the church

Eagles Wings

That scripture says God works in us to make us WANT to obey Him.

God is our Helper.

It does not mean people cannot sin and fall away.
It is a great assurance to me that nothing, not even myself (creature) can separate me from Christ.

He makes intercession for me! Glory to God!

I think that is the promise of Romans 8:39

marhig

Believers are not preserved from falling, but from falling away.

Believers are tempted, but are not destroyed by it.

Believers sin, but not unto death.

Psalm 37:24 is another assurance from our Savior. David knew well what this meant as he rejoiced in the Lord's restoration.
Romans 38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,*Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is true, because if we are truly of God then he who is in us, is stronger than he who is of the world.

But, we can turn away from God, and that separates us. And wilful sinning separates us from God.

James was preaching after Jesus, yet he didn't preach once saved always saved. He preached that sin brings forth death. We are dead before we know God, we're brought to life through Jesus by the spirit but if we lust and wilfully sin, We can lose the spirit and be dead again

James 1

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.*Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

Once saved always saved is a false teaching and can give people a false security. We can't wilfully sin before the living God, and we must obey him. We must walk the walk not just talk the talk, we must be doers of the word and not hearers only.

marhig

I have already told you and then we were speaking about that scripture you did not understand.

Since you do not want to talk according to the scripture, think about why you only want to accuse.
Which scripture, there's been a few, which one do you mean and I'll look again thanks

Ben Masada

I'm new here, I don't know you all. And I don't judge anyone even though I may not agree with their religion or denomination, I'm just flesh, the word of God judges. Someone here judged me the other day, without even realising. They were talking to someone else, but I knew it was for me. And I took it to myself.

I have enough wrong with me. But I'm a sinner, I'm not perfect and it's only by the grace of God that I'm blessed with his spirit and he's saving me daily.

I don't agree with those who sat were saved and going to heaven regardless of what we do. Even wilful sinning. I don't believe that's right. I believe that when we realise we've done wrong, we go to God and say sorry, and if we can, we put it right

I've never heard anyone say they are completely sinless though. Only Jesus was sin free.

Not even Jesus was sin-free for two reasons: First, he broke the Golden Rule 15 times only within the text of Mat. 23:13-33 when he called the Pharisees as hypocrites and brood of vipers. The second reason is that according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions of the Law right there! If you find hard that Jesus could have broken the Law, admit the text to be a forgery but not that Jesus had the right to break the Law and remain immune of any side-reversing.

Eagles Wings

Romans 38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,*Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is true, because if we are truly of God then he who is in us, is stronger than he who is of the world.

But, we can turn away from God, and that separates us. And wilful sinning separates us from God.

James was preaching after Jesus, yet he didn't preach once saved always saved. He preached that sin brings forth death. We are dead before we know God, we're brought to life through Jesus by the spirit but if we lust and wilfully sin, We can lose the spirit and be dead again

James 1

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.*Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

Once saved always saved is a false teaching and can give people a false security. We can't wilfully sin before the living God, and we must obey him. We must walk the walk not just talk the talk, we must be doers of the word and not hearers only.
OSAS has the bad rap of causing some people to think that they can live in the same sinful way they did before they were saved.

It does matter how the Christian lives and I agree that we must be doers of the Word and hate all sin. We must put on the mind of Christ. We live with and love the Spirit's indwelling us with His good fruit.

Ben Masada

I'm new here, I don't know you all. And I don't judge anyone even though I may not agree with their religion or denomination, I'm just flesh, the word of God judges. Someone here judged me the other day, without even realising. They were talking to someone else, but I knew it was for me. And I took it to myself.

I have enough wrong with me. But I'm a sinner, I'm not perfect and it's only by the grace of God that I'm blessed with his spirit and he's saving me daily.

I don't agree with those who sat were saved and going to heaven regardless of what we do. Even wilful sinning. I don't believe that's right. I believe that when we realise we've done wrong, we go to God and say sorry, and if we can, we put it right

I've never heard anyone say they are completely sinless though. Only Jesus was sin free.

Not even Jesus was sin free for two reasons: First, he broke the Golden Rule 15 times only within the text of Mat. 23:13-33 when he called the Pharisees hypocrites and brood of vipers. The second reason is that according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned, and Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions of the Law right there! If you find hard that Jesus could have broken the Law, admit the text to be a forgery but not try to defend Jesus by claiming that he had the right to break the Law and remain immune of any charge.

marhig

Not even Jesus was sin free for two reasons: First, he broke the Golden Rule 15 times only within the text of Mat. 23:13-33 when he called the Pharisees hypocrites and brood of vipers. The second reason is that according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned, and Jesus was a man upon earth for 33 years of his life. The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions of the Law right there! If you find hard that Jesus could have broken the Law, admit the text to be a forgery but not try to defend Jesus by claiming that he had the right to break the Law and remain immune of any charge.

There may have never been a man that hadn't sinned up until then, but Jesus came after the book of Ecclesiastes was written, and i have complete faith in him, I believe he never sinned.

As for the pharasees he told the truth, they were hypocrites and vipers, they have the law thou shalt not kill. Yet they had Jesus crucified through Pilate so his blood wasn't on their hands, Pilate didn't want to do it, but they brought up caesar and used him against him to push him to kill Jesus, they even wanted Jesus finished off and taken down from the cross so that it didn't fall on the Sabbath day. Those that did that to Jesus, didn't belong to God they were vipers but God sees the heart regardless of what we try to hide, we are naked in his sight and he sees all our sins so they were hypocrites, vipers and white washed sepulchres full of dead men's bones.

John 19

The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and*that*they might be taken away.

Do you think it was ok for those men to treat Jesus and others in this vile way?

God's Truth

Not even Jesus was sin-free for two reasons: First, he broke the Golden Rule 15 times only within the text of Mat. 23:13-33 when he called the Pharisees as hypocrites and brood of vipers. The second reason is that according to Ecclesiastes 7:20 "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." The Golden Rule states not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions of the Law right there! If you find hard that Jesus could have broken the Law, admit the text to be a forgery but not that Jesus had the right to break the Law and remain immune of any side-reversing.

How do you obey Moses?

Moses says to take an animal to the high priest.

Have you a high priest and an animal sacrifice?

You know you do not obey Moses.

marhig

1 John 1:8.
I stand by what I said before. I find it hard to believe that people don't ever have a wrong thought or say something wrong. I did it the other day. Something came into my head, and straight away i knew I shouldn't have thought that way i stopped thinking about it. If I didn't know God, I would have carried that thought through and I could have carried it further, but my conscience is strong, and I believe that the spirit guides us by our conscience, so I listen it. But sometimes wrong thoughts do just come into my head. Then it's up to me to deny them.

So, can you honestly say that you never ever have a wrong thought or said anything ever wrong?

God's Truth

I stand by what I said before. I find it hard to believe that people don't ever have a wrong thought or say something wrong. I did it the other day. Something came into my head, and straight away i knew I shouldn't have thought that way i stopped thinking about it. If I didn't know God, I would have carried that thought through and I could have carried it further, but my conscience is strong, and I believe that the spirit guides us by our conscience, so I listen it. But sometimes wrong thoughts do just come into my head. Then it's up to me to deny them.

So, can you honestly say that you never ever have a wrong thought or said anything ever wrong?

You cannot stop yourself can you.

dodge

Nihilo;4744788]I do regularly pray to someone other than God, right now I've been praying a lot to Mary. So by your definition of the word idolater, I'm an idolater.

You are confused ! Mary cannot save you no matter how the RCC has lied to you.

FYI, according to Mary's own confession she was a sinner.

The RCC declared itself the one true church , which is a lie of course.