the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
She tells God thanks that she is not a sinner like everyone else.
Spoiler
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The RCC has a god leading it but it is not God !
A Fairy Puppet god of Catholicism.....

"For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not. They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good."
Jeremiah 10:3-5, KJV.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I do regularly pray to someone other than God, right now I've been praying a lot to Mary. So by your definition of the word idolater, I'm an idolater. I just wanted to be honest for you, so you know, that according to what you mean by idolater, I am an idolater. I do pray to Mary, the actual lady, who is now in heaven. "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, amen." I pray that. I prayed that just now. When I pray to her, I know I'm not praying to God. She's not God. She's the mother of God, but, according to the doctrine of the Trinity, that does not make her God herself. I know that, and she knows that, and the Lord knows that. I know that Mary hears my prayers in exactly the way that the ideal, perfect human mother would hear them. She hears me, who I am, and what I really believe and know and feel, and she loves me exactly the way that my own mother would if she could know absolutely everything about my circumstances. She knows how hard I'm trying and she knows I'm doing my able and intelligent best, no matter what it may look like on the outside.

I hear what you're saying but I don't think I'm committing idolatry at all, the trespass, and I definitely know that if I am committing idolatry, I'm doing it involuntarily, because I don't think for a moment that I'm committing idolatry. Idolater is a homonym, between us, because I would not define idolatry as praying to Mary or to other members of the communion of saints. Basically, since the Roman Catholic Church is so plainly the Lord's Church---they have pictures and statues of Him almost literally everywhere---if that Church is instructing us to become an idolater, then that means Jesus wasn't Who we know He is, and that the Christian faith is a sham.

And I pray to our Father Who art in heaven a lot too, so I pray: Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And I pray that to Him a lot. I think about what I'm saying a lot, because I say it a lot, to Him. God, the Father.
And Roman Catholics claim they don't worship Mary. This is from The Glories of Mary (which the title itself is idolatry), the introduction the author committing idolatry by praying to Mary.

"mother Mary. Thou knowest that in thee, next to Jesus, I have placed all hope of my eternal salvation, since all the good I have received, my conversion, my vocation to leave the world, and whatever other graces have been given me by God, I acknowledge them all as coming through thee. Thou knowest that to see thee loved by all as thou dost deserve, and to offer thee some token of gratitude, I have always sought to proclaim thee everywhere, in public and in private, and to inspire all men with a sweet and salutary devotion to thee. I hope to continue to do so for the remainder of my life, even to my last breath."

Cruciform

1. idolatry

2. depending on a man made lie.

3. Praying to Mary.

4. The lie of purgatory which is NOT in scripture.

5. Changing where Jesus said do in remembrance to literal blood and body..

and on and on.
I challenged dodge to provide documented proof for his claim that the Catholic Church is "not Christ's one historic Church." His response here is to post a list of five things that his preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has fed him about what Catholic s supposedly believe and do. One at a time, then...

1. idolatry.
This entirely bogus claim has already been categorically refuted dozens of times on this forum, as it is once again HERE.

2. depending on a man made lie.
dodge fails to mention precisely what supposed "lie" he's talking about, so this claim can merely be dismissed as just another wholly unsubstantiated assertion on his part.

3. praying to Mary.
Of course, the mere fact that dodge's favored recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect happens not to "like" the Church's doctrine on this point means less than nothing.

4. The lie of purgatory which is NOT in scripture.
Oops! Try again.

5. Changing where Jesus said do in remembrance to literal blood and body.
Wrong again. So much for dodge's supposed "proof" that the Catholic church is not Christ's one historic Church. He has exactly nothing. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

It is not my opinion what God requires of us. It is stated in the Bible what God requires of us.
Your personal interpretations of the Bible, however, represent nothing more than your mere opinions about what God supposedly says and requires. My statement therefore stands exactly as posted.

dodge

Cruciform;4747437]I challenged dodge to provide documented proof for his claim that the Catholic Church is "not Christ's one historic Church." His response here is to post a list of five things that his preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has fed him about what Catholic s supposedly believe and do. One at a time, then.

I knew YOU would NOT accept scripture you have tradition, Mary worship, and a pope to replace and supersede scripture.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

I knew YOU would NOT accept scripture you have tradition, Mary worship, and a pope to replace and supersede scripture.

*Why is that statue there for anyway, idf not to be bowed down before, pray before, and worshipped? YES. Bowing to it IS WORSHIP. (Romans 11: 4), (Romans 14:11). (Philippians 2: 10).

marhig

• First, no one is bowing TO any sacred object or image. Get your facts straight.
  • Second, when people bow to the Queen of England, are they therefore "worshiping" her, yes or no?

Yes they are, mind you your right, Mary isn't sacred, she's been made an idol!

471e4ed33ac44f8f929cce29a9104c14.jpg

21f7469c3e27d596865d38d74954088f.jpg