the church

ClimateSanity

...to those who obey.

Obey the Gospel of Christ. We are under no law. There is not a specific set of rules that are exactly the same for everyone. You changed some set of behaviors in the past that you felt guilty about. In your mind, that is all that is required for you to obey. You felt guilty about no other behaviors and so you think you don't ever sin because you licked the one sin that caught your attention. All that matters to you is that you no longer use drugs and whore around. That's one set of behaviors that could turn anyone into a self righteous hypocrite once they stopped them. If those weren't the sins involved, I'm sure it was something equally sensational and hard to stop.

God's Truth

Obey the Gospel of Christ.

The gospel of Jesus is not that we do not have to obey God anymore.

We are under no law.

1 Corinthians 9:21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Those saved have the law written ON THEIR HEART AND MIND.

That is about having the Holy Spirit to live in our heart.

There is not a specific set of rules that are exactly the same for everyone.

What? Of course there is.

You changed some set of behaviors in the past that you felt guilty about.
You mean you did?

In your mind, that is all that is required for you to obey.

We have to obey everything Jesus says. What would you like to leave out? Would you like to leave out the humbling yourself part? How about the putting God first part? Maybe the forgiving others part? Maybe the stop stealing or fornicating? We have to obey everything.

You felt guilty about no other behaviors and so you think you don't ever sin because you licked the one sin that caught your attention.

I thought of every sin I ever committed. I laid it all out before the Lord.

All that matters to you is that you no longer use drugs and whore around.

I have not ever done any of those things.

That's one set of behaviors that could turn anyone into a self righteous hypocrite once they stopped them.

You describe your personal experiences and speak of yourself.

If those weren't the sins involved, I'm sure it was something equally sensational and hard to stop.

Are you saying you stopped a sin for Jesus?

God's Truth

Of course. The need to obey God has never been under dispute here, just your opinions about precisely what God requires of us.

It is not my opinion what God requires of us.

It is stated in the Bible what God requires of us.

There was a time when the only way to hear and learn about God was by those walking around and speaking publicly about what God says, and then going to a gathering where books and letters were shared from the Apostles.

You have a Bible now and can read for yourself exactly what God says.

You do not have to go try to figure out what denomination is the truth.

You take refuge in the oldness of the Catholic denomination, but fail to realize that false teachers were among the true believers from the beginning.

Having an old denomination means nothing.

Look at what God says for yourself in the Holy Bible.

I understand how you want to do right; however, doing right is about obeying God and not by obeying man.

We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are confused !
No, I'm not.
Mary cannot save you no matter how the RCC has lied to you.
1. I don't trust Mary to save me, just to pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which is all I ask of her.
2. Our magisterium, when teaching authoritatively in matters of faith, doctrine and morals does not lie.
FYI, according to Mary's own confession she was a sinner.
Provide your source.
The RCC declared itself the one true church , which is a lie of course.
The Holy Catholic Church is what the Lord meant when He said "Church" (Mt16:18,18:17).

God's Truth

No, I'm not.
1. I don't trust Mary to save me, just to pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which is all I ask of her.
Catholics don't just ask Mary to pray for them---Catholics PRAY TO MARY.
2. Our magisterium, when teaching authoritatively in matters of faith, doctrine and morals does not lie.
Provide your source.
The Holy Catholic Church is what the Lord meant when He said "Church" (Mt16:18,18:17).

Jesus was speaking of himself.