you to believe is that the apostle Peter was the first “pope”, however scripture refutes this claim. In fact the theology of the Roman Catholic Church reads that if anyone denies that Peter was the first Bishop of Rome they shall be accursed!

Nowhere in the New Testament does it read that Peter took on any role of “pope”, in fact the Gospels do not even show a whisper of any evidence that any of the apostles held any position of primacy! Jesus treated all His disciples the same and demonstrated this by conferring with all of them.

Peter wrote:

1 Peter 5: 1-5 (NASB)

Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 2 shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 3 nor yet aslording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.5 You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with*humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Does that read as if Peter views himself as pope? No he speaks as a fellow pastor/elder! Look if Peter shows us absolutely no evidence of him being the “Vicar of Christ” and it is nowhere indicated in the writing’s of Paul, why should we trust the Roman Catholic Church of such proclamations of the papacy of Peter?

As for the Roman Catholic term “Vicar of Christ” well…the word “Vicar” is defined as a “substitute”. This is the thought pattern of the RCC as they have stated that Peter is that “substitute” as he is the Lords representation on earth. This is blasphemous as Jesus Himself said that the Holy Spirit is the “Vicar of Christ”, read John 14: 16 (NASB)

16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

Also read John 16: 5-11 (NASB)

5 “But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. 8 And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; 11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

I conclude that inlight of evidence of the holy scriptures, the institution of the Papacy has zero credibility.

I pray that the Roman Catholic today, pray for true revelation, and listen to the Word of God in the scriptures. Read: Acts 17: 24-25

24 The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25 nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things;

God Bless

Brian Mason